Thread: Rand Paul Joins Resolution to Support Israel, Condemn Hamas Terrorists

Post Rand Paul Joins Resolution to Support Israel, Condemn Hamas Terrorists

From a press release:

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) cosponsored S.Res. 226, a resolution condemning the attacks against Israel by Hamas terrorists, and reaffirming the United States’ commitment to our ally Israel.

“Every sovereign nation should be allowed to defend themselves. We know that Hamas is firing rockets into Israel, generally at civilians, and Israel should be able to defend its citizens,” said Dr. Paul. “Having visited Israel, I know they do live in fear, fear of daily attacks, and the decision for a cease-fire ultimately has to be made by Israel based on their security needs. This resolution reaffirms the United States’ support of our allied nation in their decision in rightfully responding to imminent threats by a terrorist group.”

This legislation was introduced by Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL) and is also cosponsored by 30 other Senators.

You can read S.Res. 226, HERE.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    From a press release:
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) cosponsored S.Res. 226, a resolution condemning the attacks against Israel by Hamas terrorists, and reaffirming the United States’ commitment to our ally Israel.

Does it mean he will oppose below resolution and policy being pushed by Sanders, Tlaib and other Congress members?

• Gaza death toll reaches 232, including 65 children, and 1,760 injured due to ongoing Israeli airstrikes; 50,000 families have been displaced, 24 health facilities suffered partial or complete damage, Gaza Ministry of Health reports.
    • US Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is reportedly preparing to introduce a resolution to halt U.S. sale of $735 million in precision-guided weapons to Israel, following a similar resolution from House democrats, led by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.)
    • Western press coverage continues to highlight the tremendously disproportionate destruction of Israel’s attacks, even pro-Israel observers say. Geraldo Rivera accused Israel of war crimes on Fox News: “The fact that the United States of America is providing Israel many of the weapons Israel is using today to kill Palestinian civilians without demanding a cease-fire, [Rashida] Tlaib is right. That makes us complicit in an ongoing crime against humanity.”
    • A group of Jewish employees of Google have called on the company to condemn Israel’s actions in Gaza and to “heed the requests framed by Palestinian Googlers and center their voices going forward.” The appeal has gotten 250 signatures. The group is a reported breakaway from a Google Jewish employees’ group that has suppressed criticism of Israel.

Congresswoman Tlaib: US tax dollars shouldn't support Israel
    MAY 10, 2021
    The United States must ensure that its tax dollars are not going to support an Israeli "apartheid" act in Jerusalem, Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Michigan) said over the weekend as she tweeted against Israeli violence towards Palestinians in Jerusalem as severe clashes broke out over the weekend."Too many are silent or dismissive as our U.S. tax dollars continue to be used for this kind of inhumanity," tweeted Tlaib, who was born to Palestinian parents who immigrated to the US.
    "I am tired of people functioning from a place of fear rather than doing what's right because of the bullying by pro-Israel lobbyists," she added. "This is apartheid, plain and simple," Tlaib stated.

He seems to be getting bad advice. On this issue, his stance does not align with principled position of vast majority of libertarians who oppose US taxpayers funded blowback generating global interventions and constant corruption of US political process by a cabal of globalist neocon lobbies with deep pockets.

Ron Paul: Israeli blockade of Gaza horrible & act of war, US morally responsible

Ron Paul: Israel's actions are atrocious, we need to stop supporting them!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTpJOVhIxWc

Ron Paul on Gaza
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08gTWqWrI4M

Ron Paul - Israel Created Hamas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3vF6Vcjr0

Hope he's not getting played by PM of our "closest ally".

In short term this may appear to be safe political approach for a US senator but there could be future political risks also if later it is confirmed that all the supporters got played by a proven self-serving scheming poodle of globalist war mongering lobbies who had previously lobbied hard for US to invade Iraq promising great fruits afterwards. Over a million Americans lost limbs, lives or were disabled as a result of that ill conceived war that was pushed hard by same lobbies that push such resolutions in Congress.
    Although ultimate responsibilty lies with us if we allow ourselves to be fooled by tricksters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    And all because Netanyahu couldn't form a coalition government so he sends in the shock troops to start to sway political opinion his way. Watch the political drama behind the curtain of violence.
    Sabri said yesterday that Israeli occupation forces attacked Al-Aqsa Mosque, upon orders from Netanyahu, to satisfy the settlers, so that he would remain in the position of prime minister.
    Timing of Polish-Israeli politician Netanyahu's Middle East Conflict Escalation

May 4, 2021
    Netanyahu Fails to Form New Israeli Government
    JERUSALEM — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel failed to form a new government by the midnight Tuesday deadline, putting his political future in ...
    The New York Times

May 4, 2021
    Israel's president picks Netanyahu opponent Lapid to form government
    Israel's president on Wednesday chose Yair Lapid, a centrist politician and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's strongest rival, to try to form a new government, ...
    Reuters 9 days ago
    reuters.com/world/middle-east/netanyahus-deadline-form-government-expires-rivals-eyed-2021-05-04/

May 13, 2021
    Gaza Flare-up: U.S. Official Hady Amr Lands in Tel Aviv to Meet With Israeli, Palestinian Leaders
    Gaza authorities say 119 killed, including 27 children. Eight dead in Israel
    Haaretz

May 14, 2021
    Netanyahu poised to gain political lifeline as violence flares
    Civil unrest between Jews and Arabs in Israel dealt a strong blow on Thursday to efforts by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's main political rival Yair Lapid ...
    Reuters 23 hours ago

That is where he lost my support years ago.

We should have cut ties with the Zionist Regime long ago.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The thing about Israel is that they once kicked the S#*^ out of every Arab nation in less than a week back in the 60s, and they'd do it again if they had to.

My opinion is that we should stop treating them like they're some helpless little lamb among wolves.

I do miss the Abraham Accords though.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 05-20-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Does it mean he will oppose below resolution and policy being pushed by Sanders, Tlaib and other Congress members?
    I'm afraid that yes, it does mean that he will oppose that, or at least not lend it any support, while letting it die in committee.

Also, note that the resolution the OP is talking about is just a nonbinding Senate resolution. All it does is express an opinion for show.

The joint resolutions your other links refer to are equivalent to bills in that they could potentially be voted on in both houses and go to the President for a signature to become law. They won't be. And I don't expect to see Rand stick his neck out to help push them toward that either (doing that would make him an enemy of Trump, which be political suicide). But at least they're not just symbolic gestures.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    The thing about Israel is that they once kicked the S#*^ out of every Arab nation in less than a week back in the 60s, and they'd do it again if they had to.

My opinion is that we should stop treating them like they're some helpless little lamb among wolves.

I do miss the Abraham Accords though.
    Agreed. Let Israel be in charge of their own destiny.

Jews seem to have a natural tendency to piss people off.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The jews and hamas both need to cut the $#@!. This has been going on too many years. Just give them Gaza and get it over with, the jews can't hold 2 million people in a prison forever.

Seems to me things quieted down with Trump around.

Am I not remembering this correctly, or could the Great Evil Cheeto actually have been doing something right in the Middle east?
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

“Every sovereign nation should be allowed to defend themselves. We know that Hamas is firing rockets into Israel, generally at civilians, and Israel should be able to defend its citizens,” said Dr. Paul. “Having visited Israel, I know they do live in fear, fear of daily attacks, and the decision for a cease-fire ultimately has to be made by Israel based on their security needs. This resolution reaffirms the United States’ support of our allied nation in their decision in rightfully responding to imminent threats by a terrorist group.”
    Pretty basic statement. Israel has the right to self-defense.

They don't have a right to US taxpayers money though. There are plenty of people who would donate if money was needed.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Am I not remembering this correctly, or could the Great Evil Cheeto actually have been doing something right in the Middle east?
    I'm still waiting on Biden to board a plane and personally meet face-to-face with our enemies.

But, he can't even get up the stairs.

It's no wonder no one in the M.E. takes him seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    That is where he lost my support years ago.

We should have cut ties with the Zionist Regime long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I'm afraid that yes, it does mean that he will oppose that, or at least not lend it any support, while letting it die in committee.

Also, note that the resolution the OP is talking about is just a nonbinding Senate resolution. All it does is express an opinion for show.

The joint resolutions your other links refer to are equivalent to bills in that they could potentially be voted on in both houses and go to the President for a signature to become law. They won't be. And I don't expect to see Rand stick his neck out to help push them toward that either (doing that would make him an enemy of Trump, which be political suicide). But at least they're not just symbolic gestures.

Not to justify this misguided step here but as a realtively new inductee into elite political class he's not as seasoned still and could be getting swayed on this issue due to bad advice, notoriously bad company or crafty tactics of deceptive lobbies. Hopefully going forward he'll build bridges on Foreign Policy matters with few anti-neocon progrsssive Dems in the Senate (not neocons puppets like Corey Booker but progressives like Sanders perhaps). An enouraging thing may be that Rand generally seems to have evidence-based rational approach and tends to be open to changing his mind as a he learns more. Not long ago he had called Trump 'less Presidential than a speck of dirt' (wording might not be exact) and later came around after seeing evidence to the contrary.

Despite some good disruptions and his inclination to showcase his "deal making" art at every opportunity, have to disagree with the premise here. Results of foreign policy often tend to be latent. 8 years of Bill Clinton were relatively calm but a large wave of violence (WTC1/2/7, Iraqi freedom war bloodbath, GWOT..) that started at the start of Bush term cannot be blamed on Bush alone but was linked to past decades history.

Policies of the "Cheeto" made things worse on Israel-Palestine front strategically for probably all parties and only spring loaded future fireworks.
    Granted Cheeto (who also used to be referred to as "Dump" by some conservatives) shared top donor with Israeli PM Netanyahu, threat of vioelnce and swinging a big stick as show of force alone can only keep an inherently volatile situation calm temporarily at best until underlying causes like open-ended occupation/freedom repression are addressed. But he did show the mideast players that there was no daylight between a superpower presided over by an alpha armed with MOABs and a regional bully with extended track record of war crimes against civilians.

Pentagon deploys American troops in Israel
    March 10, 2019
    JERUSALEM — In his increasingly uphill re-election battle, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s secret weapon is no secret.
    It’s President Trump.

Trump: ‘We have to protect Israel,’ shifting again on Syria withdrawal

Adelsons got a lot from Trump for $75 million — but media won’t tell you what
    By Philip Weiss and James North October 16, 2020

Trump receives a menorah from Miriam and Sheldon Adelson at the Israeli American Council National Summit Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, in Hollywood, Fla. (Official White House Photo by Joyce N. Boghosian)

Relational

Sheldon Adelson hates Rand Paul, but is open to Rubio/Cruz

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-resolution/226/cosponsors?q={%22search%22:[%22sres226%22]}&r=1&s=1&searchResultViewType=expanded

He is a Co-Sponsor.

Oh well. I guess he's just not very important after all. I won't forget this.

Last edited by Snowball; 05-21-2021 at 04:29 PM.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/lawmak...-a-government/

The Knesset’s Arrangements Committee on Monday voted to fast-track bills that would hinder Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s chances of forming a new coalition, in a minor political victory for Yesh Atid party leader Yair Lapid, who is currently tasked with forming a government that would oust the incumbent from power.

Political scrambling has continued after a ceasefire capped an 11-day round of intense fighting with terror groups in the Gaza Strip on Friday. Lapid has just nine days left before his mandate expires and passes on to the Knesset for three additional weeks. If no government is formed by then, Israel heads to its fifth election in 2.5 years.

The fast-tracked bills state that a premier cannot serve for more than two terms, and that a criminal defendant — such as Netanyahu — cannot be tasked by the president with forming a government.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

You are correct.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

The Knesset’s Arrangements Committee on Monday voted to fast-track bills that would hinder Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s chances of forming a new coalition, in a minor political victory for Yesh Atid party leader Yair Lapid, who is currently tasked with forming a government that would oust the incumbent from power.

Political scrambling has continued after a ceasefire capped an 11-day round of intense fighting with terror groups in the Gaza Strip on Friday. Lapid has just nine days left before his mandate expires and passes on to the Knesset for three additional weeks. If no government is formed by then, Israel heads to its fifth election in 2.5 years.

The fast-tracked bills state that a premier cannot serve for more than two terms, and that a criminal defendant — such as Netanyahu — cannot be tasked by the president with forming a government.
    This would be a spectacular 'Wag The Dog' play failure of this top-donorless political-orphan SWC & forever-in-gummit leech ... if confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This would be a spectacular 'Wag The Dog' play failure of this top-donorless political-orphan SWC & forever-in-gummit leech ... if confirmed.
    You won't hear any of that from USA MSM so we'll have to search for ourselves.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Merely temporarily on hold, due to the requirement to roll out the global plandemic. Had other issues been forefront in the newz, the roll out would not have been so successful, and the enormous tax dollars would not have been funneled to the largest globalist pharmaceutical corporations.

Gates & Co, I am presuming, had several meetings about this, with dear ol previous potus.

Last edited by PAF; 05-24-2021 at 11:07 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

From a press release:
    Yeah....not the move of someone who supposedly isn't running for president and just wants this to be his last term in the senate. Right now Rand is one of the most visible republicans in the country. The more Fauci's credibility drops (which is daily at this point) the more Rand's clout grows. I don't like the support of this resolution, but he wed himself to the teocons when he first ran for office.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yeah....not the move of someone who supposedly isn't running for president and just wants this to be his last term in the senate. Right now Rand is one of the most visible republicans in the country. The more Fauci's credibility drops (which is daily at this point) the more Rand's clout grows. I don't like the support of this resolution, but he wed himself to the teocons when he first ran for office.
    I don't think Rand is running for POTUS. That would make zero sense.

But yeah he looks like he is running for reelection, which is a bit of a surprise to me.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

I don't think Rand is running for POTUS. That would make zero sense.

But yeah he looks like he is running for reelection, which is a bit of a surprise to me.
    I tell you what. If Rand doesn't run for president in 2024 I'll buy you a pizza. If he does run you buy me a pizza. Deal?

Last edited by Contumacious; 05-25-2021 at 10:11 AM.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)