Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Organicism?

I'll give you two objects and see if you can tell me which is organic: a newborn baby and Frankenstein. If you guessed newborn baby, then you have a good hold of what organic means. That's easy. It gets difficult when you apply organic to things. Let's take two pieces of writing: your essay Super Organized Societies... and my essay The Rebirth of Story. Which of these lives and breaths and which one is Frankenstein?

Here's what I would tell you if you were one of my writing students. Start with a hook. Something peripheral you that can return to later. An essay should not be a brain dump. Also, cut extraneous words. Don't write sentences like "My observation has been that when confronted with the truth about freedom..." Leave out "My observation has been" Or better yet, say it in a more simple way. Your writing will be more organic. And you will be on your way to understanding organicism.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Oh dear... where to begin.

Let is ignore your appeal to authority fallacy. I, too, am a professional writer. I have written patents, design documents, architecture documents, project plans, contracts, test plans, executive summarys, screenplays, books, and so on down a fair list. What in hell does any of that have to do with the fact that you are not at all clear in your written style?

OK, so you're saying you're not? Finally, I understand you.

Good grief. You need to come back to this when you grow up. But be warned, you will have much over which to cringe.

You answered with nonsense self-contradiction and am now attempting to convince the world that your senseless ramblings represent some sort of esoteric wisdom.

Whatever floats your boat.

And yet another logical fallacy floated in the hand-waving attempt to obfuscate the fact that you make no good sense.

There's your problem - believing that your unspecified use of "organic" is semantically self-evident. You've got a lot to learn.

I also see no reason to take a tone. I asked a forthright question and your answers were not sensible. Seems your undies got in a knot for reasons I can only guess.
    Last edited by Meritocrat; 06-30-2021 at 03:29 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meritocrat View Post
    So you think that every time someone uses the word organic they are either using this definition or getting it wrong? You don't know that most words have more than one meaning? Please. Is this how you racked up 52 thousand posts since 2007.
    You apparently think your obscure usage of the word has "No Debate".

There is no need or benefit to debating a self evident term like organic
    I believe there is a Lot of room for Debate.. And a description of What the Phuck you mean by using the word.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meritocrat View Post
    I'll give you two objects and see if you can tell me which is organic: a newborn baby and Frankenstein. If you guessed newborn baby, then you have a good hold of what organic means. That's easy. It gets difficult when you apply organic to things. Let's take two pieces of writing: your essay Super Organized Societies... and my essay The Rebirth of Story. Which of these lives and breaths and which one is Frankenstein?
    I see a problem here. You seem to think that written style is somewhere as important as content. It is important to a point, but it takes a back seat to the valence of that about which one is writing; truth, accuracy, and sufficient completeness in those matters being of paramount importance.

Here's what I would tell you if you were one of my writing students.
    Judging by what I wrote, you'd count yourself fortunate to have me as your student. Don't hold your breath.

Start with a hook.
    I don't need a hook. I have a topic, but thanks for the advice.

Also, cut extraneous words. Don't write sentences like "My observation has been that when confronted with the truth about freedom..."
    My words are never extraneous. Unlike many, I take care to choose my words carefully. Your assumption about the quoted sentence fragment is full of FAIL, I must inform you. But if you don't care for my style, that is fine. Some like chocolate... But this attempt to find flaw with it on what you seem to be implying is a technical point is just sad. It seems like you are attempting to appear smarter than you actually are. If you are going to do that, you need to bring more game to the table than this. I am an analyst of long experience and a trained scientist who has been pulling apart far more cleverly constructed nonsense than this, by people whom I suspect would out-write you on their deathbeds as the angels of the hot place circled above them, as vultures in wait.

If you have something valid to say, then say it. Thus far, you have fallen on your face time and again, despite my efforts to leads you to better understanding.

Leave out "My observation has been" Or better yet, say it in a more simple way. Your writing will be more organic. And you will be on your way to understanding organicism.
    This is just a raft of baloney.

For the last time, I asked you a valid question and you have insisted on not answering directly, but only with more nonsense. You're not impressing anyone with an IQ, so sorry to say.

Unless you have something valid to say, I will no longer be responding to your posts because I have better things to do... like set myself on fire.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Here is an organic approach to Covid19: Vulnerable individuals can stay home and wear masks and social distance if they choose. Others can bolster their immune system through diet and outdoor exercise and vitamins such as D, C and Zinc. Get immunity through casual contact with asymptomatic carriers. Life goes on as normal.

Here's an inorganic approach: Try to force the world to get a leaky vaccine that is likely to create stronger variants. Lock down the economy. Give presidents and governors dictatorial powers. Paper over the loss of productive activity...

Organicism is the philosophy to sort out and make sense of what we are experiencing right now. It is consistent with laissez faire. It may not save the world but it can save individual members of it.

Thanks for your questions and comments, RPF and Reddit. Organicism Q& A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12