Thread: Dave Smith considers seeking the 2024 LP POTUS nomination

Thumbs up Dave Smith considers seeking the 2024 LP POTUS nomination

I haven't been a member of the Libertarian Party since Harry Browne was their nominee.

But I'm going to rejoin the LP as part of the Mises caucus just to help make this happen.

And if it does, then I'll actually vote for the first time since Ron Paul ran for POTUS - just for the "Hell, yeah!" of it, if nothing else.

Let's Build Something Great
    In this clip from Part Of The Problem #718 Dave Smith and Robbie The Fire Bernstein discuss the possibility of Dave Smith running for President [on] the Libertarian Party [ticket].
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bvy7iS_B9c
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    There’s rumblings about a takeover of the L.P. by the Mises Caucus/Ron Paul types. Many of the people with large followings and influence are talking about starting up the Ron Paul Revolution 2.0.

They seem to be tired of the LP pandering to the left and trying to win influence by adapting to the current system. They’re all about purging the so called “left libertarians” and restoring an idealistic plank. They haven’t said exactly what the plan is but have mentioned that something big is in the works.

End the lockdowns
    End the Fed
    End all corporate Welfare
    End the warfare state etc

Dave Smith is in,
    Pete Quinones
    Eric July
    Angela McArdle

I’m guessing Tom Woods and Jeff Diest are advising as well?

If anybody has more info on who or what is going on please clue us in and I’ll add the info to this post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A Son of Liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCifelli1 View Post
    The frustrating part is it feels like left-lib is the dominant "wing" right now. Big L sucks bad. The NJ Libertarian Party is the worst. left lib leaning organization that tries to meme on FB and sucks badly at it.
    Dave Smith and Tom Woods are trying to change that, via the Mises Caucus.
    Recent video (two days ago) from the LP Mises Caucus:
    - Michael Heise is a co-founder of the Mises Caucus
    - Caryn Ann Harlos is secretary of the LP national committee
    - Dave Smith is part of the problem

Video proper starts @ 3:15

On "The Takeover"
    "Oh No! The Mises Caucus is taking over! They must be stopped!". The topic of the takeover has become a hot button issue both in an out of the Mises Caucus. Whats it all about? Why are so many people entering the party off of that message? Is it the best idea to message this way? Talk about it with us with Michael Heise, Dave Smith and Caryn Ann Harlos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjUZ5aOwJZw
    //
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-26-2021 at 04:31 PM.

I think it would be good to have people like this guy be the spokesmen for the party moreso than the last few nominees. I think they have a similar appeal to Ayn Rand and Murray Rothbard. Black and white visions are easy to understand. It is why Ron Paul was popular. Nuance doesn't sell.

Same thing with the non-aggression principle. Do I agree with non-aggression principle as an absolute? Absolutely not. But if people learned nothing else other than the non-aggression principle, it would make policy much better.

The Joe Rogan Experience #1639​ - Dave Smith
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwyFsHLvxD8

Dave Smith - In The White House - "YOUR WELCOME" with Michael Malice #153

http://maliceforPressSecretary.com​

"Comedian" Dave Smith joins Michael once more this week for a discussion on what to do when you've shot a venomous snake in your boat, Dave toying with the idea of running for the Libertarian Party nomination, where he would deport Luis J. Gomez to if elected, Michael's inevitable move out of New York and into "Williamsburg West", how the mainstream media would smear Dave if he ran for office, Michael's specific price and conditions to be Dave's campaign spokesperson, how to efficiently smack down anti-Libertarian arguments, the abundance of failures and atrocities committed by our government including the manmade humanitarian crises called war, Michael's favorite smear campaign ad published by Ron Paul, plus what happened to all the Ron Paul supporters, and so much more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOjZBybNlqw

Malice For Press Secretary

I’ve agreed to be the official mouthpiece of the Dave Smith for President campaign at a rate of either 1BTC or 15ETH per month

I will hodl all the funds until the 2024 election, except if I use some to buy a new home in Austin

For full visibility, the wallets are here:

BTC: 3C9m9GnrU8XXsrnYGHGCqzZVHbtgzakns3

ETH: 0xF4F10cD27F1018916Ed8914D8199D1Df35aB2DE9

Currently funding: Oct 2024-Nov 2024

The press will have a field day taking the games they play on Legion of Skanks podcast out of context lol.

Who's More Justified Using The N Word! is one for sure but I’m confident Dave can hang if they don’t completely censor/ignore him..

Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    The press will have a field day taking the games they play on Legion of Skanks podcast out of context lol.

Who's More Justified Using The N Word! is one for sure but I’m confident Dave can hang if they don’t completely censor/ignore him..
    Speaking from the Cathedral's strategic POV, completely ignoring him is about the best and smartest thing they could do.

Actually engaging with him or any of his material (including his LoS stuff) would be disastrous for them.

Dave doesn't care what they think of him, and the non-Woke will see right through their artificial "outrage." Many red pills would be dispensed as a result.

The Cathedral is nothing if not un-self-aware, though, so they might well make the mistake of trying to cancel him.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 08-24-2023 at 07:43 PM.