Thread: Protecting Elections with Sen. Rand Paul

Protecting Elections with Sen. Rand Paul

Protecting Elections with Sen. Rand Paul

There’s a crisis of confidence in our election systems. Join us as Sen. Rand Paul discusses the vulnerabilities in our election system that are allowing both sides to sow doubt about the results. We’ll discuss the role of the states and what we can do in Texas and around the country to ensure free and fair elections.

Speakers

Kevin Roberts, Ph.D. (Moderator) – Chief Executive Officer, Texas Public Policy Foundation
    The Honorable Rand Paul (Guest) – U.S. Senator (R-KY)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I find it hilarious that the Democrats are pissed off at these election integrity laws that are being passed in various states. Aren't these the same laws that they changed unconstitutionally before the 2020 election when nobody was looking? What exactly is stopping them from doing it again?
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I find it hilarious that the Democrats are pissed off at these election integrity laws that are being passed in various states. Aren't these the same laws that they changed unconstitutionally before the 2020 election when nobody was looking? What exactly is stopping them from doing it again?
    Election reform is racist. ID's are racist. Hand counting is racist. In-person voting is racist.

Signature matching on mail-in ballots is super racist.

And you're racist for even questioning this.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Here's the protection scheme:

1 Paper ballots and no electronic voting.

2. Every ballot has a unique identifier - a serial number, if you will.

3. Every voter keeps original ballot, a carbon copy stays with polling place.

4. Original copy has voter's name printed on it.

5. Carbon copy is anonymous, but retains unique ballot identifier.

6. All Copy ballots are scanned and loaded into a PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE database, unattached to the vote counting systems, to allow cursory confirmation checks.

7. After all ballots are counted, copies of the count database are made publicly accessible such that voter can enter his identifier and confirm his original copy tally with that in the database record that is returned with his query.

8. In the event of a count failure, the voter can lodge a complaint and a formal demand to alter the count.

9. ANY alteration of an original copy renders it as having zero evidentiary value, the incentive to treat originals with great care.

This is a simple protocol that would go a very long way toward stopping the election shenanigans. For example, if some scummy Democrat decides your vote doesn't count and tosses your count-ballot into the dumptster, it will not show up. When you go to confirm your vote, it will not show up. You may then submit a demand to be recognized, which when formally correct, leaves the election board no choice but to create a proper record of your choices, made from your original. Failure to do this would result in a stiff prison sentence of not less than ten years in a maximum security facility, genpop. THAT is the risk one would run for committing a crime against the electorate.

This isn't rocket surgery, folks. I pulled this protocol out of my ass in under two minutes. If a dopey guy like me can do it, imagine what smart people could come up with, not that much more would be needed.

Shutting off the avenues of chicanery is not a problem in the least. Gathering up the oats and will to do it, OTOH, is.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Here's the protection scheme:

1 Paper ballots and no electronic voting.

2. Every ballot has a unique identifier - a serial number, if you will.

3. Every voter keeps original ballot, a carbon copy stays with polling place.

4. Original copy has voter's name printed on it.

5. Carbon copy is anonymous, but retains unique ballot identifier.

6. All Copy ballots are scanned and loaded into a PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE database, unattached to the vote counting systems, to allow cursory confirmation checks.

7. After all ballots are counted, copies of the count database are made publicly accessible such that voter can enter his identifier and confirm his original copy tally with that in the database record that is returned with his query.

8. In the event of a count failure, the voter can lodge a complaint and a formal demand to alter the count.

9. ANY alteration of an original copy renders it as having zero evidentiary value, the incentive to treat originals with great care.

This is a simple protocol that would go a very long way toward stopping the election shenanigans. For example, if some scummy Democrat decides your vote doesn't count and tosses your count-ballot into the dumptster, it will not show up. When you go to confirm your vote, it will not show up. You may then submit a demand to be recognized, which when formally correct, leaves the election board no choice but to create a proper record of your choices, made from your original. Failure to do this would result in a stiff prison sentence of not less than ten years in a maximum security facility, genpop. THAT is the risk one would run for committing a crime against the electorate.

This isn't rocket surgery, folks. I pulled this protocol out of my ass in under two minutes. If a dopey guy like me can do it, imagine what smart people could come up with, not that much more would be needed.

Shutting off the avenues of chicanery is not a problem in the least. Gathering up the oats and will to do it, OTOH, is.
    Let me add. Vote counts down to the smallest precinct need to be public, and thus anybody can checks the totals.

The reason the left explicitly wants to avoid that is that fraud is much easier when everything is consolidated into one large number. Nobody will know where the numbers came from.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Election reform is racist. ID's are racist. Hand counting is racist. In-person voting is racist.

Signature matching on mail-in ballots is super racist.

And you're racist for even questioning this.
    N'lissin bubba... if ya'gwyne a tawk 'bat it, ya'gotsta spill proply... the wort be RAYcis. Das'ow ya'spill d'wort. It be RAYcis. Waa peepoo be RAYcis. Dem'onkies oul RAYcis cuz dey hate d'blak mayne. Dey hate d'blak mayne cuz dey oul RAYcis.

Na'git yo' krakka ass wit d'progam and sind me oul yo'munny cuz a'slavey 'n ya'RAYcis 'n shih...

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Let me add. Vote counts down to the smallest precinct need to be public, and thus anybody can checks the totals.

The reason the left explicitly wants to avoid that is that fraud is much easier when everything is consolidated into one large number. Nobody will know where the numbers came from.
    Yes, I should have made that clear, but there should also be a conglomerated DB as well to serve as a redundancy measure. People should be able to make copies of their original ballots and send them nationwide to watchdog organizations, for example. And I would make it a class-A felony to alter a copy in any way whatsoever such that the truth of the ballot such as whose it is, how they voted, etc. would present a misleading picture. We all know precisely the sorts of fukkery that would go on, especially with Democrats, falsifying copies for memes and that sort of thing in order to whip up public anger and all that.

Voting may be bull$#@!, but it's what we have and so long as that be the case, we should be stern about cleanliness near to the point of the draconian. The other side of that coin would be that anyone convicted of falsely accusing someone of committing such as felony would face long prison stays with large and very lonely men whose motto is "gay for the stay", and be financially ruined, including their families. Make fukkery so grave with horrific risk that all but the most hard-core criminal dementeds would even dare think about such things.

I would add the same wildly horrific punishments for anyone convicted of ballot fukkery at polling places. You count the votes honestly, efficiently, and do not bring in or out suitcases full of ballots at 3AM. Everything is monitored via video 24x7, you remain sequestered on site until the counting is done, no leaving for home, food is brought to you, and if so much as a single vote in your charge is wrong, you will have a LOT of explaining to do with no benefit of legal counsel, no right to remain silent, and so forth.

These are the brands of measures necessary if we are to be serious about straightening out the mafia we call "government". They must be so full of dread at the thought of doing wrong that if they have even the least inclination to it, they will simply resign or never volunteer in the first place. Chicanery has got to be terrifying to everyone. Otherwise, I recommend we all admit to what we really are and lay down for Themme and be done with it. At least we could retain a shred of respectability for honesty.

Once again - this COULD be done, and without much exertion or expense. That we have not done it speaks not well of us.