Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Liz Cheney Voted Out Of GOP Leadership Position

Thumbs up Liz Cheney Voted Out Of GOP Leadership Position

Last edited by Sammy; 05-12-2021 at 09:27 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, the left is actually supporting Cheney in this.

Strange bedfellows indeed. There are some actively calling for her to leave the party and become a democrat, now that she has seen the light.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Good. Let them all eat each other alive.

Dick, family, Halliburton. GTFO.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Strange bedfellows indeed. There are some actively calling for her to leave the party and become a democrat, now that she has seen the light.
    I hope Liz Cheney joins the Squad.

C-YA
    L8R
    BIT CH
    VADER!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Credit should be given to Trump when he does something good.
    Good development.

At the same time this happening almost 20 years after Iraqi freedom war blunder shows acute slowmness of corrective actions by 'party of small minds' aka GOP-neocons wing. And they wonder why party is disintegrating into a directionless mess of confusion and infighting at this stage.

ETA:
    But on a different note:

Progressives on the rise: Liz Cheney replacement Elise Stefanik is a Climate Change believer

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

All of the Sunday Morning propaganda shows (ABC, NBC, CNN, Fox, etc.) spent a lot of time defending Cheney and attacking Trump last Sunday. Even the "news" story in the OP made it all about Trump.

The neocon establishment did everything it could to help her. The GOP since Trump has become more aware of neocons and their essential RINO-left loyalties.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    All of the Sunday Morning propaganda shows (ABC, NBC, CNN, Fox, etc.) spent a lot of time defending Cheney and attacking Trump last Sunday. Even the "news" story in the OP made it all about Trump.
    Trump, the most dangerous president in history.

I [we] still activate daily out and about in public and still attend meetings at the restaurants where others are free to join.

Anytime I speak negatively about Trump, I am told that he is no longer in office and I keep bringing up a dead issue. Conversely, people around me bring Trump up, speaking only positive things about him and want to do everything they can to see him run in 2024.

The neocon establishment did everything it could to help her. The GOP since Trump has become more aware of neocons and their essential RINO-left loyalties.

Outside of "newz" channels, I wholeheartedly disagree. I speak to actual people, not commentators. The "R's" in W. PA and E. Ohio may speak negatively about some of the neocons who are well known to be neocons, and ones who Trump openly outted. But all-in-all, they transitioned their support from the War Complex to the Pharm Complex. They believe Trump did a "miraculous" thing by reducing regulations while at the same time ignoring every aspect of him giving the pharm/biotech corporations billions and trillions of tax payer dollars [Fascism]. Look where we are.

Until either Trump is known for his actual Record, or completely forgotten about and never mentioned again, it is critical to keep pounding the truth, hoping to wake people up out of their complete and utter stupor that the "R" party and Trump are "advocates of liberty" which they clearly are NOT.

Yeah, right, Fascist/Commie Ohio Governor Mike DeWine (R) is a "truly great Republican!". Which is what I constantly hear every time I set foot over in Ohio.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Trump, the most dangerous president in history.
    Have you considered becoming a CNN correspondent?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    You are considering joining Liz on the left? Wait…no need… you support “sent by God”. One and the same.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Another positive effect of Trump.

This is a significant shift of the GOP away from Neocons and I applaud it.

Liberals now cheer for McCain, Romney and Cheney and wring their hands and moan about the GOP moving the wrong way.

I want the GOP to be less liberal and this is a good day!

The Republican party is still a big mess but these little steps help in my opinion.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Cheney's voting record is as conservative, if not moreso, than that of the lady who's replacing her. But she dared to refuse to kowtow to the Narcissist-in-Chief and embrace his lies about the election, so she had to go.

It appears that a majority of the GOP in Congress feels that getting reelected and cultivating a cult of personality are more important than principle.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Cheney's voting record is as conservative, if not moreso, than that of the lady who's replacing her.
    Even if that's true, it's Liz Cheney.

What we want is to not have people that close to the establishment in power.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dannno again
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Cheney's replacement is Elise Stefanik.

The John Birch Society's Freedom Index all-time score for Cheney is 61%. For Stefanik it's 39"%.
    https://justfacts.votesmart.org/inte...7/rating/11445

FreedomWorks score for Cheney in 2020 was 53, and for Stefanik it was 37.
    https://www.freedomworks.org/content...ouse-scorecard

The Club for Growth gives Cheney a lifetime score of 65, and Stefanik 35.
    https://www.clubforgrowth.org/scorec...09/Liz-Cheney/
    https://www.clubforgrowth.org/scorec...lise-Stefanik/

Heritage Foundation gives Cheney a lifetime score of 80 and Stefanik 48.
    https://heritageaction.com/scorecard...rs/C001109/117
    https://heritageaction.com/scorecard...rs/S001196/117

Stefanik's scores with the National Taxpayer's Union over the years range between 45 and 68, while Cheney's range from 59 to 80.
    https://www.ntu.org/ratecongress/leg...elise-stefanik
    https://www.ntu.org/ratecongress/legislator/liz-cheney

I see nothing to cheer for here.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What we want is to not have people that close to the establishment in power.
    It was the establishment that ousted her and replaced her with Stefanik.

I don't support Cheney. But in this case it was precisely her refusal to go along with the GOP establishment that resulted in her punishment.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    This is a significant shift of the GOP away from Neocons
    Do you know of any evidence to support this claim?

Because that's not what this looks like to me:
    https://stefanik.house.gov/issues/na...eign-relations
    Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dannno again
    Statism/Fascism is a hard habit to break. How many more shots are you planning to get? lol

Statism/Fascism is a hard habit to break. How many more shots are you planning to get? lol
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PAF again."
    Ron Paul

Good riddance. She's a total disgrace just like her father.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

What position of Leadership and how'd she come by that ??
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    This is a significant shift of the GOP away from Neocons
    Is it?

It's not a rejection of her policies or her politics. It has nothing to do with ideology.

Seems more like identity politics than anything else to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Is it?

It's not a rejection of her policies or her politics. It has nothing to do with ideology.

I agree. I wish they would have kicked her out for being a warmonger-- years ago.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is it?

I think you're right. But if her policies do have anything to do with it, then the message is clear: She is not progressive enough to hold GOP leadership.
    Ron Paul

Liberal Democrats are among those whining the loudest about Cheney's ouster. [insert Carlin's "it's a big club" bit here]

Here's one of the more preposterously absurd examples:

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...82025891225611
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

my fourth one is scheduled for tomorrow
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Who else wants to join the Liz Cheney for President club?

Liz Cheney won’t be speaker but she could be president

When Congresswoman Liz Cheney (R-WY) loses her leadership post in the House of Representatives, as she is likely to do this week, the door to becoming the first female Republican speaker will have closed. But another has opened. She may have started down a path to being the first woman Republican president.
    Cheney has boldly staked out leadership of the post-Trump Republican party. She’s a real conservative—Democrats who like her opposition to Trump will never like her politics. Freed of the need to play internal House politics she can now go about the process of building a post-Trump Republican party. Breaking with your party is a bold move. But Bill Clinton led the “New Democrats” in 1992 and became president for two terms. Liz Cheney has set herself up for the job.
    More: https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...-be-president/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Trump obsession aside, Cheney is at odds with some elements in the GOP, including Rand Paul.

Some examples:

- Cheney attacks anyone who suggests leaving Afghanistan.
    - Cheney attacks anyone who questions the integrity of the vote. In Cheney’s world, everything is great and no vote fraud of any kind has ever existed. The COVID excuse to illegally change election law is just fine.
    - Cheney is an unabashed globalist. In this, she has more in common with the Biden Administration than many in the GOP.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-12-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Narcissist-in-Chief...his lies about the election...
    What lies?
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast