Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latin Kings vow revenge for Adam Toledo (13 y/o shot by police)

Latin Kings vow revenge for Adam Toledo (13 y/o shot by police)

https://meaww.com/adam-toledo-shooti...t-chicago-cops

I still don't think he should have been shot. But one has to wonder about "Reuben Roman", the 21 y/o that handed the gun he shot off to Adam right before Adam got chased by the police, and why his mother didn't report him missing even though he had been gone for 72 hours. Also, I guess now the name has to be changed from BLM to BLLM (Black and Latin Lives Matter)? Nobody has said this, but Adam wasn't black.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because a split second freeze frame image tells the whole story. The ultimate out of context propaganda picture.

“13 year old”. So convenient. Gotta always have members under 18 so there won’t be any consequences for their actions. Hand the gun to the “child”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I still don't think he should have been shot.
    If it had been a civilian who shot him, there would probably be a trial.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If it had been a civilian who shot him, there would probably be a trial.
    It would depend entirely upon whether the media got ahold of the story and politicized it. People are shot and killed every day all across the nation. Only a tiny sliver make it onto the propaganda box.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Because a split second freeze frame image tells the whole story. The ultimate out of context propaganda picture.
    I've watched the split second freeze frame. If you want to see the picture the police are concentrating on for there defense, here it is:

That doesn't change my view one iota. I always knew at some point the kid had a gun. It doesn't seem like he shot the gun as some have reported. But he put the gun down and turned around before being shot. And to be fair, I was also bothered by the white man who was shot last year after putting a gun down and raising his hands. Here is the video.

That stemmed from a false police report by a neighbor of a domestic dispute when all was going on was the man was playing video games (too loud?) with his girlfriend. I don't know if @Anti Federalist has this on his thread on the subject, but he should.

Here's my point. The "shoot first, ask questions later" approach that gets ingrained into (some) police is a danger, not just to young thugs that shouldn't be out that late at night, but also to law abiding citizens that police think may be breaking the law and be a threat.

“13 year old”. So convenient. Gotta always have members under 18 so there won’t be any consequences for their actions. Hand the gun to the “child”.
    I totally agree. I think the 21 y/o should be charged with felony murder. And I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the mom didn't even report her 13 y/o son missing for 72 hours.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I've watched the split second freeze frame. If you want to see the picture the police are concentrating on for there defense, here it is:

That doesn't change my view one iota. I always knew at some point the kid had a gun. It doesn't seem like he shot the gun as some have reported. But he put the gun down and turned around before being shot. And to be fair, I was also bothered by the white man who was shot last year after putting a gun down and raising his hands. Here is the video.

That stemmed from a false police report by a neighbor of a domestic dispute when all was going on was the man was playing video games (too loud?) with his girlfriend. I don't know if @Anti Federalist has this on his thread on the subject, but he should.

Here's my point. The "shoot first, ask questions later" approach that gets ingrained into (some) police is a danger, not just to young thugs that shouldn't be out that late at night, but also to law abiding citizens that police think may be breaking the law and be a threat.
    Agree that Police training needs reforming.

There are two relevant differences in those two cases. The kid was running from Police with a gun in his hand. The gun in his hand was obvious. He thought he would perform a magic trick of now you see it, now you don’t. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. And IIRC, the police shot tracker heard the shot fired, so it was not just the word of an anonymous caller.

In the other case, the guy just stepped out of his own home, he was not fleeing. And he immediately put the gun down. They shot him anyway. Obviously the Police excuse will be exactly the same. They thought the person was going to shoot them. But the situations were different.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-18-2021 at 12:37 PM.

... And I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the mom didn't even report her 13 y/o son missing for 72 hours.
    IMHO, I’d guess that’s because his mother, his fellow gang members and others saw him as an adult, despite all of the pictures that the media show of him from 3 years ago. The law sees him as underage, which is just a loophole exploited by gangs.

IMHO, I’d guess that’s because his mother, his fellow gang members and others saw him as an adult, despite all of the pictures that the media show of him from 3 years ago. The law sees him as underage, which is just a loophole exploited by gangs.
    Ummm....I care not for the pictures of the media. He is 13 years old. I remember my sons at 13. I've worked with a lot of 13 year olds. Some were troubled teens. Some were gang members. Many were sexually active, smoked weed etc. All were children whether they realized it or not. All could easily be manipulated by adults for good or for bad whether they realized it or not. And yes, the adults in this boy's life sucked ass.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Agree that Police training needs reforming.

There are two relevant differences in those two cases. The kid was running from Police with a gun in his hand. The gun in his hand was obvious. He thought he would perform a magic trick of now you see it, now you don’t. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. And IIRC, the police shot tracker heard the shot fired, so it was not just the word of an anonymous caller.

In the other case, the guy just stepped out of his own home, he was not fleeing. And he immediately put the gun down. They shot him anyway. Obviously the Police excuse will be exactly the same. They thought the person was going to shoot them. But the situations were different.
    Of course the circumstances are different, but not in the way that makes the law abiding citizen any safer. Domestic calls are notorious for being dangerous. That's why there was an officer or either side of the door. And someone coming out of a door or around a corner can be an extremely dangerous situation. So, like you said, "the police excuse will be exactly the same." Only when there start being real consequences when the police kill or maim someone who is not actually a threat, rather than just a perceived threat, will there be change. And note that not every case should result in a conviction. Some cases should result in a termination. Records should be kept to see if certain officers have repeated complaints. And officers who actually do a good job should be financially rewarded. Here is the "Dick Gregory" plan for police reform.

Most amusing in all this is this kid's mom has a gofundme. Wonder if people who donate to a gang member who shot at someone will get doxxed and shamed like people who donated to Rittenhouse.

So donating to bailout rioters in Minneapolis and donating to a gang member is okay. Donating to a guy fighting domestic terrorism is bad. Got it.

His "Just Do It" t-shirt seems appropriate
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

...I remember my sons at 13. I've worked with a lot of 13 year olds. Some were troubled teens. Some were gang members. Many were sexually active, smoked weed etc. All were children whether they realized it or not. All could easily be manipulated by adults for good or for bad whether they realized it or not. ...
    Most of us were teens at one point, and remember exactly what we were up to (your mileage may vary). We thought we were adults. We thought we knew it all. It's not until you get older that you realize you didn't know it all. And yes, they can be manipulated, which is why the Marxists wanted and took control of the education system.

I think everybody agrees he shouldn't have been shot, and besides his family, probably no one more than the officer himself.. the question is whether the police officer should be liable. We can all sit here and watch the tapes over and over, we can do freeze frames to determine that .8 seconds transpired between the time he was shown with a gun, and the time he got shot. We can all play armchair police in the safety of our home. The problem is, the police officer saw he had a gun in his hand, and he started raising his hands and then he shot him. In the heat of the moment, with tensions high, it is difficult to fault the officer.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

He shouldn’t have turned around to face the officer, drop the gun, put hands up and don’t move.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He shouldn’t have turned around to face the officer, drop the gun, put hands up and don’t move.
    Or even before that:

-He shouldn't have been out at 2:30 am.
    -He shouldn't have been involved in shooting a gun at 2:30 am in the streets.
    -He shouldn't have run.

And I'm a bit bothered by the fact that the mom didn't even report her 13 y/o son missing for 72 hours.
    Bothered that she didn't report it to whom?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    Bothered that she didn't report it to whom?
    To the police? Her underage son was missing. Shouldn't she have been concerned? I would have been...but that's just me I guess.

To the police? Her underage son was missing. Shouldn't she have been concerned? I would have been...but that's just me I guess.
    I think he lives on another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Most amusing in all this is this kid's mom has a gofundme. Wonder if people who donate to a gang member who shot at someone will get doxxed and shamed like people who donated to Rittenhouse.

So donating to bailout rioters in Minneapolis and donating to a gang member is okay. Donating to a guy fighting domestic terrorism is bad. Got it.
    The evidence points to the 21 y/o having done the shooting and then passing the gun off to the 13 y/o as a patsy. That said, The Young Turks were asinine to attack and doxx people for donating to Rittenhouse. But a lot of people really don't know about the case. Here is a conversation I had in the comments section on YouTube.

Other Guy: White people want to and get to police black people.

Me: You know that everyone Kyle shot was white right? And the first white person Kyle shot had repeatedly called Kyle the n-word. That in itself is not a reason to shoot someone, but Kyle didn't shoot him until he chased Kyle down and tried to take his gun.

Other Guy: Ok, no I did not know that. I withdraw any point regarding race in this case. Actually my mind was on the bird watcher in central park, and I have made an untrue association with race in this case.

Most of us were teens at one point, and remember exactly what we were up to (your mileage may vary). We thought we were adults. We thought we knew it all. It's not until you get older that you realize you didn't know it all. And yes, they can be manipulated, which is why the Marxists wanted and took control of the education system.
    I hope there's nobody adolescent or younger posting here. This place is a madhouse. I would want to steer them clear of @Danke. . Seriously though, you are 100% right. And that's the scary part. Teens are often at the stage where they need the most guidance but realize this the least. People want to grow up to fast unfortunately. And sometimes the are forced to grow up to fast because of hard times or because their parents just suck.

His "Just Do It" t-shirt seems appropriate
    It is a clear case of suicide by cop.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I think he lives on another planet.
    Which one? The guy who thinks sitting around with your thumb up your ass when your teen is missing is unfathomable, or the one who thinks siccing the cops on him is unforgivably irresponsible?

I don't know if there's a good answer or not. But I don't like either of those answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think everybody agrees he shouldn't have been shot, and besides his family, probably no one more than the officer himself.. the question is whether the police officer should be liable. We can all sit here and watch the tapes over and over, we can do freeze frames to determine that .8 seconds transpired between the time he was shown with a gun, and the time he got shot. We can all play armchair police in the safety of our home. The problem is, the police officer saw he had a gun in his hand, and he started raising his hands and then he shot him. In the heat of the moment, with tensions high, it is difficult to fault the officer.
    The parts that I have in bold are why things like this keep happening.

I agree with @Brian4Liberty that the two cases are different because the man in the above video hadn't broken any laws. But as Brian also pointed out, the cops in both scenarios were and are likely to get off for the same reasons. And I get it. Who wants to put a cop in prison for a simple mistake? But there has to be something in between zero accountability and prison. That is what Dick Gregory was trying to get at in the video I posted. Here it is again:

Forget for a moment that you probably disagree with Dick Gregory about the race angle of the problem and look at his solution to the problem. Give police something valuable for their service. (Free college for their children was his example). License police. Then if they don't perform up to standard they lose their license. Note that he never mentioned prison for police or even civil liability. Granted the ditzy (or homicidal) lady cop who mistook a gun for a taser is an easier case. Clearly she shouldn't be a cop. A case like Adam Toledo or the cop that shot the guy in the door of his apartment should at least count as a strike against someone's record if not a straight out ban. You had the case in Tulia Texas of the dirty cop who went around framing black people for drugs. He had been caught perjuring himself in other jurisdictions. That should have resulted in his losing his license to be a police officer before he had a chance to harm anyone else. And yes, victims of police violence could often mitigate the circumstances. @Danke is right that the boy probably shouldn't have turned around (though I might not of thought of that), and Brian is right that he shouldn't have been out at 2:30 am hanging with a gun toting and shooting gang member. On the flip side the guy at his apartment could have had a peephole. Or if he had opened his door just a crack he might have been able to see and identify who was outside without them seeing he had a firearm. From the police side, maybe if the cop in the Toledo case had said "Don't turn around. Put the gun down and put your hands up." the kid might have followed those instructions and still been alive. With the guy at the apartment complex...did they do enough to make their presence known? The man who was shot obviously didn't know they were cops.

The parts that I have in bold are why things like this keep happening.

I agree with @Brian4Liberty that the two cases are different because the man in the above video hadn't broken any laws. But as Brian also pointed out, the cops in both scenarios were and are likely to get off for the same reasons. And I get it. Who wants to put a cop in prison for a simple mistake? But there has to be something in between zero accountability and prison. That is what Dick Gregory was trying to get at in the video I posted. Here it is again:

Forget for a moment that you probably disagree with Dick Gregory about the race angle of the problem and look at his solution to the problem. Give police something valuable for their service. (Free college for their children was his example). License police. Then if they don't perform up to standard they lose their license. Note that he never mentioned prison for police or even civil liability. Granted the ditzy (or homicidal) lady cop who mistook a gun for a taser is an easier case. Clearly she shouldn't be a cop. A case like Adam Toledo or the cop that shot the guy in the door of his apartment should at least count as a strike against someone's record if not a straight out ban. You had the case in Tulia Texas of the dirty cop who went around framing black people for drugs. He had been caught perjuring himself in other jurisdictions. That should have resulted in his losing his license to be a police officer before he had a chance to harm anyone else. And yes, victims of police violence could often mitigate the circumstances. @Danke is right that the boy probably shouldn't have turned around (though I might not of thought of that), and Brian is right that he shouldn't have been out at 2:30 am hanging with a gun toting and shooting gang member. On the flip side the guy at his apartment could have had a peephole. Or if he had opened his door just a crack he might have been able to see and identify who was outside without them seeing he had a firearm. From the police side, maybe if the cop in the Toledo case had said "Don't turn around. Put the gun down and put your hands up." the kid might have followed those instructions and still been alive. With the guy at the apartment complex...did they do enough to make their presence known? The man who was shot obviously didn't know they were cops.
    Cops are pussies. Simultaneously, they are treated like heroes.

At least one has to change.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My situation may be different. I have 4 kids and guns in my house. I can guarantee that they won't be shooting off a gun at night and running from the cops. Call it privilege or good parenting, whatever...

If I was having problems with my child misbehaving, there is no way in hell, I will call the cops on them-- or anyone I love.

If my child is missing for 72 hours, yes, I am calling the cops. Any parent claiming they wouldn't is a keyboard "anarchist" blowing smoke the size of a nuclear mushroom cloud or did such a poor job of raising of raising their kids that they know they are doing something that will get them shot or they possibly live in an ivory tower on another planet

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Which one? The guy who thinks sitting around with your thumb up your ass when your teen is missing is unfathomable, or the one who thinks siccing the cops on him is unforgivably irresponsible?

I don't know if there's a good answer or not. But I don't like either of those answers.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post

Okay.

My situation may be different. I have 4 kids and guns in my house. I can guarantee that they won't be shooting off a gun at night and running from the cops. Call it privilege or good parenting, whatever...

If I was having problems with my child misbehaving, there is no way in hell, I will call the cops on them-- or anyone I love.

If my child is missing for 72 hours, yes, I am calling the cops. Any parent claiming they wouldn't is a keyboard "anarchist" blowing smoke the size of a nuclear mushroom cloud or did such a poor job of raising of raising their kids that they know they are doing something that will get them shot or they possibly live in an ivory tower on another planet
    ^This. While we never had any guns in the home, our kids, while not perfect, were not even close to being "street." So yeah, if either of them were missing at 13 for 72 hours my ex-wife and I would have totally freaked. Funny story. Not too long after I moved out I stopped by to take them to Dairy Queen. They were so excited they forgot to shut the front door. My phone battery was low and it died. So did theirs. We came back an hour or so later and there were cops in their yard. My ex came up to me all mad and said "We're going to have our first fight ever." (I'm thinking "How can this be our first fight since? After all we're divorced!) But I decided not to give her the fight she thought she was going to get. So I let her rant. She thought the kids had been kidnapped because they weren't at the house, the front door was open and she couldn't raise any of us on our phones. I was like "Okay." Mind you when I was their age my brother and I would occasionally ride our bikes several miles from our home to our aunt's home and not worry about being kidnapped or hit by a vehicle or any of that. As long as we were home by a certain time (not 72 hours of course) everything was okay. Occasionally after that, just to rib my ex, I'd bring that incident up and say "You know that never made sense that you were upset about that" and she'd go off for about 15 seconds. We get along much better now.

Anyway, while I admire the agorist philosophy, which does not require you to be an anarchist, I'm not the type of person that wouldn't call on government if needed. If my house was on fire I wouldn't call my friends up to bring some buckets. I'd call 911. But that's just me.

If my house was on fire I wouldn't call my friends up to bring some buckets. I'd call 911. But that's just me.
    $#@!ing statist.
    - Kim Kardashian

$#@!ing statist.
    LOL

Yeah, 72 hours would drive anyone to desperate measures. Except, apparently, this woman.

If there's a logical explanation for mama in this case, this pretty much has to be it:

...or did such a poor job of raising of raising their kids that they know they are doing something that will get them shot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Also, I won't pretend to be an angel. I did a s--- load of dumbass teen stuff, but...

...maybe it's because I hunted animals for food. I saw what a gunshot did. So I did not mess with guns in a way that would harm others and I did not mess with other people with guns, including cops.
    Last edited by RJB; 04-18-2021 at 08:06 PM.

I haven't followed the story and don't know the facts. But not reporting his being missing to the police doesn't automatically mean that she wasn't concerned or that she didn't report it to anybody at all. Just that she didn't report it to the people who ended up being the ones who killed him. If she had other people in her life that she turned to for the kind of help that many other people see as the job of the police, it's possible that she had good reason for that.

It's also possible that she was a terrible mother who was unconcerned about her missing son. I'm in no position to say either way. But there are other reasonable explanations for not turning to the government for help besides that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast