Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amash: Libertarians and progressives can be great allies...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Oh come on - no need to fracture any further on this. One side is open to trying to make overtures while the other is not. Both have legitimate concerns and reasons. The beautiful thing about liberty is that it allows all views.
    Communism is a conspiracy to deprive rights, steal property and kill under the color of law and should be treated as such.
    AOC and her ilk should be rotting in prison.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    These threads are great! You get to watch Trumpers say that Progressives and Libertarians can't be friends. Then on other threads you get to watch Progressives say Trumpers and Libertarians can't be friends.

*And yes I know there are a lot more than those two groups on this forum, but limiting it to those two groups gets my point across.
    The Trumpers are right, progressives are always wrong.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Amash: Libertarians and progressives can be great allies...

Libertarian-Progressive (say Rand Paul-Trump (any) or Amash-some Kucinich minded progressive) 2024 or 2028 can be an interesting ticket.

Now while he's right on this, Justin should have been bit more tactful/diplomatic in tackling and finding middle ground with a recent globalist neocons/ziocons funded imperfect progressive who some used to refer to as 'Dump'. Hopefully he's sharpened his political skills since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    AF made some pretty specific claims, and when asked to support them with examples, he wasn't able to find any.
    Here is the former director of the CIA openly saying that you will be "rooted out" of the body politic of the United States:

John Brennan: I know… the members of the Biden team who have been nominated or have been appointed are now moving in laser light fashion to try to uncover as much as they can about what looks very similar to insurgency movements we’ve seen overseas.

Where they germinate in different parts of the country and they gain strength, and it brings together an unholy alliance frequently of religious extremists, authoritarians, fascists, bigots, racists, nativists, even libertarians.

And unfortunately, I think there has been this momentum that has been generated unfortunately I think of the demagogue of rhetoric of people that’s just departed government but also those who continue in the halls of Congress.

So I really do think that the law enforcement, homeland security, intelligence and even the defense officials are doing everything possible to root out what seems to be a very, very serious, and insidious threat to our democracy and our republic.

Do you understand what happens to people in nations suffering through Marxist revolution when "rooting out" and "deprogramming" fail to achieve universal allegiance to the new regime's program?

Genocide, death camps and mass graves.

I fail to understand why you would ignore these clear warnings...maybe you're scared.

What you are doing is worse, in my mind, than re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic...you're in top hat and tails convincing people to stay out of those dinky little lifeboats: that all is well and the conspiracy the ship is sinking is all nonsense.

As the bow slips below the icy waters of the North Atlantic...
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-07-2021 at 08:37 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by PAF; 05-07-2021 at 09:37 PM.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

https://twitter.com/justinamash/stat...09389082910725

So out of all the people in this world to invite--he invites Cortez. Sounds like he has a crush on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Maybe he can walk her home from school and carry her ipad.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

https://twitter.com/ComicDaveSmith/s...93843989942276

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Which is why Ron should not have been as close to him as he was.
    Working with him on specific policies was good, befriending him and putting him in his organization was not.
    That's kind of harsh. Besides, I think they were already friends well before Ron invited him into the 3rd-party coalition. Same with Ralph Nader.

But, an earth-rumbling coalition to throw our bodies into the gears of the machine, it was not.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Maybe he can walk her home from school and carry her ipad.

I will say I kind of agree with AOC on this. The base salary for being in Congress is $174k. If you have to maintain residencies in NY and DC and pay student loans, you are definitely not getting rich.

Of all the attacks on people in Congress, saying they make too much doesn't seem great.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Trumper websites (like the one in OP) will bash and attempt to throw out of office ANY conservative or liberty-minded candidate
    that does not 1000% endorse and hail the Trumper.

That's all this is about. Amash is "disgraced" because of his refusal to brown nose Trump.

It's just going to get worse because the effort to shut down any opposition to Trump 2024 ( followed by Trump Jr., Ivanka, Eric, Lara Trump, etc)
    is a very real, carefully concealed Israeli plot to take over the U.S. permanently.

The fact that Amash is a Christian Palestinian only makes Castle Trumpenstein bar Kushner hate him more.
    Last edited by Snowball; 05-08-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    While Trump opposed the constitution, funded Globalists and Operation Warp Speed, and amassed the largest astronomical debt in history and given passes for it, Amash’s Freedom Index Score remained up in the 90 percentile.

Like Ron Paul has said, find ways to change the hearts and minds of the American People. AOC is well liked among the left, maybe Justin can find in-roads to help turn them around, rather than continue the great divide reset.

But, passes galore to Trump the NYLib, while throwing Justin completely under the buss, seems the popular thing to do. Because Statists can not stand or tolerate for liberty to thrive.
    Some of the things I dislike the most about Trump and like the most about Trump can be categorized as "progressive."

I'll start with the progressive things I like about Trump.

* The First Step Act.
    * Money for HBCUs.
    * The Platinum Plan. (Sadly that one won't happen).

Progressive things I don't like about Trump.

* Bumpfire stock ban by executive order
    * Pushing for red flag laws
    * Saying before and after being elected president that he supports an assault weapons ban
    * His love of eminent domain
    * Operation "warp speed" on vaccines
    Last edited by jmdrake; 05-08-2021 at 08:14 AM.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Can't argue with that. But then, I'm on this rock once, and I'll be damned if I let others get me down, or stop me from living and having fun. Thus being an Agorist. It really works.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PAF again.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 05-08-2021 at 08:14 AM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Meh. Sounds like standard issue pablum - more dull and lame than anything else, and hardly worth getting one's knickers in a twist over. It's a pretty safe bet that there was absolutely nothing whatsoever in AOC's presentation to Amash's class that they hadn't already heard a million times before (and won't hear a million times more to come).

Much more interesting and worthy of comment is that Amash has had Michael Malice as a guest presenter to his class. Now there's someone who is far more likely to have said something actually worth hearing and thinking about - something that hadn't already been heard by the class a million times before (or even at all, for that matter).

If Amash wants to present interesting, thought-provoking perspectives from lefty types, he'd do better to invite people like Thaddeus Russell or Glenn Greenwald, rather than AOC. On the other hand, if merely promoting the nostrums of being "allies in the [cause of ...] better governance" is the objective, then I guess AOC is as good (or as bad) as anyone else for that purpose.
    As you know, a generation of young adults inspired by the great Dr. Ron Paul is rapidly gaining strength and popularity due to the overtly authoritarian political environment we’ve been pushed into recently.

Because of their understanding of true libertarian ideas, these liberty lovers have experienced exponential growth in audience and notoriety.

I worry that Amash will be a drag on the next wave of libertarian revolt as he seems to put undo faith in the very entity that is causing the problems (the state).

In my opinion, if he wants to help, he would be better suited to doing clerical legal work in the background and let the firebrands speak truth to power. He wasted much of his platform not being bombastic and has the potential to be a spoiler of sorts if he tries to run for president.

We need fighters now more than ever.

We will not be successful by trying to be accepted and playing a rigged game, speaking truth is the way.
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 05-08-2021 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    LOL at Leftarians.

The Great Evil Cheeto can roll back taxes, cut regulations, pull us out of corrupt UN agreements, remove us from economy destroying "climate" agreements, promote sound manufacturing, advance sound money people to the Fed board, hold the line on the 2nd amendment, rollback EPA fatwas so that I can still buy a gas powered car or truck or woodstove and not sign executive orders that have bankrupted me and put me out of work.

But even grudging support or acknowledgement of these facts gets an argument and eye rolls and accusations of secretly blowing Trump and "Trump Humping".

But I'm supposed to "reach across the aisle" and ally myself with the communists?

Have you people lost your ever $#@!ing minds?

Lenin had a name for people like that: "useful idiots".

Ya'll better internalize something real $#@!ing fast: the Marxist left wants you dead.

OK, you got that, DEAD...

Not politically dead, not metaphorically dead, but for real, rotting corpse in the mass grave, dead.

And they will say or do whatever it takes to achieve the power to accomplish that goal, including lying, bullshitting and obfuscating at levels the Great Evil Cheeto could only dream about.

Jesus Christ...ally myself with the $#@!ing Marxist mob...I'll retire to Bedlam first.
    LOL. It was a coalition that began with Rand Paul and leftist Cory Booker and culminated with "the Orange Cheetoh" that got us the first step act. That led to Van Jones going to CPAC and praising conservative republican governors for moving faster on criminal justice reform than anyone else. Then...2020 happened. I don't think praising Trump for doing things that are objectively good is Trump humping. Praising Trump for neoconservative acts like ending the Iran nuclear deal at the time Iran was being instrumental in defeating ISIS is Trump humping in my book. Same for doing mental gymnastics to try to explain why Trump acquiesed to William Barr's cover up of the murder of Jeffrey Epstein. Same for the mental gymnastics that says "It's okay that Trump totally violated the constitution by banning a gun accessory by executive order because the trustworthy conservatives on the Supreme Court, who went along with redefining the word 'sex' in the 1964 Civil Rights Act, will magically do the right thing on this." Same for the mental gymnastics that just ignores Trump supporting an assault weapons ban before and after being elected president. Same for the mental gymnastics that declares that Trump won in 2020 "by the biggest landslide in history" (obvious lie) and gets mad at anyone that says "There's no proof of that happening." Same for the mental gymnastics that tries to explain away Trump saying that maybe you could inject disinfectant to fight COVID-19 and comes up with explanations that even Trump never tried to use. (He was only talking about "light" or he was "talking about hydrogen peroxide" when Trump's later explanation was "I was just joking.")

But I get it. Somebody somewhere (I don't know who) called you a Trump humper for saying you like the tax cuts and the EPA rollback. FTR I don't consider you a Trump humper. And I've been falsely called a Trump fan by people I interact with of Farcebook, and people they have told that lie to, simply because I have a problem with Obama bombing a Doctors Without Borders hospital and realize that Obama, according to the PBS documentary Frontline, had kids in cages first. Go figure?

That said, I am surprised that you gave Trump credit for "holding the line on the 2nd amendment." How is that exactly? How is bringing the term "red flag law" to the national lexicon "holding the line?" And I already know you don't support his tactics on the bumpfire stock ban or telling Diane Feinstein that we should have an assault weapons ban.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 05-08-2021 at 08:15 AM.

You realize that's a psy-op right? The idea is to act like you're restricting the vaccine from one group or another in order to get both groups to demand the vaccine. For example, Jimmy Dore complaining that Bill Gates is keeping the vaccine from poor countries and that makes Bill Gates "bad."

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL. It was a coalition that began with Rand Paul and leftist Cory Booker and culminated with "the Orange Cheetoh" that got us the first step act. That led to Van Jones going to CPAC and praising conservative republican governors for moving faster on criminal justice reform than anyone else. Then...2020 happened. I don't think praising Trump for doing things that are objectively good is Trump humping. Praising Trump for neoconservative acts like ending the Iran nuclear deal at the time Iran was being instrumental in defeating ISIS is Trump humping in my book. Same for doing mental gymnastics to try to explain why Trump acquiesed to William Barr's cover up of the murder of Jeffrey Epstein. Same for the mental gymnastics that says "It's okay that Trump totally violated the constitution by banning a gun accessory by executive order because the trustworthy conservatives on the Supreme Court, who went along with redefining the word 'sex' in the 1964 Civil Rights Act, will magically do the right thing on this." Same for the mental gymnastics that just ignores Trump supporting an assault weapons ban before and after being elected president. Same for the mental gymnastics that declares that Trump won in 2020 "by the biggest landslide in history" (obvious lie) and gets mad at anyone that says "There's no proof of that happening." Same for the mental gymnastics that tries to explain away Trump saying that maybe you could inject disinfectant to fight COVID-19 and comes up with explanations that even Trump never tried to use. (He was only talking about "light" or he was "talking about hydrogen peroxide" when Trump's later explanation was "I was just joking.")

But I get it. Somebody somewhere (I don't know who) called you a Trump humper for saying you like the tax cuts and the EPA rollback. FTR I don't consider you a Trump humper. And I've been falsely called a Trump fan by people I interact with of Farcebook, and people they have told that lie to, simply because I have a problem with Obama bombing a Doctors Without Borders hospital and realize that Obama, according to the PBS documentary Frontline, had kids in cages first. Go figure?

That said, I am surprised that you gave Trump credit for "holding the line on the 2nd amendment." How is that exactly? How is bringing the term "red flag law" to the national lexicon "holding the line?" And I already know you don't support his tactics on the bumpfire stock ban or telling Diane Feinstein that we should have an assault weapons ban.
    I'll cede you the point on the second amendment. We got through four years of Trump, and some horrific shootings, with no substantial bans, that's about the bestthat could be hoped for I suppose.

And the Warp Speed nonsense may in fact bring about the Zombie Apocalypse.

My grouching is at the idea of "reaching across the aisle" to Marxist revolutionaries.

In my mind, I have not overstated the danger they pose to all of us.

If anything, I'm underplaying it.

I would not negotiate or compromise a nano-meter with these people.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll cede you the point on the second amendment. We got through four years of Trump, and some horrific shootings, with no substantial bans, that's about the bestthat could be hoped for I suppose.

And the Warp Speed nonsense may in fact bring about the Zombie Apocalypse.

My grouching is at the idea of "reaching across the aisle" to Marxist revolutionaries.

In my mind, I have not overstated the danger they pose to all of us.

If anything, I'm underplaying it.

I would not negotiate or compromise a nano-meter with these people.
    Even when you're reaching across the aisle to undo previous reaching across the aisle? The 1993 Crime Bill was done by a coalition of Bill Clinton and Joe Biden on the left and Newt Gingrich and Bob Dole on the right. It was undone by a coalition of Rand Paul and Donald Trump on the right and Corey Booker and Nancy Pelosi on the left. I only see positives there.

Amash can't reach across the aisle any more. He's not in office. He's just standing a Media Approved Prog up in front of some very bright students and using her to prove that the thing she wants to use to safeguard our rights is the very thing that's most likely to deny them by force.

And then she smiles and thanks him for it.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    What’s wrong with government schools teaching 4 year olds to differentiate by skin tone and identify the pale ones as evil?
    I know, right?

Much more interesting and worthy of comment is that Amash has had Michael Malice as a guest presenter to his class. Now there's someone who is far more likely to have said something actually worth hearing and thinking about - something that hadn't already been heard by the class a million times before (or even at all, for that matter).

If Amash wants to present interesting, thought-provoking perspectives from lefty types, he'd do better to invite people like Thaddeus Russell or Glenn Greenwald, rather than AOC. On the other hand, if merely promoting the nostrums of being "allies in the [cause of ...] better governance" is the objective, then I guess AOC is as good (or as bad) as anyone else for that purpose.
    https://twitter.com/ComicDaveSmith/s...93843989942276
    I’d have to guess that the people paying Amash have some limitations on who is acceptable as a guest...

I wonder if Ron Paul was considered? Is there a list anywhere of all of his guest speakers?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-08-2021 at 11:01 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

While Trump opposed the constitution, funded Globalists and Operation Warp Speed, and amassed the largest astronomical debt in history and given passes for it, Amash’s Freedom Index Score remained up in the 90 percentile.

Like Ron Paul has said, find ways to change the hearts and minds of the American People. AOC is well liked among the left, maybe Justin can find in-roads to help turn them around, rather than continue the great divide reset.

But, passes galore to Trump the NYLib, while throwing Justin completely under the buss, seems the popular thing to do. Because Statists can not stand or tolerate for liberty to thrive.
    Was there a reason to turn a thread about Amash into yet another thread about Trump?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Was there a reason to turn a thread about Amash into yet another thread about Trump?
    Yes, of course.

Waking people up to the truth is key. Sure, I can bite my tongue, not mention anything, drop it, forget it, while groups in my and other communities continue to rally and organize Trump ‘24 support.

YouTube isn’t doing enough???

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

It was already about Trump.

The one and only reason that people don't like Amash is because he didn't lick Trump's taint.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Here, it looks like Cortez is itching for The Civil War Part II. Instead of Sherman coming to burn my house down—Anifia can do it!

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amash's memoir should be fun. He might say, **Congress isn’t all work-work-work. My mistress was this Crazy Bitch. It never went anywhere, but it was one hell of a ride!**

Yes, of course.

Waking people up to the truth is key. Sure, I can bite my tongue, not mention anything, drop it, forget it, while groups in my and other communities continue to rally and organize Trump ‘24 support.

YouTube isn’t doing enough???
    Let’s try to stay on topic.

It was already about Trump.

The one and only reason that people don't like Amash is because he didn't lick Trump's taint.
    Ah, all roads lead to Trump.

Was Trump at the presentation with Amash and AOC? Rejecting extending invitations to one of the most infamous communists in Congress has nothing to do with Trump.

I don't care if Amash did this, he is free to do whatever he wants. More power to him, someone has to attempt to engage with the radical left, perhaps influence them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast