Thread: Axios: Trump tried to pull troops from around world

Axios: Trump tried to pull troops from around world

Trump tried to bring troops home from Afghanistan,Iraq,Germany & Africa.
    But the $#@!ing Pentagon blocked him.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post

I suppose we should not wonder any longer at how the left and Democrats have become the war party and MIC propagandists.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Man, if this is true, there is no wonder why they wouldn't "investigate" the election mayhem.

124 retired military officers penned this letter: https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/fb7...=1620643005025

Too bad he waited for the 13th hour before he became a real President. He could have stopped all that lockdown madness, he could have brought our sons and daughters home, he could have cut the government's spending, he could have done lots of things that I would have respected. But alas, he was a conman.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

I'm going to have to watch this more than once to digest it. Not just the report itself, but all of the vectoring in it. So.....to keep people from watching this and thinking "Hey...maybe this is a good idea" and the end CNN throws in a "Trump supports torture and the generals he surrounded himself didn't" unsourced hand grenade. Ummm....if these long time generals were against torture, why didn't they stop it under Bush? Trump wanted to pull all of the troops out of Africa? Sounds good to me. Same for pulling them out of Germany and Afghanistan. And yeah..."diversity" isn't the job description of a military.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Too bad he waited for the 13th hour before he became a real President.
    You really think he just changed at the last minute??

He could have stopped all that lockdown madness
    The elite could have released the COVID virus any time they wanted.. several years ago, several years from now... certainly it helps them with many of their goals, but there is only ONE goal it served by releasing it at that specific time. They released it last year to help ensure Trump lost the election.

First of all, he was against the lockdowns. He supported a short lockdown at the beginning when we didn't know what was going on, then after that he promoted opening up the country like Florida did. But he didn't want to overstep his Constitutional bounds. The media would have treated him like a dictator, and that would have been bad for the election. He reacted to COVID the way he did, because anything else would have just made everything worse in terms of the election and we would have certainly ended up with Biden in the White House. One thing many people learned form Trump is that the media has a lot more power than the President. Trump still won the election, they are still doing audits. He did everything he could to expose the cheating.

he could have brought our sons and daughters home
    He tried that multiple times as well.

he could have cut the government's spending
    Congress did all the details on that, there was some spending he believed he needed to turn things around which is why he couldn't just veto it, he was making some deals. He wanted to do infrastructure before the dems did. This country is not going in the direction of libertarian, we probably only have maybe 1-3 Senators who would go along with a spending proposal that includes large cuts to pretty much everything in government.

However after his initial goals, which were all hindered by Russia, impeachment and COVID, I believe Trump would have come down hard on spending. Don't believe me? Well, I was one of the people here laughed at for saying that after Trump took care of ISIS, which was a mess Obama created and funded, and Trump felt was our responsibility to clean up, that he would have pulled our troops home. Or at least tried. And he did. So...

he could have done lots of things that I would have respected. But alas, he was a conman.
    He did do a lot of things you respected. He cut massive regulations, lowered taxes and tried to get us out of the middle east. The only people he was trying to "con" were the elite establishment.
    Last edited by dannno; 05-17-2021 at 11:14 AM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Pulling all troops from around the world is going to meet a lot of resistance from a military strategy standpoint . Pulling troops from Afghanistan , Iraq , Africa , South Korea and the middle east should not really meet resistance and if it does there is a problem.
    Do something Danke

I started questioning my current views on Trump after I saw that report. Just when you think you've figured Trump out...

So if this reporting is factual, there was some sort of 'rebellion' and a sitting Prez & Commander-in-Chief's orders were disobeyed?

If so, who is/are the supreme leaders who are in reality the final deciders and can supercede orders of a sitting POTUS & C-in-C?

Not looking for scapegoating cartoons or memes based answer, serious plain answer if anyone has full grasp of the situation.