Thread: Many men growing mustaches & beards these days.. to trap coronaviruses?

Post Many men growing mustaches & beards these days.. to trap coronaviruses?

Lately many men are growing facial hair at strategic locations right next to breathing cavities (nose/mouth) to trap and stop coronaviruses?

Study Finds Men Have Cultivated Their Beards, And Their Skills Since COVID-19 Pandemic Began

STERLING, Ill., Oct. 6, 2020 - Maybe it's a side effect of having extra time on their hands. Maybe it's a way to express themselves. But according to a new survey from men's grooming leader Wahl, 40% of men 18-64 grew facial hair since the COVID-19 pandemic began. And adding a face full of fur isn't the only thing these guys have been up to, as more than one-third (35%) of men also learned a new skill or talent. Now until Oct. 9, 2020, Wahl is giving these overachieving facial-haired phenoms a chance to put their gifts on display in the first-ever 'Most Talented Beard in America' contest.

CALLING ALL BEARDED MEN: Wahl Grooming wants to give you $20,000! Just upload a video showcasing any talent or skill for a chance to win. Juggling? Sure! Drumming? Go for it! ENTER BY 10/9. bitly.com/WahlMostTalentedBeard.

Men stated the top reason for growing or changing their facial hair was experimentation at 46%; and more than half of men who grew a beard since the pandemic hit said they plan to keep it.

prnewswire.com/news-releases/study-finds-men-have-cultivated-their-beards-and-their-skills-since-covid-19-pandemic-began-301146989.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For me it was mostly the result of not caring anymore.

Nose hair is nature's filter. It evolved for a reason. It isn't perfect, but it isn't useless either.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Yep, shaving every day sucks, even with an electric razor.

A beard trim every couple weeks is a lot more manageable.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Nose hair is nature's filter. It evolved for a reason. It isn't perfect, but it isn't useless either.
    This is true. I think everything is with a purpose although they seem not to have one. Now, thinking about it.. I'm thinking of some that makes me really wonder what I've just said.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-lov...have-more-sex/

What's the quickest way to tell how much sex a guy has? By checking out his facial hair. At least that's what one study is claiming. The Schick Skin-dex Survey conducted a national poll and found that men who shave five times a week or more get it on twice as often as men who ditch the razor.

Turns out the guys who let it grow also report being less happy, earning less, and not feeling as confident.

OK, we're going to go out on a limb and guess that the link between shaving and all of the above have more to do with the fact that guys who have jobs shave five days a week for work.

Either way, the connection is interesting. Also interesting is this list of U.S. cities, ranked in order of average shaves per year, from highest to lowest. And if the Schick findings are correct then men in LA and DC are getting more ass than guys in Atlanta and Philly.

Keep in mind what is really under attack is the mental image of the Male.

If they can provide a "good reason" to require all men to shave off all their facial hair, even if it is a legitimate reason (which it is not), the result is that it destroys the mental image of Male and replaces it with the idea of "men with facial hair are dirty so stay away".

Divide and Conquer.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Up until a month ago I had a double handfull with about 3 more inches. Close to a 2 year growth. Back to a 2 week growth now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Haven't shaved since bootcamp...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    ..cosmopolitan...

What's the quickest way to tell how much sex a guy has? By checking out his facial hair. At least that's what one study is claiming. The Schick Skin-dex Survey conducted a national poll and found that men who shave five times a week or more get it on twice as often as men who ditch the razor.

Won't be surprised if the trends are exact opposite these days.

Also not sure how much trust to put in findings of survey done by a shaving products maker and if they just called cosmometrosexuals or was truly a scientific poll that took into account other variables.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Lately many men are growing facial hair at strategic locations right next to breathing cavities (nose/mouth) to trap and stop coronaviruses?

Study Finds Men Have Cultivated Their Beards, And Their Skills Since COVID-19 Pandemic Began

STERLING, Ill., Oct. 6, 2020 - Maybe it's a side effect of having extra time on their hands. Maybe it's a way to express themselves. But according to a new survey from men's grooming leader Wahl, 40% of men 18-64 grew facial hair since the COVID-19 pandemic began. And adding a face full of fur isn't the only thing these guys have been up to, as more than one-third (35%) of men also learned a new skill or talent. Now until Oct. 9, 2020, Wahl is giving these overachieving facial-haired phenoms a chance to put their gifts on display in the first-ever 'Most Talented Beard in America' contest.

CALLING ALL BEARDED MEN: Wahl Grooming wants to give you $20,000! Just upload a video showcasing any talent or skill for a chance to win. Juggling? Sure! Drumming? Go for it! ENTER BY 10/9. bitly.com/WahlMostTalentedBeard.

Men stated the top reason for growing or changing their facial hair was experimentation at 46%; and more than half of men who grew a beard since the pandemic hit said they plan to keep it.

prnewswire.com/news-releases/study-finds-men-have-cultivated-their-beards-and-their-skills-since-covid-19-pandemic-began-301146989.html
    Maybe some who are growing the beards are getting back at the mask mandates.

In the military and in firefighting, we are told to shave closely in order to make a gas mask or other mask work properly.

I couldn't even grow facial hair back in high school and college. It wasn't until 6 years ago where I finally gained the ability to.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I couldn't even grow facial hair back in high school and college. It wasn't until 6 years ago where I finally gained the ability to.
    Drill Sgt in basic told me to shave that peach fuzz $#@! off my lip.

I'm 62 and still can't grow a full beard on the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Maybe some who are growing the beards are getting back at the mask mandates.

In the military and in firefighting, we are told to shave closely in order to make a gas mask or other mask work properly.
    The home made masks tho dont do $#@!!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Entirely different kind of hair link ( reportedly).
    Sourced to some researchers team, so exercise caution:

HAIR RAISING
    Bald men are twice as likely to suffer severe Covid, experts warn

• Vanessa Chalmers, Digital Health Reporter

May 6 2021, 10:47 ET
    BALD men are up to twice as likely to suffer severe Covid, experts have warned.
    New research suggests they spend up to twice as long in hospital with Covid than those who still have a full head of hair.

Men with hair loss appear to be at greater risk of severe Covid. Pictured: English Fast and Furious actor Jason StathamCredit: Reuters They are also admitted to intensive care in higher numbers.
    Scientists say men’s Covid vulnerability largely comes down to male sex hormones called androgens.
    Men who are genetically more sensitive to androgens appear to be more likely to suffer severe Covid.
    They are also more likely to have hair loss, called androgenetic alopecia, which affects around half of men over the age of 50.
    The common condition also affects women in a different way, causing thinning at the crown of the head typically over the age of 65.
    Androgenitic alopecia has previously been linked with several other conditions including heart disease and diabetes.
    A team of US doctors measured men’s sensitivity to androgens by counting a chemical called CAG.
    High levels indicate that a man is more likely to have hair loss.
    Of 65 men hospitalised with the infection, those with high CAG levels had worse Covid outcomes in the 60 days following their hospitlisation.
    They spent 47 days in hospital, on average, and 70.6 per cent were admitted to ICU.
    For comparison, those with low CAG levels spent an average of 25 days in hospital, and 45.2 per cent were admitted to ICU.
    Lead author Dr Andy Goren, chief medical officer at Applied Biology, Inc, Irvine, California, said CAG levels could be used to spot men at risk of ICU admission.
    He said the study adds more evidence that variations in the AR gene and susceptibility to androgens are to some extent implicated in the severity of Covid infection.

the-sun.com/news/2836376/bald-men-twice-likely-severe-covid-study/