Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh come on now, this double standard $#@! is out of control...

Exclamation Oh come on now, this double standard $#@! is out of control...

For $#@!'s sake...OK, look, I don't care about Orange Man Bad or arguing policy or anything else.

I just wanted to point this out...and to point out if Trump made such a comment, the Marxist media would be in frothing screaming hissy fit for days.

Biden was asked by a reporter while doing some glad handing propaganda fluff for Ford's new $100,000 electric F150, if he could ask a question about Israel.

Biden's reply: “No you can’t. Not unless you get in front of the car when I step on it.”

Pretty snappy comeback for Puddin' Joe, I thought...but, just imagine if it had been Trump.

‘This Sucker’s Quick!’ — Secret Service Allows Joe Biden to Speed Away in Electric F-150

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lectric-f-150/

Charlie Spiering 18 May 2021

President Joe Biden personally drove the new electric F-150 Lightning on Tuesday during a visit to a Ford plant in Dearborn, Michigan.

“We let him drive himself,” a Ford executive told reporters as the president drove by reporters on a testing track.

The president accelerated quickly and pulled up to reporters and rolled down the window of the pickup to talk to them.

“This sucker’s quick,” he said.

President Biden test drives Ford’s new electric F-150 on a track pic.twitter.com/ICAlHtpLrW

— Mario Parker (@MarioDParker) May 18, 2021

When asked how it felt to get behind the wheel again, Biden replied, “It feels great.”

Biden said the pickup would do 0-60 in about 4.4 seconds.

When asked if he would ever buy an electric F-150, Biden replied, “Yes. I would.”

The new all-electric F-150 pickup is estimated to start at $70,000 with fully loaded packages costing as much as $100,000.

The pickup had several taped-up sections to help preserve the styling and design details for the official product launch. The full details of the pickup will be released Tuesday.

Biden advised reporters to get out of the way before he punched down the accelerator.

“I’m just going to step on it and I’ll come off at 80 mph,” Biden said.

When a reporter asked him if he could ask a question about Israel, Biden replied, “No you can’t. Not unless you get in front of the car when I step on it.”

Biden punched the accelerator down as the pickup sped off at a high rate of speed on the test track.

Secret Service typically prevents presidents from driving themselves, unless it is in a controlled setting.

That usually inspires some bipartisan frustration from presidents, especially while touring car manufacturing plants or looking at new vehicles.

“I like to drive. I can’t drive anymore,” former President Donald Trump mused during a 2017 interview with Reuters.

In 2010, former President Obama drove a Chevy Volt for about 10 feet during a visit to a General Motors plant to promote electric vehicles, despite some protest from the Secret Service.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That’s the problem. People look to presidents, and care about what they say and think. They are not kings. They are not the congress or the senate.

When people stop paying attention, and begin to think as individuals, perhaps freedom can maybe ring again.

Trump, Biden, do appreciate the attention pedestal though.
    Last edited by PAF; 05-18-2021 at 10:40 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

What I find interesting is that a large amount of the double standard is entirely unintentional.

If Trump had said the same, the righteous indignation they would respond with would be genuine in nature.

The degree to which they hated Trump was/is a psychosis.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If Trump had said the same, the righteous indignation they would respond with would be genuine in nature.
    Oh? Genuine stuff, is it? Can you prove it?

We hate progs because they're the Thought Police. But we can't fight the Thought Police because we're too busy pretending we can read minds too.

"The degree to which they hated Trump was/is a psychosis." Red Team Red Team Rah Rah Rah! And if I told you no two individuals ever in history hated Trump the exact same way? If I told you every individual human in all the world--even identical twins--hates Trump a little differently?

We can't fight the progs by being the Thought Police, we can't fight the Progs by stuffing people in boxes and slapping Official Labels on, we can't prevent this tragedy with groupthink. You want to win the civil war they're offering us? Do you? Is winning this important to you? Is it?

Then TREAT PEOPLE AS INDIVIDUALS!. People are so ready for that.

Oh, and Biden, you senile prick. You're old enough and Yankee enough to know better. An F-150 is not a God damned car. If you can pee from the luggage compartment without opening a lid, it's called a truck, you $#@!.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2021 at 06:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

another aspect that is bull$#@!, the pressitutes are lapdogs for Biden, politely ask permission to ask him a question, whereas they would just bark the most insane ridiculous questions at Trump and then get incensed when he didn't answer, go on their networks and complain he didn't answer the question.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Oh? Genuine stuff, is it? Can you prove it?
    TDS has been proven repeatedly over the last 5 years. I'm not going to spend much time explaining something that is obvious to even the most casual observer.

"The degree to which they hated Trump was/is a psychosis." Red Team Red Team Rah Rah Rah! And if I told you no two individuals ever in history hated Trump the exact same way? If I told you every individual human in all the world--even identical twins--hates Trump a little differently?
    Has pretty much nothing to do with Red team. Let's say Romney was elected to Red Team instead of Trump. The left would have had their typical bias, but nowhere near the sheer hatred they had for Trump.

Even the right did not hate Obama near as much as the left hated Trump. And people hated Obama quite a lot.

Then TREAT PEOPLE AS INDIVIDUALS!. People are so ready for that.
    Blah blah blah. It is entirely possible to treat people as individuals, while at the same time recognizing that groups do exist. The $#@!ing anti-collectivist drivel gets old around here sometimes.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 05-19-2021 at 07:25 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Blah blah blah. It is entirely possible to treat people as individuals, while at the same time recognizing that groups do exist. The $#@!ing anti-collectivist drivel gets old around here sometimes.
    The anti-collectivist drivel gets old. The collectivists purposely destroy the economy, relegate half the population to Racist Deplorable status, censor the net, flip votes, try to strip God-given rights from people who don't want two armfuls of untested God-Knows-What, and shoot anyone who looks like they might have a squirt gun, and my anti-collectivist drivel is your biggest bane in life.

Well, then. Hope you can make that last.
    Divide people into two groups. Assign each group a side to every issue. Make sure each of the two groups holds the reprehensible side of a similar number of issues. And when two rugged individualists well known to each other discuss something, it always comes down to, "Well if you think that, then you also hate puppies, don't you?" v. "Well if you think that, then you also hate kittens, don't you?" Even though both these people know the other never marches in lockstep with any group.
    I never did believe fighting fire with fire is the best way to save the house.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2021 at 08:08 AM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

The anti-collectivist drivel gets old. The collectivists purposely destroy the economy, relegate half the population to Racist Deplorable status, censor the net, flip votes, try to strip God-given rights from people who don't want two armfuls of untested God-Knows-What, and shoot anyone who looks like they might have a squirt gun, and my anti-collectivist drivel is your biggest bane in life.
    You realize however that you are grouping me in with the collectivists, instead of treating me as an individual.

And more broadly, you are collectivizing the collectivists. They are individuals as well and you can't paint them with so broad a brush.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The $#@!ing anti-collectivist drivel gets old around here sometimes.
    You realize however that you are grouping me in with the collectivists, instead of treating me as an individual.
    I stuck you in with the collectivists?

Better you should have quoted this:

I stuck you in with the collectivists?

Better you should have quoted this:

It's no issue. Just thought I'd make you aware of your own hypocrisy.

Those damn "evil collectivists!"
    - Kim Kardashian

It's no issue. Just thought I'd make you aware of your own hypocrisy.

Those damn "evil collectivists!"
    You quote me talking about collectivists trashing the economy, foisting untested goop on people, censoring people, rigging elections and shooting people as "proof" I'm lumping you in with them, when you know as well as I do that I accused you of none of those things. Then you accuse me of hypocrisy, but are quick to reassure me it's "no issue".

And why shouldn't I have an issue with you making crap up so you can call me names? The liberal media makes crap up so they can call us both names, and you take issue with that.

They want us to fight them by stooping to their level. They want that because there's no way in hell we beat the communists by trying to be sleazier than they are.

You quote me talking about collectivists trashing the economy, foisting untested goop on people, censoring people, rigging elections and shooting people as "proof" I'm lumping you in with them, when you know as well as I do that I accused you of none of those things. Then you accuse me of hypocrisy, but are quick to reassure me it's "no issue".

And why shouldn't I have an issue with you making crap up so you can call me names? The liberal media makes crap up so they can call us both names, and you take issue with that.

They want us to fight them by stooping to their level. They want that because there's no way in hell we beat the communists by trying to be sleazier than they are.
    There is nothing inherently wrong with collectivism. And demonizing "collectivists" as a group is by its nature, a collectivist behavior.

Groups exist and serve a useful purpose.

Which is apparently a controversial thing to say around here sometimes.
    - Kim Kardashian

There is nothing inherently wrong with collectivism. And demonizing "collectivists" as a group is by its nature, a collectivist behavior.

Groups exist and serve a useful purpose.

Which is apparently a controversial thing to say around here sometimes.
    So you argue that the media all unanimously and unilaterally have a psychotic hatred of Trump. I say you don't know that. And you don't. They could easily be playing us. Easily.

And from that we get to the point where you seem to be saying that I think it's immoral for Habitat for Humanity to get together and refurbish a house.

No, I'm not going to sit quietly in this box while you try to think of a label to stick on it, either. Got any more boxes you want to try to stuff me into, so you can categorize me and ignore me, and don't have to deal with me as a unique human being?

So you argue that the media all unanimously and unilaterally have a psychotic hatred of Trump. I say you don't know that. And you don't. They could easily be playing us. Easily.
    Nearly unanimously yes. The average non-media leftist individual hates Trump with a passion never before seen. It is not a very large leap that the individual people in the leftist media share this hatred. The media doesn't need to be told to "hate Trump". The media is told to do a lot of things, but to hate Trump, no - that part comes naturally.

And from that we get to the point where you seem to be saying that I think it's immoral for Habitat for Humanity to get together and refurbish a house.
    Not sure how you made that reach but ok.

No, I'm not going to sit quietly in this box while you try to think of a label to stick on it, either. Got any more boxes you want to try to stuff me into, so you can categorize me and ignore me, and don't have to deal with me as a unique human being?
    Blah blah, more meaningless anti-collectivist drivel. You belong to several groups/labels. One of which is "anti-collectivist". Or did I misgender/mislabel your individual brand of anti-collectivism?
    - Kim Kardashian

Nearly unanimously yes. The average non-media leftist individual hates Trump with a passion never before seen. It is not a very large leap that the individual people in the leftist media share this hatred. The media doesn't need to be told to "hate Trump". The media is told to do a lot of things, but to hate Trump, no - that part comes naturally.

Stop repeating fundamentalist claptrap and prove it.

And prove it about every last single solitary one of them, down to the janitor and the IT guy.

A child could see the world's more complicated than that.

Did I misgender/mislabel your individual brand of anti-collectivism?
    Now, see? Isn't that just like a Texan? You know damned good and well we use the exact same pronouns y'all do.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Prove it.
    Why
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The worst part was the press fawning over him at the end. Grandpa is clearly out of his mind and does not belong behind the wheel.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Why
    Because bursting your own bubble is very freeing.

Because bursting your own bubble is very freeing.
    Is it safe to assume you're on the spectrum? If you had even a moderate ability to read emotions, the hatred that the left has for Trump would be self evident.

You're basically asking me to describe colors to a blind man.
    - Kim Kardashian

Is it safe to assume you're on the spectrum? If you had even a moderate ability to read emotions, the hatred that the left has for Trump would be self evident.

Would that be the Autism Spectrum Box you're trying to stuff me into?

I won't buy you offering as proof that 100% of the people who work at the MSM really, personally hate Trump that all the ones you actually saw on camera somewhere convinced you they weren't acting, and you try to stuff me in the Autism Spectrum Box?

Well, trying to stuff me in these boxes seems to be easy enough. You certainly don't spend as much time doing it as I spend creating rational responses to the actual subject at hand

Did they hate Ron Paul too? If they hated both equally, why is the way they treat the two men exactly 100% different?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Would that be the Autism Spectrum Box you're trying to stuff me into?

I won't buy you offering as proof that 100% of the people who work at the MSM really, personally hate Trump that all the ones you actually saw on camera somewhere convinced you they weren't acting, and you try to stuff me in the Autism Spectrum Box?

Well, trying to stuff me in these boxes seems to be easy enough. You certainly don't spend as much time doing it as I spend creating rational responses to the actual subject at hand

Did they hate Ron Paul too? If they hated both equally, why is the way they treat the two men exactly 100% different?
    Clearly, you spent a lot of time crafting this rational, coherent response. I will spend the next few days studying the contents of your response, to fully grasp the wisdom and deeper meanings that lie within.
    - Kim Kardashian

Clearly, you spent a lot of time crafting this rational, coherent response. I will spend the next few days studying the contents of your response, to fully grasp the wisdom and deeper meanings that lie within.
    Feel free. Read your horoscope while you're at it.

Then, when you've digested sufficiently, answer the question. Do they hate Trump and Ron Paul equally? And if so, why is there such a stark difference between the recipient of a gazillion dollars worth of free publicity and He Who Must Not Be Named?

Your analogy is apt. Some people cannot read emotions, so they have to pattern their thoughts around a cultivated personal philosophy that attempts to explain the world in their absence. Naturally, this leads them to form conclusions utterly unrelated to the species to which they belong as humanity is driven more by emotions than anything else.

Do they hate Trump and Ron Paul equally?
    Not even remotely. The left never hated Ron Paul. The left (and right) mostly just disregarded him as a kook. He occupied zero space in their minds.

I don't see how you could even consider this a reasonable question.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Feel free. Read your horoscope while you're at it.

Then, when you've digested sufficiently, answer the question. Do they hate Trump and Ron Paul equally? And if so, why is there such a stark difference between the recipient of a gazillion dollars worth of free publicity and He Who Must Not Be Named?
    Thank you!

I've been saying that since forever!
    There is no spoon.

I think I may be a vampire. I looked in that mirror and saw... No one.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

This is a really great observation. Many libertarians want people to use their brains and think. To use logic to see why we are right, and we are. That fails to recognize that emotion largely trumps logic. Facts don't matter nearly as much as emotion.

Evidence < Emotion
    Proof < Emotion
    Facts < Emotion
    Logic < Emotion

Without the ability to read emotions, arguments fail.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Thank you!

I've been saying that since forever!

Must spread + rep to both of you.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Not even remotely. The left never hated Ron Paul.
    The MSM, Texan. Changing the subject didn't help the Longhorns in quadruple overtime and it won't help you now. I'm talking about the media that reported the first, third and fourth place finishers in the 2008 Iowa Caucus. The MSM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    This is a really great observation. Many libertarians want people to use their brains and think. To use logic to see why we are right, and we are. That fails to recognize that emotion largely trumps logic. Facts don't matter nearly as much as emotion.

Evidence < Emotion
    Proof < Emotion
    Facts < Emotion
    Logic < Emotion

Without the ability to read emotions, arguments fail.
    Yup. That's been the libertarian problem right along, coupled with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Will Rogers
    The fellow who can only see a week ahead is always the popular fellow, for he is looking with the crowd. But the one that can see years ahead, he has a telescope but he can't make anybody believe that he has it.'--Will Rogers
    But, you know, emotions were running high in a certain British colony in the 1770s. And a libertarian group managed to do some amazing things with it.

I'm seeing people get emotional about things no one got emotional about in 2008. I have faith in my ability to teach people reasonable things now, and seeing them get emotional about them later.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 05-19-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The worst part was the press fawning over him at the end.
    I saw a clip of this yesterday. My first reaction was the same as AF's.

When Biden does it, they laugh and applaud. But if it had been Trump, the corporate media would have lost its $#@! - his remarks would have been plastered all over the cable "news" and characterized as an example of his callous and vicious disregard for and contempt of the press, and the New York Times and Washington Post (among countless others) would have been frothing at the pen (or keyboard) about it.

And this result would have occurred regardless of whether it is the case that (1) Turmp was the arch-nemesis of the Cathedral, which hates him with a burning passion, or (2) Trump was the willing and cooperative cat's-paw of the Cathedral, or (3) Trump was a narcissistic blowhard who (more accidentally than not) upset the Cathedral's apple cart, or (4) any combination of (1), (2), and/or (3), in whatever degree.

In any case, and for whatever reason, the Cathedral's contrasting presentations and treatments of Trump and Biden respectively are all just part of the same smarmy facade - sort of like a "good cop"/"bad cop" routine, only played out with two perps instead of one.

It's all theatrics and just for show - namely, a puppet show (whatever strings might be attached however firmly to whomever).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-19-2021 at 11:38 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast