Thread: Mask Rebellion...On The Floor of the US House!

Mask Rebellion...On The Floor of the US House!

Mask Rebellion...On The Floor of the US House!
    written by daniel mcadams - may 18, 2021

Leave it to Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) to take a stand for freedom and liberty! In open defiance of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-CA) rule imposing a fine of $500 (second offense $2,500) for any Member appearing on the House Floor without a face mask, Rep. Massie has organized a maskless protest...right on the Floor of the House of Representatives!

As Rep. Massie Tweeted during a series of votes, where he and a group of Members could clearly be seen up front without face masks, at least ten other Members have joined his mini-rebellion right in front of the Speaker's podium. Maskless, chatting up, fearless. Just daring Pelosi to strike back.

Massie announced his planned protest earlier today via Twitter:

@RepThomasMassie

We’ve had enough. We are refusing to wear our masks on the floor during this vote in spite of Pelosi’s threat to take $500 from each of us.

Her rule is not based on science. All you need to know is the mask rule has only ever applied to members when they can be seen on TV !
    RPI received word from a contact in one of the protesting Member's offices that the maskless Members had received a verbal warning - which they have ignored. It remains unclear whether a written warning or a fine will follow.

In February, Texas Republican Louis Gohmert was fined $5,000 for using the restroom without passing through new metal detectors Pelosi had installed in the wake of the January 6th "insurrection."

On Friday, 14 May, the CDC did a U-turn on its previous policy that vaccinated people should still wear masks indoors and outdoors, stating that the vaccinated could henceforth emerge from their masks in both settings.

Other Republican lawmakers celebrated the CDC's about-face on masks, declaring "Freedom!" - but it was Massie (and allies) today who put that sentiment into action by openly defying Pelosi's adherence to the previous CDC guideline.

Now that "the science" has determined that mask-wearing is no longer necessary, can we start claiming that Pelosi and the Democrats are "anti-science"?
    http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives...-the-us-house/
    Copyright © 2021 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given.

Please donate to the Ron Paul Institute
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, what, 11? 12? Maybe one or two more than that? Out of 435.

Sounds like Massie is having about as much luck stirring rebellion up there as those of us who spent the entire Spring aand Summer last year attempting to encorage and organize real resistance around here.

freedom!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Huzzah!

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Now that "the science" has determined that mask-wearing is no longer necessary, can we start claiming that Pelosi and the Democrats are "anti-science"?
    "Science" had proved over and over again that non sealing, non pressurized, cloth or fiber face masks were useless in controlling the spread of viral respiratory illness.

It was never about "science".

It was about ridiculous compliance theater.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

POLL
    TAX
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    "Science" had proved over and over again that non sealing, non pressurized, cloth or fiber face masks were useless in controlling the spread of viral respiratory illness.

It was never about "science".

It was about ridiculous compliance theater.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

+rep
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

Sounds like Massie is having about as much luck stirring rebellion up there as those of us who spent the entire Spring aand Summer last year attempting to encorage and organize real resistance around here.

freedom!
    It is indeed frustrating. But those others of the 435 are lost causes, anyway.

Anything that promotes greater visibility and currency for defiant non-compliance is to be appreciated.

Even symbolic gestures are better than nothing at all.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-19-2021 at 09:59 AM. Reason: "be be" --> "be"
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMas...03119058100224
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://www.twitter.com/JordanSchach...62391745933313

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post

freedom!
    You gotta start somewhere. Several blacks before Rosa Parks refused to give up their seats before she was arrested. Then Rosa refused and was arrested. Then the entire black population of Montgomery Alabama refused to ride on segregated busses.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Anything that promotes greater visibility and currency for defiant non-compliance is to be appreciated.
    A classic example:
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You gotta start somewhere. Several blacks before Rosa Parks refused to give up their seats before she was arrested. Then Rosa refused and was arrested. Then the entire black population of Montgomery Alabama refused to ride on segregated busses.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again.

Even if we wish (as I certainly do) that Massie et al. had made just such a stand before the change in CDC guidelines, doing so afterwards still serves a useful purpose. For one thing, it makes mock of Pelosi et al. and highlights their hypocrisy, given their prior use of The ScienceTM to justify their impositions - an excuse their scientism is no longer giving them. (One should never pass up an opportunity to hoist one's enemies on their own petard, even as one may wish that the petard in question had been defused long before.)
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-19-2021 at 10:08 AM.

Massie bein' awesome as usual
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

https://www.twitter.com/RepBrianMast...05988834820104

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Massie bein' awesome as usual
    https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...76430573211652

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-19-2021 at 12:06 PM.

I like how the letter capitalizes the "Floor of the House".

It must be one magnificent floor
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

This is great and all, but why wasn't this done during the entirely of last year?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He should have been more symbolic and ripped the letter up like she did with Trump's SOTU speech last year.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I like how the letter capitalizes the "Floor of the House".

It must be one magnificent floor
    Well, the Floor of the House is part of the Capitol building, after all - so that makes it sacred and holy ground, and therefore worthy of being capitalized.

Well, the Floor of the House is part of the Capitol building, after all - so that makes it sacred and holy ground, and therefore worthy of being capitalized.
    So then, would that be the Garbage Can of Congressman Massie?
    - Kim Kardashian

So then, would that be the Garbage Can of Congressman Massie?
    Of course not. Massie is a false prophet and a purveyor of libertarian heresies.

I mean, just look what the damnable apostate did to that page of Holy Writ!

No - Pelosi has a Garbage Can, but Massie only has a garbage can.

If Massie can be excommunicated, then maybe his garbage can can be resanctified as a Garbage Can.

Maybe. But they should probably cleanse it with fire by burning it, just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMas...03119058100224
    https://twitter.com/LPNH/status/1395118027952300032

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...27146512875522

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...45233312276480

https://twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/...64754131517443

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Massie being elected to congress is probably the most notable and best outcome of the work we all did back in 2008-2012. He's Ron Paul but younger and less rambly. Love to see his popularity ascending at the same time Cheney gets the boot.

Thumbs up Massie sues Congress in SCOTUS over mask mandate pay dock

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst