Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ohio - 16 y/o Ma'Khia Bryant Killed By Cop

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Granted, he didn't miss. But I would still submit that if he had not fired, it would have worked out better for everyone, as unrealistic as that may be.
    She was a fraction of a second away from stabbing that girl. She didn't give the Officer much of a choice.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In reality, she probably wouldn't have inflicted much damage, if at all with that flimsy steak knife.
    Yup she would have been fine. Just a stab wound to the chest/neck, no big deal. Shrug it off
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I'm sure that our view of the events is being manipulated in every way, but what a shame it would be if a police officer gets hammered for actually proactively using force to protect others.

That being said, a taser might have been a useful tool for that situation, but that is some armchair quarterbacking on my part.
    It's just fascinating to me that the Left will go to such lengths to paint this as some innocent girl who got murdered because she was black.

Such as Kathy Griffin trying to normalize knife fights in schools, yep those are normal, who hasn't been in a knife fight?? It's all in good fun!
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

https://twitter.com/LaceyCrisp/statu...65355046592519

They never aren't honors students and they are always just sweet angels. Getting a great government school education. I am sure the girl shot in the middle of stabbing would have gone on to great scientific discoveries had it not been for the racist police.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    um, no. A person with a knife can stab u in around 20’ feet distance before u can drawl your gun. A stab wound to the neck (carotid artery) is death within seconds.
    That's what happened here. She pulled a pocket knife, and one swarp across R/side of the neck. End of story.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...tab-teen-girl/

Ohio Horror: 13-Year-Old Black Girl Stabs to Death a 13-Year-Old Black Girl the Night Before Ma’Khia Bryant Killed by Police While Trying to Stab Teen Girl
    By Kristinn Taylor
    Published April 21, 2021 at 5:52pm
    514 Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    um, no. A person with a knife can stab u in around 20’ feet distance before u can drawl your gun. A stab wound to the neck (carotid artery) is death within seconds.
    COVID can kill you in two days.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

COVID can kill you in two days.
    Yep, stab wounds are harmless most of the time. Some doctors even say that stab wounds can be good for you.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    They never aren't honors students and they are always just sweet angels. Getting a great government school education. I am sure the girl shot in the middle of stabbing would have gone on to great scientific discoveries had it not been for the racist police.
    How about the media print the truth.

"Paula Bryant failed as a parent and led to the death of her daughter."

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

The man who was shot in Elizabeth City NC was 40 y/o with 10 kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yup she would have been fine. Just a stab wound to the chest/neck, no big deal. Shrug it off
    You never know. I do know that the solution to this problem of two girls fighting where one might potentially kill the other one (and that could potentially happen in a fist fight or a simple push) was to kill one of them. Perhaps this should be the solution to every street fight. The police can walk up and terminate the one who appears to be the aggressor.

And no, I am in no way trying to paint anyone involved as “innocent”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You never know. I do know that the solution to this problem of two girls fighting where one might potentially kill the other one (and that could potentially happen in a fist fight or a simple push) was to kill one of them. Perhaps this should be the solution to every street fight. The police can walk up and terminate the one who appears to be the aggressor.

Cops should just use their body cams to record the fight and upload it to youtube. Make a little side money if it goes viral.

If someone threatens a knife on me or anyone I care about, I'm putting them down by any means necessary.

No matter how "friendly" their "street fight" was going to be.

Unarmed is a different story. Do that $#@! all day long, as long as both are standing, I don't give a $#@!.

Draw a deadly weapon, expect deadly results.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-21-2021 at 07:07 PM.
    - Kim Kardashian

And the fat girl was clearly off her hinges. Early in video, pink sweater girl appeared to be calm, standing still.

I can't see there being any doubt, that chubby girl was the aggressor
    - Kim Kardashian

If black lives matter, why do black people kill so many black people
    - Kim Kardashian

I don't get some people's mentality. When I was a bit younger and wilder, I don't care what I was doing, if an authority figure showed up, I was suddenly on my best behavior.

Once a guy who I was about to fight pretended to be friends when the cops arrived. After the cop left we didn't fight. We actually gained respect for each other and became pretty good friends.

I would NEVER pull a knife on someone in front of the cops. Not only was that 16 year old dangerous, she was crazy. I can't blame the cop.

She was a fraction of a second away from stabbing that girl. She didn't give the Officer much of a choice.
    To be clear, I don't believe that the cop should be punished. He did what he was trained to do.

What I am suggesting is that there are more possibilities than one (shooting her). A nearly infinte number of other scenarios where neither of the young women ended up dead. I will continue to believe that training and tactics of the Police have become extreme, driven by a mindset of kill or be killed. I believe that should change.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I don't get some people's mentality. When I was a bit younger and wilder, I don't care what I was doing, if an authority figure showed up, I was suddenly on my best behavior.

Once a guy who I was about to fight pretended to be friends when the cops arrived. After the cop left we didn't fight. We actually gained respect for each other and became pretty good friends.

I would NEVER pull a knife on someone in front of the cops. Not only was that 16 year old dangerous, she was crazy. I can't blame the cop.
    I think it's because black people live in a completely different world. They live in a world that glorifies violence as a means of dominance. Strength is measured by how many people are afraid of you. Knife fights are an everyday occurrence; more of a ritual of dominance than an actual act of aggression.

This is why there is such a disconnect. If black people want their lives to "matter", they are going to have to learn that knife fights are not OK.

They are going to have to learn to resolve disputes without violence. This violence is so ingrained into their culture, it will take generations.

In the meantime the only thing we can do is separate, and let them sort out that $#@! on their own.
    - Kim Kardashian

If someone threatens a knife on me or anyone I care about, I'm putting them down by any means necessary.

No matter how "friendly" their "street fight" was going to be.

Unarmed is a different story. Do that $#@! all day long, as long as both are standing, I don't give a $#@!.

Draw a deadly weapon, expect deadly results.
    In that scenario, you are a party in the battle. You have a vested interest. You are not neutral or impartial, as a cop should be.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be clear, I don't believe that the cop should be punished. He did what he was trained to do.

What I am suggesting is that there are more possibilities than one (shooting her). A nearly infinte number of other scenarios where neither of the young women ended up dead. I will continue to believe that training and tactics of the Police have become extreme, driven by a mindset of kill or be killed. I believe that should change.
    Would you have the same reservations about putting down someone who opened fire in a movie theater?

I don't see a difference.

You say "let her stab the girl and see what happens", which is honestly what I would do. But then again I'm a heartless bastard and human lives of strangers doesn't mean much to me.
    - Kim Kardashian

Would you have the same reservations about putting down someone who opened fire in a movie theater?

I don't see a difference.

You say "let her stab the girl and see what happens", which is honestly what I would do. But then again I'm a heartless bastard and human lives of strangers doesn't mean much to me.
    Overweight girl with a steak knife? Threat level 2.
    Shooter in a Movie Theater? Threat level 10.

The combination of "circular force continuum" training with a culture of "office safety über alles" is extremely dangerous and is heavily weighted in favor of producing "shoot first and ask questions later" scenarios. Something very much needs to be done to put an end to such vicious nonsense. But I don't think any of those issues are germane in this particular case, because any mundane would have been justified in acting just as the cop did in this situation.

Any of myriad other less lethal outcomes would have been preferable, of course - but "coulda woulda shoulda" is a game that can always be played in these kinds of situations. The most important question is not whether something else the cop theoretically could have done might have been preferable [1], but whether what the cop actually did do is a violation of the NAP. Based on the information currently available (and subject to change should additional information become available), I think the answer to that most important question is "no."

And because there is no NAP violation on the part of the cop in this case, the fact that he happens to be a cop is not particularly significant - or at least, it shouldn't be. The situation and relevant considerations would be exactly the same if the shooter had been a mundane (such as a neighbor or random passerby). The usual problem with cops is that they are, as a matter of course, granted higher authority over mundanes while simultaneously being held to a lower standard of acccountability than mundanes. But there should be no distinction at all between cops and mundanes. Cops (or their equivalent) should just be citizens who have a particular job - a job that does not give them any more authority or any less accountability than any other citizen.

As unfortunate as the outcome of this particular incident is, I don't see it as one in which a cop (whatever the nature of his training or degree of concern for his own personal safety may have been) did anything a mundane shouldn't be permitted to do under the same circumstances.

[1] Note that I am not saying that this question isn't an important one. I'm saying that it isn't the most important one. And in any case, as we do not live in a perfect world populated with perfect people, "yes" will almost always be the correct answer to the question, "might something else one theoretically could have done have been preferable to what one actually did do?"
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-24-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    And because there is no NAP violation on the part of the cop in this case, the fact that he happens to be a cop is not particularly significant - or at least, it shouldn't be. The situation and relevant considerations would be exactly the same if the shooter had been a mundane (such as a neighbor or random passerby).
    Except that if this was a white civilian neighbor or passerby, there would be no body camera. In it’s place would be the word of family members who claimed that the person just walked up and shot this innocent girl, who was having a loud discussion with another girl. The usual race agitators and media pundits would scream that it was racism. They would dox the shooter and find out he once donated $10 to Oathkeepers in 2011 and call it a white supremacist organization. The narrative would be exaggerated and repeated ad nauseum, and be believed by the vast majority of the population. There would be murals of St. Ma’Khia on walls. Riots, looting and arson would occur across the nation. The shooter would be tried and easily convicted. Two years from now we might hear the first story that the girl had a knife in her hand. It wouldn't matter.

Except that if this was a white civilian neighbor or passerby, there would be no body camera. In it’s place would be the word of family members who claimed that the person just walked up and shot this innocent girl, who was having a loud discussion with another girl. The usual race agitators and media pundits would scream that it was racism. They would dox the shooter and find out he once donated $10 to Oathkeepers in 2011 and call it a white supremacist organization. The narrative would be exaggerated and repeated ad nauseum, and be believed by the vast majority of the population. There would be murals of St. Ma’Khia on walls. Riots, looting and arson would occur across the nation. The shooter would be tried and easily convicted. Two years from now we might hear the first story that the girl had a knife in her hand. It wouldn't matter.
    I wouldn't be at all surprised - and the same scenario (or something like it) might well play out if the cop didn't have a body cam.

Fortunately, though, he did - and we have the footage.

Now let's hope it red-pills some of the people who see that footage and compare it to the hysterical and unhinged reactions to the incident.

In reality, she probably wouldn't have inflicted much damage, if at all with that flimsy steak knife. Even if she had sliced the other girl, would that have been as bad as shooting and killing the attacker (in the sense of inflaming the public)? We would never even hear about the story. “Girl slices another girl with knife”. It wouldn’t make the local news.

Cop could have done like the other guy did and just kicked her. Speaking of which, any charges against the adult male kicking a girl while she is down and escalating the mayhem during a knife attack? Did they all wait for the Police to arrive to put on a show?

Now I understand why Police in SF see crimes and fights, shake their heads, get in their car, and leave.
    A flimsy steak knife? What in the world qualifies a steak knife as "flimsy"? C'mon, you can't honestly say a steak knife wont cause damage. The knifee was backed up and had no where to go.

And yes that piece of garbage who kicked that girl needs to be charged.
    Last edited by tebowlives; 04-22-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tebowlives View Post
    A flimsy steak knife? What in the world qualifies a steak knife as "flimsy"? C'mon, you can't honestly say a steak knife wont cause damage. The knifee was backed up and had no where to go.
    Most common steak knives are cheap and made of very thin material. They will bend or break when stabbing. If sharp, they may be able to slice bare skin.

Yes, there are some solid kitchen knives, but they are expensive and not common. Common steak knives would not be a good choice for combat.

The other girl was black too, so her life also matters. Cop should have found a white person to shoot, to stop the fighting.
    Laughed out loud.

Here's an idea - how about two-barrel pistols. One with a fast-acting tranquilizer, and another with explosive-tipped rounds.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most common steak knives are cheap and made of very thin material. They will bend or break when stabbing. If sharp, they may be able to slice bare skin.

Yes, there are some solid kitchen knives, but they are expensive and not common. Common steak knives would not be a good choice for combat.
    This x1000. Steak knives really aren't designed for cutting through meat.
    - Kim Kardashian

ALL
    KNIVES
    ARE
    DANGEROUS
    in the hands of a lunatic

so are sticks and rocks...OLD SCHOOL cain & able style

steak knife, HA you should see the damage a prison shank can do, and those may be made of a toothbrush.

i almost slashed my femoral artery with a piece of broken glass in the trash i didn see...the WHOLE PLANET is trying to kill us all hedge accordingly
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    ALL
    KNIVES
    ARE
    DANGEROUS
    in the hands of a lunatic

so are sticks and rocks...OLD SCHOOL cain & able style

steak knife, HA you should see the damage a prison shank can do, and those may be made of a toothbrush.

i almost slashed my femoral artery with a piece of broken glass in the trash i didn see...the WHOLE PLANET is trying to kill us all hedge accordingly
    Exactly. The whole world has become paranoid.

Consider for a moment that most "self-defense" training originates with military and police training. In that mindset, the mere presence of a knife or gun is considered an immediate and lethal threat.

Likewise, COVID is such an immediate and lethal threat that all types of precautions and mandates are "required". Children must be vaccinated with an experimental vaccine with known side effects to avoid the .0001% chance they might die from COVID.

Is the mere presence of a gun grounds for immediate termination? Think about Police training. In many places, they just might shoot on sight anyone involved in open carry. Kill or be killed.

On the other hand, some Police can empty a magazine at close range and miss with every shot*. Some shooters are more dangerous than others.

* Can't find a link, but there was local case where 5 officers all opened fire at point blank range and got zero hits on target. Suspect got off some shots too, and IIRC, one cop was hit in the belt buckle.

Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-22-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Presented without further comment:

https://twitter.com/barnes_law/statu...98028626518020

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast