Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Colonial Pipeline Hacked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Colonial Pipeline Hacked

May 9, 2021

President Joe Biden was briefed on the incident Saturday morning and the federal government is working to avoid supply disruptions, according to a White House spokesperson.

“The federal government is working actively to assess the implications of this incident, avoid disruption to supply, and help the company restore pipeline operations as quickly as possible,” the spokesperson said.

Colonial operates the largest refined products pipeline in the U.S., transporting 100 million gallons or 2.5 million barrels per day, according to its website. Refined products include gas, diesel, home heating oil and jet fuel. The pipeline also supplies the U.S. military.

Colonial’s system spans over 5,500 miles between Texas and New Jersey, connecting refineries on the Gulf Coast to more than 50 million people in the southern and eastern U.S., according to the company.

Colonial Pipeline is privately held by five entities: CDPQ Colonial Partners, IFM (U.S.) Colonial Pipeline 2, KKR-Keats Pipeline Investors, Koch Capital Investments Company, and Shell Midstream Operating.

Federal response

The Biden administration in April announced a 100-day plan to protect the country’s electric system supply chain from cyberattacks amid growing concerns over how vulnerable the U.S. power supply is to cyber threats.

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, which oversees interstate pipelines, said it is aware of the cyberattack and is monitoring the situation.

Full article:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/08/colo...berattack.html

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Speculation: Cyber Polygon getting a head start?

From “Event 201” to “Cyber Polygon”: The WEF’s Simulation of a Coming “Cyber Pandemic”

Is it time to nationalize/globalize everything on earth???

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Is it time to nationalize/globalize everything on earth???
    I'm quite sure the central planning globalists and Marxists think so.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

This was planned for months. I've got a heads up as long as 8 weeks ago, then again just last week I saw a public message
    on one of the boards saying it would happen, 4 days before it did.

They do it for a number of reasons. It's an inside job.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This was planned for months. I've got a heads up as long as 8 weeks ago, then again just last week I saw a public message
    on one of the boards saying it would happen, 4 days before it did.

They do it for a number of reasons. It's an inside job.
    So you're in tight with the terrorist responsible?

Reported.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    So you're in tight with the terrorist responsible?

Reported.
    Dude. I'm talking about workers and truckers.

They ALL KNEW ahead of time.

still running Critical systems on the most Insecure Crap Operating System on the planet.

script kiddies can crash that $#@!.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Rising gas prices not due to Biden admin. policies. It's those damned hackers, dontcha know?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Rising gas prices not due to Biden admin. policies. It's those damned hackers, dontcha know?
    That don't help..

and I suspect Collusion,, but ask Hunter.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Blaming price inflation on hackers and shortages is definitely in vogue these days. Whatever it is, it is most definitely not money printing and the dollar being dropped as global reserve currency. It's definitely not that. Don't ever look at bankers as the root cause. They're caught off-guard by all this as much as we are, for sure.

Last year, the World Economic Forum teamed up with the Russian government and global banks to run a high-profile cyberattack simulation that targeted the financial industry, an actual event that would pave the way for a “reset” of the global economy. The simulation, named Cyber Polygon, may have been more than a typical planning exercise and bears similarities to the WEF-sponsored pandemic simulation Event 201 that briefly preceded the COVID-19 crisis.

The exercise comes several months after the WEF, the “international organization for public-private cooperation” that counts the world’s richest elite among its members, formally announced its movement for a Great Reset, which would involve the coordinated transition to a Fourth Industrial Revolution global economy in which human workers become increasingly irrelevant. This revolution, including its biggest proponent, WEF founder Klaus Schwab, has previously presented a major problem for WEF members and member organizations in terms of what will happen to the masses of people left unemployed by the increasing automation and digitalization in the workplace.

Continue to article:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...er-Pandemic%94
    I haven't read through all of your links but I assume you know that another Cyber Polygon exercise is scheduled for July 9th 2021.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-11-2021 at 12:53 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Biden just visited Jimmy Carter. Now we have long gas lines. Coincidence?

Don't you agree that it's odd that current US president Joe Biden and First Lady Jill look like giants compared to former President Carter and wife Rosalynn.
    Without masks!
    Biden-being-greenscreened
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Don't you agree that it's odd that current US president Joe Biden and First Lady Jill look like giants compared to former President Carter and wife Rosalynn.
    Without masks!
    Biden-being-greenscreened
    The photog used the wrong lens. If not then Carter IS Bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I haven't read through all of your links but I assume you know that another Cyber Polygon exercise is scheduled for July 9th 2021.
    Yes, but thanks for the reminder for the community, @devil21. I have several threads/posts, and have suggested that the advertised July 9 date might take place sooner, as in, now, due to events that appear to be unfolding.

Yes, but thanks for the reminder for the community, @devil21. I have several threads/posts, and have suggested that the advertised July 9 date might take place sooner, as in, now, due to events that appear to be unfolding.
    Definitely feasible, given that CP has had plenty of alt-media coverage, plus the circulation of that very disturbing info about the Debt Reset Program timeline, apparently leaked by a Canadian member of Parliament in Oct last year. That timeline sure has tracked closely to unfolding events. Too much exposure either leads to abandoning plans or fast-tracking them...
    (PM me if you haven't seen the Canadian info, I'll send the text to you)

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Can anyone explain why gas pipeline controls have to be connected to the internet?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Can anyone explain why gas pipeline controls have to be connected to the internet?
    How else would the staff watch netflix from the control computers?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Nope.

Nope.
    Yep.

How else could they implement Post #2?

Plus what TheTexan said in Post #9.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Certainly, they don't have to, it's just cost effective to do it. Consider that a pipeline network has lots of control points and systems monitored needs to maintain operations. Your options are to either have someone stationed at each point (very expensive) or use technology for remote monitoring / control and only send people into the field when there is a need (maintenance, inspections, repairs, etc.)

Of course if you go the tech route you have to cover your cyber security needs.... not done here.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Have they given a full detail of the attack? Drop USBs around an office building and even non connected machines can get a ransomware from idiots seeing what they found.
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Have they given a full detail of the attack? Drop USBs around an office building and even non connected machines can get a ransomware from idiots seeing what they found.
    Only because they run an Operating System that allows that $#@!.

Bill Gates again. the Virus King.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    It's a bunch of bs, man. There's no shadowy hacker group doing it from afar. The largest shareholder of Colonial is a WEF "Great Reset" member. This hacking narrative is a social engineering operation to incorporate inflation under false pretenses and "highlight the need to change" whatever Agenda 2030 is slated to change. Also create a reason for more ginormous spending like infrastructure bills. Expect lots of things to be disrupted by "hackers" in the near future. That's the point of the Cyber Polygon exercise that PAF and I have been posting in this thread about.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's a bunch of bs, man. There's no shadowy hacker group doing it from afar. The largest shareholder of Colonial is a WEF "Great Reset" member. This hacking narrative is a social engineering operation to incorporate inflation under false pretenses and "highlight the need to change" whatever Agenda 2030 is slated to change. Also create a reason for more ginormous spending like infrastructure bills. Expect lots of things to be disrupted by "hackers" in the near future. That's the point of the Cyber Polygon exercise that PAF and I have been posting in this thread about.
    I am sure you are aware, but this is for other readers of the forum:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...he-Great-Reset

Hope it helps.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hope it helps.
    Today, Mayor Pete is right on cue calling for changes to cybersecurity, dependence on fossil fuels and the need for infrastructure spending. Good thing A2030 calls for all those things. What a coincidence!

Hope it helps.
    A just released Blackrock report says that geopolitics is being ignored too much by markets right now. The #2 concern that Blackrock listed? A major cyberattack

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/mark...-tensions.html
    Last edited by devil21; 05-25-2021 at 09:54 AM.

I remember someone from a US government agency (don't remember which one) laughing at Russians running primitive computers with punch cards running some critical infrastructure. The Russians laughed it off, saying good luck remotely hacking our punch cards.

I remember someone from a US government agency (don't remember which one) laughing at Russians running primitive computers with punch cards running some critical infrastructure. The Russians laughed it off, saying good luck remotely hacking our punch cards.
    Which brings a point of clarification to mind…

I don’t mind technology at all and believe it can advance for the better. My beef is public-private ventures and multi-lateral agreements, which I referenced in another thread. Government is supposed to protect our freedoms, not collude and violate them on the tax payer dime. In a true free-market, the people would decide with their dollars winners and losers, not special interest/government.

I live in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. A lot of our gas stations are closed and traffic is backed up because there are lines extending into the roads from the few gas stations who are opened.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I live in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. A lot of our gas stations are closed and traffic is backed up because there are lines extending into the roads from the few gas stations who are opened.
    Yeah, it's getting that way in middle GA. We went to top off the tanks tonight and just beat the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Who trusts the FBI anymore? Just sayin...
    Maybe if they weren't so busy investigating political opposition they could focus on these kinds of cyber-attacks. (I know I know, it isn't their purpose)
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast