Thread: 35 House Republicans vote with Democrats to pass bill establishing Jan. 6 commission

Post 35 House Republicans vote with Democrats to pass bill establishing Jan. 6 commission

"DC Riot" is back in headlines.
    MSM report but appears to be non-fakenews:

35 House Republicans vote with Democrats to pass bill establishing Jan. 6 commission

Alayna TreeneWed, May 19, 2021

The House of Representatives voted 252-175 on Wednesday to pass a bill to set up a bipartisan 9/11-style commission to investigate the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riots.

Why it matters: Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and GOP leadership oppose the commission, but 35 House Republicans voted in support of the bill, underscoring the fault lines within the party in the aftermath of the insurrection.

• The amount of Republican support makes it far more difficult for Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) to try and dismiss the commission outright as a partisan effort.

What's next: Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) has promised the bill will get a vote, but it's still unclear how many Republicans will get on board.

• McConnell told fellow Republicans Tuesday he could not support the agreement in its current form, two sources familiar with his remarks told Axios' Alayna Treene, and formally announced his opposition from the Senate floor on Wednesday.
    • 10 GOP senators are needed for the proposal to pass.

The creation of the commission
    has been delayed for months because Republicans have insisted its scope should be expanded to include violence by far-left protesters last summer after the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

yahoo.com/35-house-republicans-vote-democrats-225336169.html

Relational

GOP Civil War: Trump asks GOP to replace “dour, sullen and unsmiling political hack” McConnell

Ted Cruz on "despicable terrorists who attacked the Capitol yesterday"

Poll: Did Trump and his allies help incite Capitol riot?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is there to investigate? A group of idiots got all fired up by Trump and broke the law. There I saved taxpayers 10 million dollars.

And so over and over the meme of an "insurrection" will be rehashed.

As lax as security was that day, 3 squads could have taken out the entire Senate along with the V.P.

But, that didn't happen did it?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    What is there to investigate? A group of idiots got all fired up by Trump and broke the law. There I saved taxpayers 10 million dollars.
    EM.
    Remaining MAGA Patriots might not be thrilled with this quick finding though.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Probably one of the many installments to come:

House to vote on $1.9 billion Capitol security bill after January 6 insurrection
    Thu May 20, 2021
    (CNN) The House of Representatives is expected to vote on Thursday to approve a $1.9 billion spending bill to increase security at the US Capitol in response to the deadly January 6 insurrection.

Ofcourse questions about alleged disobeying of orders of a sitting Commander-in-Chief (that in the past used to be called 'rebellion') to witthdraw troops are not being discussed by Congress or media.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Who Funded the Provocateurs?

Who ordered security to stand down?

Connections of everyone involved with the Staged and Quite Comical entry,,including Media Coverage and involvement.

Media involvement in Pelosi's Office.. Criminal acts not covered by 1st amendment shield.

anything I haven"t Thought of.. etc.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Who Funded the Provocateurs?

Who ordered security to stand down?

Connections of everyone involved with the Staged and Quite Comical entry,,including Media Coverage and involvement.

Media involvement in Pelosi's Office.. Criminal acts not covered by 1st amendment shield.

anything I haven"t Thought of.. etc.
    Who OPENED THE DOOR?

Nobody broke down the door.

Why were so many pictures taken of people at the Capitol who showed up in earlier pictures with Pelosi?

At the time it seemed like total BS.

This country is trash.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

As lax as security was that day, 3 squads could have taken out the entire Senate along with the V.P.

But, that didn't happen did it?
    Unfortunately, no, it didnt
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I guess the rest of them aren't interested in proving that it was secret ANTIFA BLM SJW transdolphin ninjas who were actually the ones in the capital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is a rumor that a (implied) threatening letter was sent to Congress from someone in the Capital Police, telling them to vote for this expanded investigation. Another Mueller investigation. How many Americans will be called in front of the "commission" and be jailed? How much entrapment will take place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8vBUhL_2qY
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I guess the rest of them aren't interested in proving that it was secret ANTIFA BLM SJW transdolphin ninjas who were actually the ones in the capital.
    I think it is quite apparent that there were representatives of those groups present and involved.

There were few,,and only a few Trump supporters inside,,and they were invited in.

The Staged Violence was Provocateurs,, and that was quite obvious from the start..Some attempted to stop them.

The whole Staged event in Pelosi's office was scripted by the Huff Po employee that was present and "documenting" the show.

and Horn Head SELF Proclaimed Q Shaman is a common leftist Troll,, that has Trolled several events..

and both antifa leaders and Public officials called for violence to disrupt the Trump Protest..

It was documented and KNOWN beforehand.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I think it is quite apparent that there were representatives of those groups present and involved.

There were few,,and only a few Trump supporters inside,,and they were invited in.

The Staged Violence was Provocateurs,, and that was quite obvious from the start..Some attempted to stop them.

The whole Staged event in Pelosi's office was scripted by the Huff Po employee that was present and "documenting" the show.

and Horn Head SELF Proclaimed Q Shaman is a common leftist Troll,, that has Trolled several events..

and both antifa leaders and Public officials called for violence to disrupt the Trump Protest..

It was documented and KNOWN beforehand.
    Geez, you'd think that the Trumpian wing of the GOP would love an investigation if that were the case.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Geez, you'd think that the Trumpian wing of the GOP would love an investigation if that were the case.
    But if the investigation is all lies?

These 35 RINOs should be voted out.

An investigation? I thought that said...

...pass a bill to set up a bipartisan 9/11-style commission...
    In other words, no investigation, just a multimillion dollar order for whitewash.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    But if the investigation is all lies?
    If the Trumpkins have enough votes in congress to oust Cheney, they have enough votes to ensure that the Republican members of the commission are suitably... "truthful"
    Pinochet is the model

Will they be investigating the shooting of Ashli Babbitt?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Will they be investigating the shooting of Ashli Babbitt?
    That has not been as far as I can tell .
    Do something Danke

I'd guess these 35 house republicans may not be needed on the new House Un American activities Committee .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There is a rumor that a (implied) threatening letter was sent to Congress from someone in the Capital Police, telling them to vote for this expanded investigation. Another Mueller investigation. How many Americans will be called in front of the "commission" and be jailed? How much entrapment will take place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8vBUhL_2qY
    Memory holed, as usual.

Here’s the gist if it:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson lashed out at members of the U.S. Capitol Police who blasted Republican opposition to an independent commission to investigate the violent Jan. 6 insurrection, calling their letter nothing more than a “ransom note” from an “armed political action committee.”

Just ahead of Wednesday’s House vote on the establishment of the inquiry into the Capitol riots, a letter signed by the “Proud Members of the United States Capitol Police” condemned Republicans who didn’t want to establish the independent commission. No names were attached to the statement.

“It is inconceivable that some of the Members we protect, would downplay the events of January 6th. Member safety was dependent upon the heroic actions of USCP. It is a privileged assumption for Members to have the point of view that ‘It wasn't that bad,’” the anonymous letter said.

Carlson, who recently applauded House Republican leaders for not supporting the bipartisan inquiry that was negotiated by Republicans, kicked off his Thursday night primetime program by tearing into those police officers who disagreed with the GOP’s stance. And in his view, they are “bodyguards” who should not express any political opinions.

“So it was anonymous and that was the first if this was not your average security bulletin. It definitely was not. It was instead a political demand,” Carlson fumed. “The letter instructed members of Congress to vote yes to establish a ‘January 6th insurrection commission.’”
    More: https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlso...014109021.html
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.