Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chauvin - Guilty on All Charges

Chauvin - Guilty on All Charges

Derek Chauvin - Guilty on All Charges
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Still gonna be riots regardless of whatever the verdict was.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Does this send a signal to cops that they’re not protected?? Somehow I doubt it.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Still gonna be riots regardless of whatever the verdict was.
    Celebrations are also great excuses to riot and loot.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Mob rules.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Speaking of celebration, the MSM backrooms will be celebrating another propaganda victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Mob rules.
    It was a political show trial to satiate the leftist mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Celebrations are also great excuses to riot and loot.
    I'm fully expecting the media to justify all riots that happen as joyous celebrations.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't realize that Chauvin tried to plea to third degree murder.

I suspect that he knew that his goose was cooked.

There may be room for appeal down the road.

But that leaves plenty of time for him to break in his soap on a rope.

He did it to himself.

How long until the media reports that he was found dead in his cell?

Calvin Coolidge

How long until the media reports that he was found dead in his cell?
    Chauvin didn't kill himself.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Does this send a signal to cops that they’re not protected?? Somehow I doubt it.
    It sends a clear signal. Don’t kill black people. But it’s still open season on everyone else.

Clown world I’m watching on TV right now.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Keith Ellison, Minnesota Attorney General, just said that this was not justice. He said there needs to be reparations, and it is in the hands of the people (aka mob). He wants riots.

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    I didn't realize that Chauvin tried to plea to third degree murder.

I suspect that he knew that his goose was cooked.

There may be room for appeal down the road.

But that leaves plenty of time for him to break in his soap on a rope.

He did it to himself.
    I'm not a huge fan of the police, but my problem is that there seems to be a legitimate "reasonable doubt" that Chauvin killed George Floyd. The drugs in George Floyd's system, the fact that George Floyd stated that he couldn't breathe before he was pinned, a sliver of doubt about the exact placement of the knee, a supposed lack of post-mortem injury to the neck, etc., are reasonable to consider. I didn't have personal investment in the outcome of this trial, but I have a hard time thinking that it is a win considering the legal standard of "reasonable doubt" was mostly likely slaughtered (not to mention the witness intimidation and other shenanigans clouding this case).
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Keith Ellison, Minnesota Attorney General, just said that this was not justice. He said there needs to be reparations, and it is in the hands of the people (aka mob). He wants riots.
    Good grief.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Chauvin didn't kill himself.
    But George Floyd may have.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Do we know the maximum sentence of how long he's supposed to be in jail?

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the police, but my problem is that there seems to be a legitimate "reasonable doubt" that Chauvin killed George Floyd. The drugs in George Floyd's system, the fact that George Floyd stated that he couldn't breathe before he was pinned, a sliver of doubt about the exact placement of the knee, a supposed lack of post-mortem injury to the neck, etc., are reasonable to consider. I didn't have personal investment in the outcome of this trial, but I have a hard time thinking that it is a win considering the legal standard of "reasonable doubt" was mostly likely slaughtered (not to mention the witness intimidation and other shenanigans clouding this case).
    IMHO and from what I know about the charges, he was definitely guilty of the second degree manslaughter charge. It was gross negligence on his part. The third degree murder charge was also valid, as he engaged in reckless and dangerous actions.

Second degree murder was the huge stretch, which requires some level of intent, but without premeditation. That charge also involves some level of mind reading to know intent, absent some confession or testimony by someone who claimed to know intent.

Do we know the maximum sentence of how long he's supposed to be in jail?
    2nd-degree “felony” murder: Recommended 10.5 years (max 40)
    3rd-degree “reckless” murder: Recommended 10.5 years (max 25)
    2nd-degree manslaughter: Recommended 4 years (max 10) and/or $20k fine

FYI, the State has filed Blakely motion for aggravated sentencing, above and beyond guidelines, arguments for that will be heard over next couple of weeks. Chauvin could have had jury make call on aggravation factors, waived that right, The judge will now make that call.
    Haul out that picture of Stonewall, tack it up with an old gray pin
    Raise up them Stars and Bars, the South shall rise again!"- Johnny Rebel

All I know is that to see and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell, Rivers of Blood Speech

"Unless we make sure that there is no infiltration of our country, then just as certain as you sit there, in the period of our lives you will see a red world."
    -Joseph McCarthy

Yeah.
    Political theater.
    Don't be shocked if this is quietly overturned in the next year.
    The state expects their goons to goon.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

IMHO and from what I know about the charges, he was definitely guilty of the second degree manslaughter charge. It was gross negligence on his part. The third degree murder charge was also valid, as he engaged in reckless and dangerous actions.

Second degree murder was the huge stretch, which requires some level of intent, but without premeditation. That charge also involves some level of mind reading to know intent, absent some confession or testimony by someone who claimed to know intent.
    It seems that, at worst, Chauvin was negligent, but that's assuming that George Floyd didn't die primarily or in totality from overdose. For what it's worth, my live-in, former pharmacist, father-in-law stated that an opiate (fentanyl) overdose can cause the respiratory muscles to stop functioning, resulting in a cessation of breathing. That seems like reasonable doubt to me.
    Last edited by Philhelm; 04-20-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    -Stannis Baratheon

This seems accurate to me too.

I also think it's strange for the charges to stack like that, it should be one of the three, whichever it meets the criteria for, not all three.

This whole thing is a turd sammich.

But I will sleep like a baby tonight without a thought about Chauvin's plight.

He and his kneel cushion have f'ed us all.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This whole cluster $#@! from day one is like every episode of Breaking Bad condensed into one painful hour.

I have nobody to cheer for here...nobody to be in favor of...not even an anti-hero has emerged.

Everybody involved sucks ass and I want no part of any of it.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole cluster $#@! from day one is like every episode of Breaking Bad condensed into one painful hour.

I have nobody to cheer for here...nobody to be in favor of...not even an anti-hero has emerged.

Welcome to New York City.

The worst thing about it is, so much of the media is based there, and they have always been arrogant enough to assume the rest of us give a flying $#@! what goes on there.

Imagine how much nicer this nation would be if what happened in New York City stayed in New York City.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

The criminal defense attorney seemed okay. Go figure.
    -Stannis Baratheon

Even without those considerations, a 2nd degree murder charge seems a bit much. I haven't followed the case (at all), but I would doubt that there would be any evidence that the death was intentional.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

This is the camp I've been in since this started.

What about the mis-trial because of Maxine Waters? Will he appeal?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast