Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So... who has had it?

So... who has had it?

I've been off here for a while and missed whether anyone has had it. Share your stories please!

Mine's kinda long.

My church put some restrictions into place last year, and all during Lent we had a 10 person limit in services. We never had a mask mandate, and didn't do stupid stuff like cancelling communion, but we have had sanitizer in place for use and that's about it. We also opened the windows and people would stand right outside listening to the service and come in for communion.

We are far enough back in the woods that we never attracted attention. But then for Pascha (which was in mid-April last year), we had some good old fashioned spontaneous order, and everyone at the same time and without discussing it all showed up for Pascha liturgy at the same time. We never discussed it, it just kind of worked out that everyone at that point was like "Yeah, nah, this is over".

And then what happened was super interesting... word got out. And we started attracting other people from as far as 150 miles away. I'm not kidding... we have people from that far who are making the trip just to go to church and have a normal experience. We went from 10 max in March 2020, to an average Fall attendance of about 130-140. And this is in a building that's about 30x40'.

We all kind of knew we were going to get it eventually, but what we DIDN'T know is that we would go NINE MONTHS before we had an outbreak, despite creating literal superspreader events multiple times per week. And when we had one, well, the term I'd use to describe how it happened was "weaponized". We've dealt with other viruses there (there was another year we can compare to where everyone at church got a bad stomach bug) but those sicknesses spread the way you'd think - one family got it, then another, and the spread took a couple weeks to die down. COVID was literally like a bomb went off.

I didn't recognize that until after the fact. My wife came home from the homeschool co-op (which is also not doing any of the BS) at 4:30 pm one Friday back in January, and she unceremoniously said "I'm going to bed" and then didn't get back up until 11am. And at that point I started to feel a flu-like tingling on my back, and even though she said she was feeling a little better I still panicked and started cooking because we have kids that need attention and if I was going down, then everyone was at least going to have food.

So I spent the next six hours on my feet, and by the end I was feeling a little run down, but that's when I noticed I couldn't really tell if I seasoned the gumbo correctly. So I stopped dumping stuff into it and called it quits. And I felt mostly fine, and started pinging around asking people at church how they felt. Well church was cancelled for the next couple weeks, but I kept getting the same reports over and over - feeling a little run down, but fine.

Of the 50+ people who got symptoms, only one went to the hospital and I just saw him a couple weeks ago and he's doing fine. I didn't get to ask what happened with him.

Flash forward to last month, and I actually, finally know someone who's having a problem with covid - a monk in New York. He's diabetic, but more importantly, his mother just died, his sister is in the hospital, and before his mother died his brothers ran up her credit cards, and to top it all off, this guy normally does 3 hours EVERY DAY teaching zoom classes to people around the world on top of his regular schedule, and he's also a monk, so he owns nothing, too, and normally every last scrap he does get he sends back home to the Philippines. So he's got a ton of weight on his shoulders. And it seems like the New York medical system was pretty happy to swoop in and say "naw man you don't have depression and stress and burnout and all that, you're dying of covid".

So that's my personal experience and it all points to the idea that this was never a real thing. I'm pretty convinced that most or even all of the deaths that happened were nocebo effect caused by the scaremongering.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I had a mild cough a couple weeks ago. Pretty sure it was covid
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I have it right now. And I'm experiencing symptoms. Fever, chills, headache, cough and fatigue. Getting sick is part of life. I've been sick before and I'm not worried.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I have it right now. And I'm experiencing symptoms. Fever, chills, headache, cough and fatigue. Getting sick is part of life. I've been sick before and I'm not worried.
    Gee, it sorta sounds like the usual flu symptoms....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Gee, it sorta sounds like the usual flu symptoms....

That can't be, flu was eliminated last year.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Been there, done that...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Pretty sure I was exposed on Jan 24-25, came down with symptoms on Jan 27th (many people at the same event got sick, it was highly contagious). Major fatigue on 27th, mild cold-like symptoms for another 4 days. Some people had worse and longer symptoms.
    No one I know was hospitalized. Some people did go to the Doctor, but that was before they knew what COVID was. It was pretty much treated as a common cold or flu.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The hospitalization rate for covid is about 1-2%, so 1 in 50 being hospitalized makes sense. You have to realize, most Democrats think the hospitalization rate is in the 30-50% range because the media treats it that way. What is the average age of the people at your church? A regular slice of the population, or mostly older?

Most Democrats still believe that when COVID started, the death rate was about 4-6% like the media was reporting. They believe that the numbers went down because we found out how to treat it better.. but the hospitalization rate is not even that high, so it makes no sense. That 4-6% the case fatality rate they were reporting, and they were tricking people into thinking that if they got COVID, that was their chances of dying. On top of that, back then they had very few tests and so most people being tested were very sick.

The death rate for people over 75 is about 2-3%, which sounds high, and it is relatively high, but for people that old any time you get sick there is a chance that may push you over the edge if you are already close.

The death rate for very young people is less than the flu, however this is more contagious so more people are getting it.

COVID is worse than the flu for old people and those with comorbidities, plus it is more contagious.

One thing they also have you worry about is any longterm affects from COVID, which have been reported, but I don't know if we have any good data on how prevalent it really is.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    One thing they also have you worry about is any longterm affects from COVID, which have been reported, but I don't know if we have any good data on how prevalent it really is.
    Some people have reported a loss of taste.

Which may be why Cardi B stayed popular for so long.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One person who I have known all my life died in their 60's, slightly overweight but otherwise healthy. Not someone you'd expect to die from a flu. Became sick, and sicker. Then went on oxygen in the hospital, went into a coma, started to recover and died from an infection. All in all 2 weeks before going to the hospital, then 30 days in the hospital before death.

I also know of a few people who are otherwise very healthy who have had the virus and have had months to recover and get any kind of fitness back. I've seen someone who used to exercise at least an hour or two a day reduced to someone that after recovering from mild symptoms for a week was not able to get up a set of stairs without stopping to take his breath halfway in.

I know of one guy in his early thirties that was hospitalised in the first wave. He was on oxygen for a few days and then released. I have to say, there's a disproportionate number of younger people dying from this than normally in a flu season.. Although I have no statistics to back this up.

And I know of a few people who were old and sick and about to die who ended up as a covid statistic.

These are things that are more frequently seen with this SARS-CoV-2, so that's where I think it's slightly different from other yearly outbreaks of flue and the like. I think it's fair to say that it's not Ebola but it's from the numbers slightly more deadly than a regular flu would be when hospitals can cope. I think that basically shows it's about the same as a regular flu but can have outbreaks that can quickly hospitalise lots of people and that's the only place where it gets dangerous. Especially as regular care might be lowered or stopped completely, which could kill or hurt many more people...

That's my experience, I hope it's interesting.
    "I am a bird"

Just before this crap hit the News,, when the first 12 people died in an Old Folks Home,, we had a bug go through the house..
    It put my wife into Pneumonia,, and she was on O2 for a while.. Recovered from it fine.. And from a Bowel Blockage shortly after..

We were in the Ghost Town Empty Hospitals when the panic was full on. No Stacked Bodies, or crowded waiting rooms..

She just had a Kidney Stone Removed,, and the Hospital is almost back to normal..

Have family that has gotten Shots.. and am praying for them.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    One person who I have known all my life died in their 60's, slightly overweight but otherwise healthy. Not someone you'd expect to die from a flu. Became sick, and sicker. Then went on oxygen in the hospital, went into a coma, started to recover and died from an infection. All in all 2 weeks before going to the hospital, then 30 days in the hospital before death.

I also know of a few people who are otherwise very healthy who have had the virus and have had months to recover and get any kind of fitness back. I've seen someone who used to exercise at least an hour or two a day reduced to someone that after recovering from mild symptoms for a week was not able to get up a set of stairs without stopping to take his breath halfway in.

I know of one guy in his early thirties that was hospitalised in the first wave. He was on oxygen for a few days and then released. I have to say, there's a disproportionate number of younger people dying from this than normally in a flu season.. Although I have no statistics to back this up.

And I know of a few people who were old and sick and about to die who ended up as a covid statistic.

These are things that are more frequently seen with this SARS-CoV-2, so that's where I think it's slightly different from other yearly outbreaks of flue and the like. I think it's fair to say that it's not Ebola but it's from the numbers slightly more deadly than a regular flu would be when hospitals can cope. I think that basically shows it's about the same as a regular flu but can have outbreaks that can quickly hospitalise lots of people and that's the only place where it gets dangerous. Especially as regular care might be lowered or stopped completely, which could kill or hurt many more people...

That's my experience, I hope it's interesting.
    I’d add that the highly contagious nature of COVID made it spread easier and faster, thus hitting more people, and all at once, overwhelming some hospitals.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What is the average age of the people at your church? A regular slice of the population, or mostly older?
    We have a lot of younger folks (more than your average church I'd daresay) but it's a pretty regular cross section. And that includes an appropriate cross-section of comorbidities, too.

My grand children got it but none of the adults they are normally around got it. They had almost no symptoms. My step daughter's fiance died from it he was 33 years old. He was sick for a few days feeling pretty tough my daughter went to work while he was on the phone with his sister. As she arrived at work the phone was ringing it was his sister saying that he had passed out while on the phone and that she called an ambulance and told my daughter to go meet him at the hospital. When she arrived at the hospital they kept her away from him and would not tell her what was going on after about 20 minutes a doctor came out and told her he was dead.

BTW it is good to hear from you I hope you can hang around for a while now.

I’d add that the highly contagious nature of COVID made it spread easier and faster, thus hitting more people, and all at once, overwhelming some hospitals.
    That's more or less the conclusion I draw. Yes.
    "I am a bird"

I'm fairly sure I had it right at the beginning. I was traveling and everyone in the house got sick for a week after with coughs etc. We never got tested or anything, it wasn't that bad. My sister was traveling with me and her whole family came down with it at the same time too.

I had two uncles have it confirmed by testing, one passed away. He was older with underlying health issues.

There were NO Overwhelmed Hospitals.
    And the BIG SHOW of military Hospitals set in various places were NEVER used.

People are dying in Old Folks Homes and care centers from Malpractice and old age.

and this in the most impressive Psyop I have ever witnessed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who isn't dying of Covid?

Pot Smokers.

if they were,,you would most certainly heard it hyped..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Who isn't dying of Covid?

Pot Smokers.

if they were,,you would most certainly heard it hyped..

Most people who die of Covid are old. Only 3% of people over 65 smoke marijuana

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...kes-marijuana/

Just got the test results confirming. Building antibodies as we speak.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc and Quercetin if you can get some (the sooner the better)
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You and your family are in my prayers during this trying time. How much longer did the doctor say you have to live?
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    You and your family are in my prayers during this trying time. How much longer did the doctor say you have to live?
    I appreciate the concern, but we'll be covered. I've already set up the funeral arrangements and we've been updating our family wills. (I was wondering how much should go to RPF.) Other than that, I've emptied out the accounts and and I'm on my way to Vegas. I hope I at least make it to Monday morning, cause I can't wait to tell my boss to F**K off!

Tree pollen is kicking my ass. Or I have Covid.

Back in January of last year I got sick with a massive headache, all I wanted to do was sleep, my body ached all over and I couldn't eat for a day. Can't say exactly for sure if it was Covid though since I was stressed out at the time.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc and Quercetin if you can get some (the sooner the better)
    We took all of that (minus the Quercetin) , and went through a mountain of citrus, and every time the sun was out I told the family to drop what they were doing 'cause we were going on a walk to get sunlight.
    I'm not sure if that's why we breezed through it but it didn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Most people who die of Covid are old. Only 3% of people over 65 smoke marijuana

/statistics
    Lots of folks my age use cannabis.

https://www.aarp.org/health/drugs-su...g-seniors.html
    Last edited by pcosmar; 04-30-2021 at 10:23 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

The only people that I have spoke to saying they've had it are people that I've known to be very unhealthy people for a very long time. Constantly sick with this or that or the other, so obviously they had Convid, they're special like that don'tcha know. Everyone else is living their lives as normal as they feel comfortable 'within the rules' of course. Then there are thankfully a few around like me that live as they always have, and are thriving for it.
    "The issue is that you to define the best candidate solely based upon what they stand for." - CaptLouAlbano

This is the mindset trying to take hold on RPF.

"Kelly Thomas did this to himself." - FrankRep

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Some people have reported a loss of taste.

Which may be why Cardi B stayed popular for so long.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Me
    Only 3% of people over 65 smoke marijuana
    Your article.

Among the 65-plus population, 4.2 percent used marijuana in 2018

Me

Your article.
    And,as it is more legal in more places ,,more folks admit it.. several articles noting the fact.

and still lots of folks DON"T admit it.. (but still use it)

Gun Owners especially.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast