Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You will eat bugs, and you will be happy

You will eat bugs, and you will be happy

I derailed another thread with this stuff, but I keep coming across these things.

So I'm starting this thread for them (and copying over my posts from that other thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You will also be required to allow us to decide how much electricity you will be permitted to use - and when you will be permitted to use it.

But do not fear, comrade! We will limit ourselves to just making you "eat a cold dinner here and there."

We promise ...

To Save the Climate, Give Up the Demand for Constant Electricity
    https://bostonreview.net/science-nat...nt-electricity
    David McDermott Hughes (05 October 2020)

[...] For a while, let’s eat a cold dinner here and there. [...]
    "You will eat bugs, and you will be happy."

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1349595955985846278
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:41 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bear Grylls probably has some good recipes
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

[...] For a while, let’s eat a cold dinner here and there. [...]

https://twitter.com/KatieDaviscourt/...40732456075265

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:42 PM. Reason: replaced tweets with images

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/...14723603124229
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:43 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

"... it may not be a question of choice."

You will eat bugs, and you will be happy.

https://twitter.com/BridgetPhetasy/s...77922421653512
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:44 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1393912538925047809
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:45 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

All part of the plan.

The global tyrants will slowly reduce your standard of living, through a million differing ways, from cutting off or cutting back on abundant energy, to arts and beauty, (every wonder why music sounds like $#@! and art looks like $#@! today?) to the very joy of creating your own offspring, through birth controls and genetic dead ends of weirdosexual perversions of all sorts.

The point is to make life so dank, so insufferable, so miserable, that you won't kick up too much of a fuss when they decide to pull the plug and genocide some 8 billion of us with man made virus.

This is a level of control above what the Neo-Jacobins and Pseudo Marxists are "fighting for".

Comrade Jim Jones on a global scale.

And the people that should be actively seeking out and exterminating these vipers, before they can act, sit on their hands and do nothing.

That's us, in case you didn't guess.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The global tyrants will slowly reduce your standard of living, through a million differing ways, from cutting off or cutting back on abundant energy, to arts and beauty, (every wonder why music sounds like $#@! and art looks like $#@! today?) to the very joy of creating your own offspring, through birth controls and genetic dead ends of weirdosexual perversions of all sorts.
    But will Netflix still work?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    But will Netflix still work?
    Absolutely.

That $#@! is like mainlining nihilistic world weary self poisoning.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

https://twitter.com/fox5dc/status/1394672881779548168
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:46 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

Shrimp and lobster are just sea bugs. People seem to like them.

lobsters were routinely fed to prisoners, apprentices, slaves and children during the colonial era and beyond. In Massachusetts, some servants allegedly sought to avoid lobster-heavy diets by including stipulations in their contracts that they would only be served the shellfish twice a week.
    https://www.history.com/news/a-taste-of-lobster-history
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-18-2021 at 09:18 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:47 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

I eat bug and worm protein all the time. My chickens eat the bugs in my yard and then give me delicious eggs made from the bugs.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:48 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

LOL owe you more reps.

The only bug this dude's gonna eat are lobsters out the ocean ;-)

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

We aren't ruled by reptilians.

We're ruled by Ferenghi.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...because it has to do with eating and gross, and why not....

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Bat-eating spiders are everywhere, study finds

There's only one place in the world to escape bat-catching spiders: Antarctica. These arachnids ensnare and pounce on bats everywhere else in the world, researchers say...
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

The Economist is going hard in the paint with a thirteen-tweet thread on the urgent need for a "wholesale reimagining of the food system".

https://twitter.com/TheEconomist/sta...98928142815236

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:49 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

"You will eat bugs, and you will be happy"

Things that older siblings say to younger siblings

Family Life for $400 Alex
    Last edited by tebowlives; 10-09-2021 at 12:13 PM.

This guy definitely gives off "I bathe in children's blood" vibes. Bet he sleep in a coffin too instead of a bed.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I would say this whole eating bugs thing is silly and would never happen in 100 years

But something tells me I'd lose that bet
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I would say this whole eating bugs thing is silly and would never happen in 100 years

But something tells me I'd lose that bet
    I'll eat mud-bugs as often as I can, see pic above...

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:51 PM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/s...79124966301707

// tweet no longer available
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 02-22-2022 at 10:51 PM.

Buts are just a step along the road to the true goal ... Soylent Green.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Buts are just a step along the road to the true goal ... Soylent Green.
    I dunno could be good
    - Kim Kardashian

The only thing that will be eating bugs is the birds eating the maggots off the pile of corpses of people who thought it would be a good idea to try to make me eat bugs.

All I need in life is Steak and Netflix. Don't $#@! with that and I'm a happy camper
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast