Thread: Scientists admit using fear for "totalitarian" behavior control

Scientists admit using fear for "totalitarian" behavior control

I'm sure this won't surprise many people here.

And as far as I'm concerned, they can file their "regrets" under "apologies not accepted, $#@!s!"

The full story is behind a subscription wall, but the pic below has a little bit more.

Use of fear to control behaviour in Covid crisis was ‘totalitarian’, admit scientists
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...haviour-covid/
    Gordon Rayner (14 May 2021)

Members of Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviour express regret about ‘unethical’ methods

[photo w/caption: One scientist said the Government "was very worried about compliance and they thought people wouldn’t want to be locked down"]

Scientists on a committee that encouraged the use of fear to control people’s behaviour during the Covid pandemic have admitted its work was “unethical” and “totalitarian”.

[...]

https://twitter.com/HegKong/status/1393966857770655748

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-16-2021 at 03:29 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @miss_anthrop75 on "hypnotherapeutic and neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) techniques employed by the state & media"

Hypnotherapists have been noticing blatant hypnosis and NLP techniques (for example, the Milton Model: Hypnotic Language Patterns) being used by the government and state-controlled media during the pandemic. (1)

Fractionation: You get them to do something not once, but again and again, increasing the level of intensity each time. Usually you do this 3 times (note: we’ve have 3 lockdowns). This increases compliance - you're much more likely to get them to do whatever you want (2)

A 'Yes' set: Get them to say 'Yes' to something small at first (2 weeks to "flatten the curve") then gradually increase (months of lockdown, Christmas cancelled, socially/economically coerced into vaccines). In this way they're much more likely to keep saying yes (3)

Confusion: Keep them in a constant state of uncertainty. The conscious mind responds by 'going offline' as it searches for the appropriate response for something it has no precedent for. Then it's much easier for the manipulator to gain access to the unconscious mind... (4)

... and change belief systems. For example, lockdown rules are changing on practically a day-to-day basis; we're living in a world we've never lived in before, everyone's stumbling about with no idea how to behave. We've no energy left to fight our oppressors (5)

Repetition: Repeat the same information over and over (see any newspaper / TV news for evidence of this!) (6)

Illusion of Choice: Make them believe they're in control by giving them 2 choices, both of which lead to the same result. For example, 'Do you want the Pfeizer or the Oxford?' or 'You can choose to be good or bad. Bad = more lockdown. Good = more lockdown.' (7)

"Social Proof": Images and videos of film and TV stars, musicians and sportsmen and women receiving their jab. “Look, all these great celebrities are backing it!" (8)

"Scarcity": “You'll have to wait your turn for the vaccine... we might be running out!", to create a surge in people booking in for their jab, thus increasing uptake (9).

Report: Government Scientific Advisors Admit They Used ‘Totalitarian’ Fear Tactics To Control People During Pandemic
    https://summit.news/2021/05/17/repor...ring-pandemic/
    Steve Watson (17 May 2021)

“The way we have used fear is dystopian”

Scientists in the UK working as advisors for the government have expressed regret for using what they now admit to be “unethical” and “totalitarian” methods of instilling fear in the population in order to control behaviour during the pandemic, according to a report.

The London Telegraph reports the comments made by Members of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviour (SPI-B), a sub-committee of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) the government’s chief scientific advisory group.

The report quotes a briefing from March 2020, as the first lockdown was decreed, that stated the government should drastically increase “the perceived level of personal threat” that the virus poses because “a substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened”.

One scientist with the SPI-B admits that “In March [2020] the Government was very worried about compliance and they thought people wouldn’t want to be locked down. There were discussions about fear being needed to encourage compliance, and decisions were made about how to ramp up the fear.”

The unnamed scientist adds that “The way we have used fear is dystopian.”

The scientist further confessed that “The use of fear has definitely been ethically questionable. It’s been like a weird experiment. Ultimately, it backfired because people became too scared.”

Another separate scientist on the subcommittee professed “You could call psychology ‘mind control’. That’s what we do… clearly we try and go about it in a positive way, but it has been used nefariously in the past.”

Another scientist warned that “We have to be very careful about the authoritarianism that is creeping in,” adding “people use the pandemic to grab power and drive through things that wouldn’t happen otherwise.”

According to the report, another researcher with the group acknowledged that “Without a vaccine, psychology is your main weapon,” adding that “Psychology has had a really good epidemic, actually.”

Yet another scientist on the subcommittee stated that they have been “stunned by the weaponisation of behavioural psychology” over the past year, and warned that “psychologists didn’t seem to notice when it stopped being altruistic and became manipulative.”

“They have too much power and it intoxicates them”, the scientist further warned.

[... FULL ARTICLE AT LINK: https://summit.news/2021/05/17/repor...ring-pandemic/ ...]

If you are using fear to try and control a not so overly intelligent population you are not a scientist . Maybe never a scientist. More likely one of Satans minions than a scientist.
    Do something Danke

Incorrect. I was actually surprised by this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If you are using fear to try and control a not so overly intelligent population you are not a scientist . Maybe never a scientist. More likely one of Satans minions than a scientist.
    One might argue that they are scientists who are experimenting on the population. Of course that would be science without ethics.

But the utter lack of any controls to their experiments would make it junk science.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    ...Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviour (SPI-B), a sub-committee of the Second Foundation Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) the government’s chief scientific advisory group....
    Fixed that for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Asimov's Foundation books reflected the blueprints for much of what happens politically in the world today. No doubt it was what Asimov was exposed to at the time. The long term plans were being discussed. Some of the points:

- A galactic empire is desirable (analogy for global empire).
    - Manipulate and control others via false religion (co-opt and twist religion).
    - Manipulate and control via "trade" (analogy for today's global trade agreements, global banking, economic hitmen, etc.).
    - This rule to be managed by an elite "in the know" group. (Analogy, top ten percent, First Foundation leaders).
    - The whole thing is controlled by an even more elite and secret group, who are master manipulators (Second Foundation).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

again?
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I object to the fact that the label that article and its headline chose for those people was "scientists."

They may have credentials in scientific fields. But that's not what their occupations in the government were. Call them bureaucrats or propagandists.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Fixed that for them...
    As I recall, Paul Krugman has acknowledged that he's a big fan of Asimov's notion of "psychohistory".

As far as I know, though, for Asimov it was never anything more than an interesting plot device to be used for telling dramatic stories on a sweeping scale.

I suspect Krugman actually indulges the fancy that sufficiently large human populations really could be treated like collections of gas molecules.

Psyop

Psychological manipulation is a damn science.

or a Damned science.

and the Mad Scientists have been given free run.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    As I recall, Paul Krugman has acknowledged that he's a big fan of Asimov's notion of "psychohistory".

As far as I know, though, for Asimov it was never anything more than an interesting plot device to be used for telling dramatic stories on a sweeping scale.

I suspect Krugman actually indulges the fancy that sufficiently large human populations really could be treated like collections of gas molecules.
    As I said before, it probably reflects the ideas that Asimov was exposed to as a youngster. Marxist globalism never took a break, it just metastasized.