Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Latin Kings vow revenge for Adam Toledo (13 y/o shot by police)

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Anyway, while I admire the agorist philosophy, which does not require you to be an anarchist, I'm not the type of person that wouldn't call on government if needed. If my house was on fire I wouldn't call my friends up to bring some buckets. I'd call 911. But that's just me.
    For what it's worth, I'm not that person either. The cops wouldn't be the first people I'd call if my son was missing. But it would be a lot less than 72 hours before I did resort to that. But I also understand why some people may have more of a reason to expect a poor outcome from getting the cops involved in that situation than I do.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Or even before that:

-He shouldn't have been out at 2:30 am.
    -He shouldn't have been involved in shooting a gun at 2:30 am in the streets.
    -He shouldn't have run.
    Or even before that:

-He shouldn't have been allowed in this country
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Also, I won't pretend to be an angel. I did a s--- load of dumbass teen stuff, but...

...maybe it's because I hunted animals for food. I saw what a gunshot did. So I did not mess with guns in a way that would harm others and I did not mess with other people with guns, including cops.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJB again.

True. This 13 y/o could have easily gotten killed by another gang banger and it wouldn't have been anything but a blip on the news. There are lots of issues to look at. I got into a lot of mischief as a youngster too. And my parents weren't perfect. But at least they were parents.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    I haven't followed the story and don't know the facts. But not reporting his being missing to the police doesn't automatically mean that she wasn't concerned or that she didn't report it to anybody at all. Just that she didn't report it to the people who ended up being the ones who killed him. If she had other people in her life that she turned to for the kind of help that many other people see as the job of the police, it's possible that she had good reason for that.

It's also possible that she was a terrible mother who was unconcerned about her missing son. I'm in no position to say either way. But there are other reasonable explanations for not turning to the government for help besides that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    For what it's worth, I'm not that person either. The cops wouldn't be the first people I'd call if my son was missing. But it would be a lot less than 72 hours before I did resort to that. But I also understand why some people may have more of a reason to expect a poor outcome from getting the cops involved in that situation than I do.
    Fair enough. I have known single mothers who felt powerless to keep their kids out of gangs. She might have just hoped for the best as he was "hanging with the homies." (I am assuming she was a single mother because nobody has mentioned a father in this story.)

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I think everybody agrees he shouldn't have been shot, and besides his family, probably no one more than the officer himself.. the question is whether the police officer should be liable. We can all sit here and watch the tapes over and over, we can do freeze frames to determine that .8 seconds transpired between the time he was shown with a gun, and the time he got shot. We can all play armchair police in the safety of our home. The problem is, the police officer saw he had a gun in his hand, and he started raising his hands and then he shot him. In the heat of the moment, with tensions high, it is difficult to fault the officer.
    I'm not exactly pro police, but taking the footage at face value I would probably not convict the officer if I were a juror. The fact is that the officer responded to a gunshot call, the person clearly had a gun, and the fast, hands-up movement was obviously misconstrued as threatening. My biggest complaint is that civilians shouldn't be held to a higher standard when they defend themselves with lethal force.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

To the police? Her underage son was missing. Shouldn't she have been concerned? I would have been...but that's just me I guess.
    As a lawyer, you might have a better understanding, but when I see parents charged with murdering their kids a lot of the initial suspicion comes from not reporting their children missing for too long. Even the media savages them.

My kids, until they were 16, had to be in by the time the street lights went on. This never happened but if they were still missing when midnight struck and I had called all their friends parents and had nowhere else to look, I would have called the cops within a few hours of them missing. I would be near panic mode.

Also, I turn 50 this year and have never called the police in my life. Any of my kids missing would definitely be a rare time to do that. As a former volunteer firefighter, I walked a line through the woods searching for missing people a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Or even before that:

-He shouldn't have been allowed in this country
    Well, the Latin Kings are a good old fashioned American gang, as opposed to most of the other ones like MS-13.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Because a split second freeze frame image tells the whole story. The ultimate out of context propaganda picture.

“13 year old”. So convenient. Gotta always have members under 18 so there won’t be any consequences for their actions. Hand the gun to the “child”.
    I think everybody agrees he shouldn't have been shot, and besides his family, probably no one more than the officer himself.. the question is whether the police officer should be liable. We can all sit here and watch the tapes over and over, we can do freeze frames to determine that .8 seconds transpired between the time he was shown with a gun, and the time he got shot. We can all play armchair police in the safety of our home. The problem is, the police officer saw he had a gun in his hand, and he started raising his hands and then he shot him. In the heat of the moment, with tensions high, it is difficult to fault the officer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    He shouldn’t have turned around to face the officer, drop the gun, put hands up and don’t move.
    Or even before that:

-He shouldn't have been out at 2:30 am.
    -He shouldn't have been involved in shooting a gun at 2:30 am in the streets.
    -He shouldn't have run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    I'm not exactly pro police, but taking the footage at face value I would probably not convict the officer if I were a juror. The fact is that the officer responded to a gunshot call, the person clearly had a gun, and the fast, hands-up movement was obviously misconstrued as threatening. My biggest complaint is that civilians shouldn't be held to a higher standard when they defend themselves with lethal force.
    I just FINALLY watched a video that had the clip of the officer's instructions and not just the "freeze frame" people keep talking about. Right before the shooting occured the officer said "Show my your f--king hands! Drop it! Drop it!"

Yeah, I get that he shouldn't have been out at 2:30 am. I get that he shouldn't have been gang banging. I get that he shouldn't have let that 21 year old who shot the gun hand it to him. Yeah "play stupid games...when stupid prizes." Okay. Got it. High stress situation. Got it. The kid shouldn't have turned around? If someone told me to put my hands in the air okay. But if someone told me to "Show me your hands" my first thought is you want to see the PALMS of my hands. It's possible to hold something in the palm of your hand even if your hand is outstretched. Even a gun.

Yeah...^that gun is an antique and maybe there is no modern equivalent. Regardless, that is not an uncommon instruction for police to give. A quick google search and I found this article. https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...229407089.html

“What I’d like to see is, ‘Show me your hands, let me see your palms. OK, now this is what I need you to do,’ ” Putney said. “That would be the ideal.”

I am not saying this officer should be convicted for this shooting. I am saying those instructions were confusing.

If I'd been in this situation. A miscreant in the early morning hours popping off shots on my property or in my neighborhood. If I'd witnessed the gun in the right hand as he turned quickly towards me... I'd have dropped him.

$#@! anyone that has a problem with that.

I just FINALLY watched a video that had the clip of the officer's instructions and not just the "freeze frame" people keep talking about. Right before the shooting occured the officer said "Show my your f--king hands! Drop it! Drop it!"
    Ya, I know, which tells us the officer saw the gun... and instead of dropping the gun or placing it in front of him so the officer could see that he dropped it, he threw it behind his back behind the fence and put his hands, up and the officer thought it was still in his hand..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya, I know, which tells us the officer saw the gun... and instead of dropping the gun or placing it in front of him so the officer could see that he dropped it, he threw it behind his back behind the fence and put his hands, up and the officer thought it was still in his hand..
    Ummmm...okay. With his back to the officer, the only way he could have "placed it in front of him so that the officer could see" was to turn around with the gun in his hand. He put the gun down in front of him. But you see it as you see it.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-19-2021 at 10:38 PM.

Ummmm...okay. With his back to the officer, the only way he could have "placed it in front of him so that the officer could see" was to turn around with the gun in his hand. He put the gun down in front of him. But you see it as you see it.
    No, he didn't. He threw it behind the fence, you can see where he tossed it in the video.

If the officer saw the gun hit the ground, he wouldn't have shot.. he saw the gun in his hand, then he saw his hands being raised.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

No, he didn't. He threw it behind the fence, you can see where he tossed it in the video.

If the officer saw the gun hit the ground, he wouldn't have shot.. he saw the gun in his hand, then he saw his hands being raised.
    The fence was in front of him. So...yes he did. If there hadn't been a fence it's still quite likely the cop wouldn't not have seen the gun if he dropped it...tossed it...whatever in front of him when he had his back to the officer.

The fence was in front of him. So...yes he did. If there hadn't been a fence it's still quite likely the cop wouldn't not have seen the gun if he dropped it...tossed it...whatever in front of him when he had his back to the officer.
    You are a great armchair quarterback. Given what I saw n tape I'd have fired. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    You are a great armchair quarterback. Given what I saw n tape I'd have fired. Period.
    Okay. Your decision pal. Now say if, for whatever reason, you found yourself in the kid's position. No I'm sure you wouldn't have been out at 2:30 AM hanging with a gang banger. But you heard the shot, went out with your gun to investigate like you said, and you heard behind you "Drop the gun and show me your hands."

Okay. Your decision pal. Now say if, for whatever reason, you found yourself in the kid's position. No I'm sure you wouldn't have been out at 2:30 AM hanging with a gang banger. But you heard the shot, went out with your gun to investigate like you said, and you heard behind you "Drop the gun and show me your hands."
    Kid should never had been in kids position. If parents kept track he might not have been out. If parents had driven Latin King $#@!ers from their neighborhood, he might not have joined.
    No body taught him. Gunshots and a running rabbit brings wolves.
    Could have thrown it down at ANY point in the chase. Chose not to until the end when it made all the difference in the world.
    Could have told his Cabron to go pound sand when he passed the gun off.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, esse $#@!ed up that night. Buenas noches.

ETA: I put 0% on the cop. I'd have shot the kid under the same or similar circumstances. Why the $#@! is blame going to be laid where it shouldn't be? WHY THE $#@! do parents allow gangs to operate in their neighborhoods? WHY THE $#@! do they allow their kids to join them? This $#@! went down with neighborhood parent consent. It happened because they allowed it to.

This is ALL on the neighborhood. The People. Period.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-20-2021 at 12:52 AM.

Kid should never had been in kids position. If parents kept track he might not have been out. If parents had driven Latin King $#@!ers from their neighborhood, he might not have joined.
    No body taught him. Gunshots and a running rabbit brings wolves.
    Could have thrown it down at ANY point in the chase. Chose not to until the end when it made all the difference in the world.
    Could have told his Cabron to go pound sand when he passed the gun off.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, esse $#@!ed up that night. Buenas noches.

ETA: I put 0% on the cop. I'd have shot the kid under the same or similar circumstances. Why the $#@! is blame going to be laid where it shouldn't be? WHY THE $#@! do parents allow gangs to operate in their neighborhoods? WHY THE $#@! do they allow their kids to join them? This $#@! went down with neighborhood parent consent. It happened because they allowed it to.

This is ALL on the neighborhood. The People. Period.
    So rather than answer my actual question you go on a rant about things nobody disagrees with you on. Whatever dude.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-20-2021 at 01:26 AM.

So rather than answer my actual question you go on a rant about things nobody disagrees with you on. Whatever dude.
    OK, re-reading, you are asking what I would do, if I went out with my firearm and someone behind me said "Drop the gun?"

Is that it?

Because, it's simple, I'd drop my gun.

Number one: They have the drop on me.

Number two: If someone is ordering me to drop my gun they aren't in the execution business.

Or I'd already be dead.

But, do not pass by the real enablers of this death. Parents. Community.

If parents and community were responsible citizens you wouldn't need cops.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-20-2021 at 01:30 AM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, re-reading, you are asking what I would do, if I went out with my firearm and someone behind me said "Drop the gun?"

Is that it?
    The full question is if they said "Drop the gun and show me your hands?" Yes you would drop the gun. Some have suggested if he dropped the gun, but didn't turn around, he'd be alive. And yes I know that if he wasn't out at 2:30 am he'd still be alive. And if he wasn't hanging with a gang banger he'd still be alive. I've said that....repeatedly.

Because, it's simple, I'd drop my gun.

Number one: They have the drop on me.

Number two: If someone is ordering me to drop my gun they aren't in the execution business.

Or I'd already be dead.

But, do not pass by the real enablers of this death. Parents. Community.
    I don't know if you have really followed what I've said on the subject, but I've been harsh on his mom who didn't know where he was for 72 hours (though I get the explaination that she might have been afraid to call the police) and the gang banger he was with. I'm not sure what the "community" in general has to do with it. But maybe I'm missing something.

The full question is if they said "Drop the gun and show me your hands?" Yes you would drop the gun. Some have suggested if he dropped the gun, but didn't turn around, he'd be alive. And yes I know that if he wasn't out at 2:30 am he'd still be alive. And if he wasn't hanging with a gang banger he'd still be alive. I've said that....repeatedly.

I don't know if you have really followed what I've said on the subject, but I've been harsh on his mom who didn't know where he was for 72 hours (though I get the explaination that she might have been afraid to call the police) and the gang banger he was with. I'm not sure what the "community" in general has to do with it. But maybe I'm missing something.
    I'd drop the gun. Put my hands out to the side and await further instruction.

So we're straight?

Ain't about being harsh on moms. It's about putting it solely on her and her community.

It's not chicken or egg $#@!.

Eliminate crime in your neighborhood, you don't need cops.

I'd drop the gun. Put my hands out to the side and await further instruction.

So we're straight?

Ain't about being harsh on moms. It's about putting it solely on her and her community.

It's not chicken or egg $#@!.

Eliminate crime in your neighborhood, you don't need cops.
    My first thought in all of these cases is "where are/were the parents?"

Few people if any want to talk about that though. It's not an easy-to-fix thing and you don't get any votes by pointing out that young men with no positive male role models in their life are statistically far more likely to end up in situations just like this kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

First you freeze for at least one full second. Everything after this point you do very slowly. You point the gun at the ground, and slowly lower it, then let it go onto the ground where the officer can see it. Then you slow put both of your hands at knee level, fingers extended, and raise them slowly as you stand up over your head, palms extended, and then you can place them behind your neck. Follow any other instructions given.

Haven't you ever seen James Bond or something?

Your story about what happened in the last post wasn't correct. I didn't say whether he was standing in front or behind the fence, he was standing next to it. He threw the gun behind the fence from the officer's perspective, so it was out of view, and put his hands up in .8 seconds, which, since the officer saw the gun in his hand .8 seconds before that, and did not see the gun fall to the ground or be placed on the ground, assumed the gun was coming up with his hands. We have the luxury of watching the video over and over, he didn't. The gun was behind the fence, the officer couldn't see it. It was tossed and end up about 5 feet away, behind the fence, it's in the video.
    Last edited by dannno; 04-20-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Very understandable that he would think it was still in his hand. This is the essence of many magic tricks. Slight of hand, meant to fool people. He fooled the cop. The cop thought it was still in his hand.

It seems to me that the kid did not comprehend the dangerous situation he was in. He was being a smart ass instead.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The full question is if they said "Drop the gun and show me your hands?" Yes you would drop the gun. Some have suggested if he dropped the gun, but didn't turn around, he'd be alive.
    I'd agree. He was running away. If he stopped with his back to the cop, put out his hands and clearly dropped the gun to the ground, he would probably still be alive.

Swinging around towards the cop with a gun in hand almost guarantees being shot in that situation.

https://twitter.com/fox32news/status...97146650370049
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12