Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biden to ban Kools by Executive fiat

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    Is this satire?
    I wonder that with each News Broadcast.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If tobacco products are poisonous and cause serious disease and death, why are they allowed to be sold at all?

Also it is funny hypocrisy that many people that support these types of bans want to legalize psychodelic weed that can also be made in candy flavors enticing to minors.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    If tobacco products are poisonous and cause serious disease and death, why are they allowed to be sold at all?

Also it is funny hypocrisy that many people that support these types of bans want to legalize psychodelic weed that can also be made in candy flavors enticing to minors.
    Government should never be permitted to regulate what a human chooses to ingest.

Doesn't matter how you frame the position.

Both should be legal, but cannabis is far safer for consumption than commercial tobacco.

Even if you compare with organic tobacco, the amount of cannabis typically consumed by a person in a day can differ from 20 - 100 times less grams of cannabis than tobacco, so at the end of the day there is a lot less smoke ingested.

That's before getting into the safest ways to consume these substances into the lungs, which for tobacco would probably be a non-flavored e-cig - and for cannabis would be a live resin or live sauce vaporized on quartz glass through a water filtering device called a "rig" which is basically a small bong.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You are starting with 1939s Nazi anti-smoking propaganda .. and have already lost any argument you might have had.

Then go on to make a totally fabricated statement
    want to legalize psychodelic weed
    and that sort of abject ignorance is a good reason to stop banning anything.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You are starting with 1939s Nazi anti-smoking propaganda .. and have already lost any argument you might have had.

Then go on to make a totally fabricated statement

and that sort of abject ignorance is a good reason to stop banning anything.
    Statists love to ban. Ban ban ban. Because he/she knows exactly what is best for me and for you. For our safety, and to “protect our Freedoms”.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Weed is NOT dangerous- it was made to seem dangerous so .gov could ban hemp, which is stronger than steel/cotton/etc. Big Corps could not have that.
    There is no spoon.

I am sure the hood will deeply appreciate how much Biden cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Weed is NOT dangerous- it was made to seem dangerous so .gov could ban hemp, which is stronger than steel/cotton/etc. Big Corps could not have that.
    Not to mention medical benefits that can't be patented. and would replace poisonous substances being sold as safe.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Not to mention medical benefits that can't be patented. and would replace poisonous substances being sold as safe.
    Exactly!
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I soak my tobacco in grape kool aid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I have a buddy that smoked Kool non filters in the 70's and 80's . I went and visited him last summer . He has switched to cigars. Guy cracks me up . He is the anti health ad . Sits on his back deck working from home , big cigar , big glass of bourbon , big steak for dinner right off the grill , goes in for his physical and everything is perfect.
    Do something Danke

They can take my Kools when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.

I hear they can be replaced with a rubber band
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    That sounds tasty.

Just wait and see how cranky the Count , tebowlives , Snowball and PAF will be without the menthols
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-10-2021 at 04:03 PM.
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I have a buddy that smoked Kool non filters in the 70's and 80's . I went and visited him last summer . He has switched to cigars. Guy cracks me up . He is the anti health ad . Sits on his back deck working from home , big cigar , big glass of bourbon , big steak for dinner right off the grill , goes in for his physical and everything is perfect.
    Winning. Tiger blood.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Just wait and see how cranky the Count , tebowlives , Snowball and PAF will be without the menthols
    I despise the smell so much that I could never smoke cigs
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Eww, I like vanilla infused Cigars from time to time.

but that just sounds soggy.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    I despise the smell so much that I could never smoke cigs
    I probably wouldn't like the smell of You,, but would still tolerate you in public.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Sounds like a black market business opportunity in the making. Some pipe tobacco companies sell loose tobacco in 5 pound bales, including menthol flavored. A few cheap cig rolling machines. Sell loosys outside the gas station for a buck a piece. Just try not to get "Garnered"....
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    From a week ago, in the Medical Lysenkoism thread:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/s...89498378125312

White Knights on one side ...

The ACLU warned Biden the ban would have “serious racial justice implications” for people of color and more “negative interactions with local law enforcement.”

“Banning menthol cigarettes risks massive setbacks to our criminal justice system at precisely the moment we should be advancing reform,” the letter obtained by CBS News read.
    ... and White Saviors on the other ...

But some public health organizations support banning menthol cigarettes because they are targeted at black smokers.

“For generations, tobacco companies have promoted menthol cigarettes to the African American community, preying especially on African American youth. The results are clear and grim,” said American Medical President Susan R. Bailey, MD said in a statement supporting the ban.
    Menthol Cigarettes and Flavored Cigars to Be Banned by FDA
    Banning menthol cigarettes would result in a 15 percent reduction in smoking and save up to 654,000 lives over four decades, the agency claims.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/men...by-fda-5511750
    [archive link: https://archive.ph/OVD3i]
    {Naveen Athrappully | 17 October 2023}

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is looking to ban menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars due to concerns these tobacco products are harming American youth.

The FDA submitted the final rule for regulatory review to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on Friday. “This final rule is a tobacco product standard to prohibit the use of menthol as a characterizing flavor in cigarettes,” according to an OMB website. Legal resource center Law Insider defines the term “characterizing flavor” as meaning “a taste or aroma, other than the taste or aroma of tobacco” that is imparted either prior to or during the use of the tobacco product. Flavored cigars would also be banned under the rule.

The FDA has long been pushing to ban menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars. Last year, the agency announced it was proposing rules to this effect to “prevent youth initiation [and] significantly reduce tobacco-related disease and death,” according to an April 28 press release.

Menthol is a flavor additive with a minty taste and aroma that aids in reducing the harshness and irritation of smoking, the agency said. This boosts the appeal for cigarettes and makes the menthol variants popular among youth and young adults. Menthol can also interact with nicotine in the brain, enhancing the nicotine’s addictive effects.

“The combination of menthol’s flavor, sensory effects, and interaction with nicotine in the brain increases the likelihood that youth who start using menthol cigarettes will progress to regular use. Menthol also makes it more difficult for people to quit smoking,” the FDA said.

The agency estimated there were 18.5 million menthol cigarette smokers aged 12 and above in the United States in 2018, with “particularly high rates of use by youth, young adults, and African Americans and other racial and ethnic groups.”

If menthol cigarettes were not available, there would be a 15 percent reduction in smoking within four decades, the agency said citing multiple studies. This would translate into 324,000–654,000 saved lives.

The FDA expressed hope that once the rule comes into effect, it would reduce the appeal of cigarettes among youth and young adults, thus reducing the chances that nonusers who experiment with menthol cigarettes end up progressing to regular smoking.

The OMB review is the last step to be completed to finalize the rule.

Harm to Youngsters

In an Oct. 16 statement, Harold Wimmer, president of the American Lung Association (ALA), called the FDA rules banning menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars “the most significant actions that the FDA’s Center for Tobacco Products has taken in its 14-year history.”

“The American Lung Association is eager for these lifesaving rules to be implemented and urges the White House to finalize these rules before the end of the year. The science and data are clear. Ending the sale of menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars will save lives,” it said.

“One study estimates almost one million smokers would quit smoking within 17 months of the end of the sale of menthol cigarettes, including almost a quarter of a million black individuals living in America. After Canada stopped selling menthol cigarettes in 2017, the country saw an increase in quit attempts and cessation among people who smoked menthol cigarettes.”

The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids also welcomed the FDA proposal, asking the OMB and the White House to consider expediting the review and issuing final regulations by the end of the year given the “profound, lifesaving benefit” of the rules, according to an Oct. 16 press release.

Tobacco is the number-one cause of preventable death in the United States, it said. Cheap, flavored cigars are sold in “kid-friendly flavors” like “berry fusion,” “cherry dynamite,” and “iced donut,” the organization stated.

“These flavored products have flooded the market in recent years and fueled the popularity of cigars with kids.” The group cited the 2022 National Youth Tobacco Survey which showed that cigars are the “second most popular tobacco product” after e-cigarettes among American high school students.

Crackdown on E-Cigarettes

Some have argued against the ban. In March last year, the Tax Foundation warned in a report that the federal menthol ban would result in losses for local governments due to the high level of taxation and the large market share of flavored cigarettes.

In the United States, excise taxes alone make up 40 percent of the retail price of tobacco products on average, it said. A third of the market is made up of flavored cigarettes.

“Federal action does not only impact federal revenue, and combined, governments stand to lose more than $6.6 billion in the first full year following prohibition,” the group stated.

Meanwhile, the FDA is also cracking down on flavored e-cigarettes. Last week, the agency issued denial orders for the marketing of six flavored e-cigarette products being sold under the Vuse Alto brand, including three menthol-flavored ones.

“Evidence submitted by the applicant did not demonstrate that the menthol- and mixed berry-flavored products provided an added benefit for adults who smoke cigarettes—in terms of complete switching or significant smoking reduction—relative to that of tobacco-flavored products that is sufficient to outweigh the known risks to youth,” the agency said.

In July, it issued a marketing denial order for a menthol-flavored e-cigarette made by Fontem US. In May, the FDA issued similar orders to 10 companies that collectively marketed around 6,500 flavored e-cigarette and e-liquid products.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    The inhaled by products of partial combustion of plant matter: tars, residues, oxides of nitrogen and sulfur, that are claimed to be so harmful, are exactly the same, regardless if you are smoking weed or tobacco.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Tobacco is the number-one cause of preventable death in the United States, it said
    That's a load of horse$#@! right there.

Almost nobody smokes anymore and the few that do are so limited as to where and when they can smoke, that the impact is minimal.

Obesity on the other hand, is.

Government forced everybody to stop smoking and then everybody got fat.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I had a really hard time finding unflavored ecig juice for a while thanks to the FDA.

They outlawed vape stores from mixing custom liquid and few brands make it.

I finally found some, but had to buy nic salt concentrate, and mix it together myself, at home..

The cig flavored e liquid is gross, they should be promoting unflavored if anything. Nobody needs gummi bear surprise flavor in their mouth every few minutes. Less ingredients and safer.

The FDA is so retarded.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno
    The FDA is so retarded.
    No they are not retarded they are viscous,sold out, corrupted ect. They have done nothing to protect the public and everything to protect big pharma and Bill Gates.

I wish I could help people to understand how connected health and belief are.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12