Thread: Watch: Man survives breech explosion on .50 rifle

Exclamation Watch: Man survives breech explosion on .50 rifle

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Brutal injuries. That seemed to be a minimal .50 cal rifle. If the tolerances were higher, perhaps it could have survived the hot load. Maybe not.

I’ve had the same problem with surplus ammo before. 7.62x54r was apparently loaded for aircraft machine gun. Luckily, Mosin-Nagants are built like tanks. But the case expanded such that you needed tools to extract.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Brutal injuries. That seemed to be a minimal .50 cal rifle. If the tolerances were higher, perhaps it could have survived the hot load. Maybe not.

I’ve had the same problem with surplus ammo before. 7.62x54r was apparently loaded for aircraft machine gun. Luckily, Mosin-Nagants are built like tanks. But the case expanded such that you needed tools to extract.
    If it doesn't feel right. If it doesn't shoot right. Don't shoot it.

Nice dubstep at the end.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If it doesn't feel right. If it doesn't shoot right. Don't shoot it.
    Yep.

I only fired one hot round. When it wouldn’t extract, no more. Saw some guy at the range who apparently got some of the same batch. He had a hammer and was hammering his bolt open after every shot.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Had to look up what he was referring to...a "SLAP" round.

Yeah, I could see one of them being loaded hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Had to look up what he was referring to...a "SLAP" round.

Yeah, I could see one of them being loaded hot.
    Designed for machine guns. Prohibited from being fired in M107. Known safety issues when fired from rifles.

Seems like bad idea ya. I wonder if it was a hot round, or if the plastic sabot bits began accumulating in the muzzle. It could explain the larger muzzle flash in the previous shot.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This guy is one lucky motherfucker.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Designed for machine guns. Prohibited from being fired in M107. Known safety issues when fired from rifles.

Seems like bad idea ya. I wonder if it was a hot round, or if the plastic sabot bits began accumulating in the muzzle. It could explain the larger muzzle flash in the previous shot.
    I've seen sabots come apart in shotgun slug loads to devastating effect.

I concur, I'd never be inclined to shoot one from a closed breech rifle, especially one with an "action" like this, which looks to me to be nothing more than a heavy duty "pipe" gun.