Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over Half of Liberal White Women Mentally Ill

Exclamation Over Half of Liberal White Women Mentally Ill

Pew: Over Half of Liberal White Women Mentally Ill

https://magazine.whatfinger.com/view/?linkid=176734

It took a while, but the results of a Pew Research Center study released a year ago have come to light, revealing that over half of liberal white women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition.

Evie Magazine learned about it on Twitter and breaks the belated news:

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even “very liberal.” What’s more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.

Evie calls for compassion:

It’s truly unfortunate that so many women are facing these kinds of issues, and that this prevalence of mental illness among progressive women might be being weaponized for political purposes.

Still more unfortunate is that the country is ruled by the tyrannical fools they vote for.

Maybe moonbattery causes the mental illness, rather than vice versa:

There’s also the unrelenting focus on oppression, verbal violence, and micro-aggressions. We know that building resiliency against hardship is the best weapon against depression and anxiety, yet progressive ideology forces its followers to wallow in feelings of helplessness and victimhood.

The reasons to reject wokism are without number.

1/n Two interesting findings thus far from my analysis of Pew's March 2020 COVID-19 survey. First, white (and especially 'very') liberals are far more likely than all other ideological-racial subgroups to report being diagnosed with a mental health condition. pic.twitter.com/RynS9lk0jR

— Zach Goldberg (@ZachG932) April 11, 2020

2/n Somewhat surprisingly, this difference further grows when we add standard controls pic.twitter.com/2VM3DD2HJI

— Zach Goldberg (@ZachG932) April 11, 2020

Whether liberalism should be medically defined as a mental illness may be debatable, but there is no question that liberalism and mental illness are at the very least correlated among Caucasians.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The other half are Undiagnosed.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    The other half are Undiagnosed.
    LMAO.

Perhaps the study needs more study.

In my experience, many a “conservative white women” are equally as Mentally Ill, kicking and screaming for the likes of Romney 2012, chanting Trump was “sent by God”, and chastise me in front of everybody at committee meetings when I call for an end to TSA, state that Operation Warp speed is a Gates agenda, and more Debt and Police State Apparatus are implemented during Republican administrations. They view me as a liberal plant, and refuse to even glance at the On the Records that I take the time to compile, print and pass out - they end up balled up and thrown into the garbage can.

That’s my 12 year study. And it is sound.

An Agorist Primer ~ Samuel Edward Konkin III (free PDF download)

The End of All Evil ~ Jeremy Locke (free PDF download)

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Perhaps the study needs more study.

In my experience, many a “conservative white women” are equally as Mentally Ill, kicking and screaming for the likes of Romney 2012, chanting Trump was “sent by God”, and chastise me in front of everybody at committee meetings when I call for an end to TSA, state that Operation Warp speed is a Gates agenda, and more Debt and Police State Apparatus are implemented during Republican administrations. They view me as a liberal plant, and refuse to even glance at the On the Records that I take the time to compile, print and pass out - they end up balled up and thrown into the garbage can.

That’s my 12 year study. And it is sound.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

This isn't a new study, this was discussed at some length somewhere else before. (And, by clicking on the link, there was the original story written November 2020).

Also, the headline is wrong. It's not over half of liberal white women who are crazy, it's YOUNG white women who are crazy. The article points this out.

I'm not saying the study is old, dated or irrelevant because of age, just that this was talked about last year or the year before.

There's a chart in the original study and the last time there was an article, what was also showed was that blacks didn't have this problem with crazy, just whites.

Also one of the findings was that very conservative was more crazy than conservative. I believe it was very liberal, liberal, moderate, very conservative, conservative, from most crazy to less crazy.

But, yes, young white, very liberal women are the most crazy of all, and that they're up over 50% crazy.

I suspect that young white very liberal women are more likely to be seeking some sort of diagnosis of crazy, while all the others are trying to avoid that diagnosis. They're the ones who are rushing to a shrink for pills to take, others aren't . And, it's not that they're the only ones who are seeking a diagnosis and seeking pills, but they're doing that the most.

It seems like our younger Karens should be given prescriptions for the marijuana since it seems that it would help them a bunch to chill out.
    Last edited by parocks; 04-17-2021 at 10:25 AM.

I don't know if the stats in the OP are accurate but I hear about it often.

My SO is pretty socially progressive (and fiscally conservative) and even she complains constantly about her 29 year old super-woke blond white female employee. According to the stories I hear, the super-woke is basically just a passive-aggressive narcissist who uses her super-woke status to bully others and avoid any criticisms of her own work and productivity.

The other day, super-woke was receiving criticism from my SO about her lack of productivity. Super-woke immediately avoided the topic by accusing the C-level of the org, which my SO is a member of, of not being diverse enough and what does my SO plan to do about it? It was her immediate response to the direct criticism. These super-wokester females use it a defense mechanism to immediately switch their "opponent" to the defensive position, instead of themselves, so the wokester never has to address their own shortcomings and just skates along. I don't think they really even care about equality or the other buzzwords. It's just a defense mechanism for the extreme narcissism that social media has successfully cultivated in that demographic group.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Hey now, she's the only currently serving GA representative that actually knows what she stands for. The rest are just empty suits and pale in comparison as far as conviction goes.

(could we do better?: yes)
    (is she the best we got?: again, yes)
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    FWIW its says so in the very first line:

but the results of a Pew Research Center study released a year ago have come to light

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    This isn't a new study, this was discussed at some length somewhere else before. (And, by clicking on the link, there was the original story written November 2020).

Also, the headline is wrong. It's not over half of liberal white women who are crazy, it's YOUNG white women who are crazy. The article points this out.

I'm not saying the study is old, dated or irrelevant because of age, just that this was talked about last year or the year before.

There's a chart in the original study and the last time there was an article, what was also showed was that blacks didn't have this problem with crazy, just whites.

Also one of the findings was that very conservative was more crazy than conservative. I believe it was very liberal, liberal, moderate, very conservative, conservative, from most crazy to less crazy.

But, yes, young white, very liberal women are the most crazy of all, and that they're up over 50% crazy.

I suspect that young white very liberal women are more likely to be seeking some sort of diagnosis of crazy, while all the others are trying to avoid that diagnosis. They're the ones who are rushing to a shrink for pills to take, others aren't . And, it's not that they're the only ones who are seeking a diagnosis and seeking pills, but they're doing that the most.

It seems like our younger Karens should be given prescriptions for the marijuana since it seems that it would help them a bunch to chill out.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Right now, it's hard to see how more (younger) people aren't mentally ill. Combine woke Marxist victimhood brainwashing and gender confusion, internet influences causing insecurity and FOMO, coddled and spoiled, and now germophobia and Covid hysteria. It takes a strong independent woman to withstand all of that.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-17-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Antianxiety, antidepressants, etc. probably add to that, especially if prescribed when young. They don't learn to mentally deal with real hardships. I know a few people in their 20s and 30s who are absolutely worthless. They can't make decisions, apply for a job, etc.and they have been on this crap since childhood.

When I was a teen, even the potheads could hold down a job. These pharma mood pills are really screwing up this generation.

I learned from my Dad that the cure for about every thing was hard work . Then I learned on my own a bottle of aspirin and bourbon would take care of most of my medical problems . I learned from Mrs O what my flaws are . These things also summarize a lot of what is wrong with young people. If your already soft ,lazy and stupid , unable to think for yourself you sure as hell dont need any pharma meds. You need to get your ass to work .
    Do something Danke

Leftists are unhappier in general. It turns out focusing on all the perceived ills in the world and counting other people's money is a recipe for misery.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...9265661100170X

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Right now, it's hard to see how more (younger) people aren't mentally ill. Combine woke Marxist victimhood brainwashing and gender confusion, internet influences causing insecurity and FOMO, coddled and spoiled, and now germophobia and Covid hysteria. It takes a strong independent woman to withstand all of that.
    It takes an extreme intellectual openess or just a random accident to being exposed to good ideas for anyone under 30 to believe in freedom and inherent goodness of free enterprise.

Hold on. Women are crazy? STOP THE PRESSES!!!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

100% is over half.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like this is a confirmation that liberalism is a mental disorder.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Meh. Psychiatry is problematic enough as it is, without injecting politics into it - and vice versa.

Whether or to what extent psychiatry is actually just a bunch of hoodoo gussied up as "science" is an issue about which volumes could be written.

Science requires rigorous definitions and objectively reproducible measurements. These are things in which the field of psychiatry is severely deficient.

But for the sake of what follows, let us assume that psychiatry is not just another instance of overweening scientism.

Did the study account for how likely members of the various groups (liberal, conservative, male, female, young, old, etc.) were to seek psychiatric diagnoses in the first place?

For example, is it the case that young liberal white women are, for whatever reasons, more likely to seek psychiatric diagnoses? If so, then it can hardly be surprising, let alone considered meaningful, if they end up getting more positive diagnoses. Also, it is difficult to see how this could be corrected for, since any such correction would have to correctly estimate and account for the number of undiagnosed respondents - along each of at least four axes, no less (liberal vs. conservative, male vs. female, young vs. old, race vs. other race) - who would have received a positive result had they sought a diagnosis (i.e., such a correction would, in effect, have to attempt to diagnose the undiagnosed with some reasonable degree of accuracy).

Did the study account for how likely members of the various groups were to accurately self-report any diagnoses they had received?

For example, apart from the question of whether old conservative men are more or less likely than young liberal women to seek a psychiatric diagnoses in the first place, how likely are members of each group to accurately report positive results? How likely are old conservative men to misrepresent having received a positive diagnosis (or any diagnosis at all)? How likely are young liberal women to misrepresent not having received a positive diagnosis (or any diagnosis at all)? Recall that at the height of the AIDS epidemic, there were gay men attending support groups for those who did not have the disease because they were feeling "left out" of being part of something "special." Might something broadly similar be involved here? If so, to what degree? The upshot of all this is that studies that hinge on self-reporting are always and automatically at least somewhat suspect, at absolute best.

And these are just two questions of many that lead to skepticism concerning the validity of such "studies."

One doesn't need to resort to psychiatric scientism in order to know that many on the left have gone cray-cray ...
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-24-2021 at 04:03 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    [...]

Did the study account for how likely members of the various groups (liberal, conservative, male, female, young, old, etc.) were to seek psychiatric diagnoses in the first place?

For example, is it the case that young liberal white women are, for whatever reasons, more likely to seek psychiatric diagnoses? If so, then it can hardly be surprising, let alone considered meaningful, if they end up getting more positive diagnoses. [...]
    https://twitter.com/GabbieHanna/stat...30281519800321

A couple of generations on mind altering drugs and indoctrination will do it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

For almost 2 decades it has been reported that 20% of women under the age of 40 are on prescription Psychotropic drugs. That could perhaps equal half of the liberal women.

One side of this is how many young liberal women are mentally ill (to the extent that phrase even means anything objective anymore).

But the other side is how capriciously diagnoses of mental illness get applied by "mental health professionals." They will refrain from identifying things that are mental illnesses as what they are, and identify things that aren't mental illnesses to be them (doing the latter far more often than the former). They have financial incentive to diagnose as many patients with mental illnesses as possible in order to keep them coming back for their drug prescriptions and/or therapy. And they have a diagnostic statistical manual that they can wield as putty in their hands to find a diagnosis to fit a given patient. Heaven forfend they call vices vices, much less use such words as "sin," "evil," "wicked," "immoral," or "wrong." Every sinful behavior is either to be celebrated as the casting off of archaic unevolved superstition or a valueless condition to be managed in pursuit of self-actualization.

I'm guessing that these young white liberal women are the demographic group that is most likely to visit a mental health professional in the first place in order to have the opportunity to get diagnosed with something. Young liberal women absolutely worship psychobabble. It's the perfect venue for them to pursue their pseudoscientific spiritualism with an air of "science," which is something they desperately want to be able to say they believe in even though they know nothing about it. People in all the other demographics would get diagnosed with mental health issues at higher rates as well if they gave the mental health professionals more chances to do it.
    Last edited by Invisible Man; 07-07-2021 at 06:50 AM.
    There is nothing to fear from globalism, free trade and a single worldwide currency, but a globalism where free trade is competitively subsidized by each nation, a continuous trade war is dictated by the WTO, and the single currency is pure fiat, fear is justified. That type of globalism is destined to collapse into economic despair, inflationism and protectionism and managed by resurgent militant nationalism.
    Ron Paul
    Congressional Record (March 13, 2001)

I think it is safe to say most young people who are medicated needlessly are going to lead less productive lives.
    Do something Danke

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah but a lot of Men are mentally ill too.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    CNN and MSNBC abuse these people with mental illness. I think they do it knowingly. They use people with mental illness for political power and it is disgusting!
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    CNN and MSNBC abuse these people with mental illness. I think they do it knowingly. They use people with mental illness for political power and it is disgusting!
    Gee, it's almost like MKULTRA trauma based mind-control programming is being pushed on the population on a massive scale by the media. Naaaa, couldn't be. That's crazy talk.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Exclamation Pew study: Young, white, progressive woman are insane.

Nothing I didn't already know, and this may have already been posted since the study itself is from last year, but it bears repeating.

Pew Study Shows 53% of White, Liberal Women Have a Mental Disorder

https://trendingpolitics.com/lol-pew...urce=economics

4 Dec 2021

Ever think that the radical SJWs screaming at you for “using gendered language,” forgetting to use their made-up pronouns, supporting President Donald Trump, or supporting the police have a mental disorder and are probably insane?

Well, chances are, you were right. According to the results of an epic Pew Study, the majority of leftist women have mental issues. That’s right; over 50% of leftist women are actually insane.

The study, carried out in March 2020, was meant to study how the Covid pandemic and government policies related to it affected the lives and mental health of Americans. Overall, the study is about what you’d expect; Americans weren’t handling the lockdowns and other anti-social policies of the early Covid days well. No surprises there.

But, one aspect of the study that’s quite interesting is the breakdown of mental health issues across the political spectrum. As Evie magazine reports in a nice summary of the mental health results:

The study, which examined white liberals, moderates, and conservatives, both male and female, found that conservatives were far less likely to be diagnosed with mental health issues than those who identified as either liberal or even “very liberal.” What’s more, white women suffered the worst of all. White women, ages 18-29, who identified as liberal were given a mental health diagnosis from medical professionals at a rate of 56.3%, as compared to 28.4% in moderates and 27.3% in conservatives.

So, 56% of white liberal women are crazy and only 27% of conservative white women are. When you look at the difference between men and women, the results are even more shocking, as Zachary Goldberg highlighted on a very interesting Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/ZachG932/status/1248823584111439872

Anybody with a progressive mindset should be viewed as insane.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast