Thread: Bill Maher's Calling it Out

Bill Maher's Calling it Out

Really surprised to see this. Even more surprised that HBO let this out.

So will the left now excommunicate Maher?? This ought to be fun.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was refreshing. I guess now that people are taking the jab, the powers that be figure it's time to stop insulting everybody's intelligence?

They're right. I got lectured by a Karen day before yesterday about how many covid lies we've been fed. This from a Karen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Democrats will probably be calling to cancel Maher soon.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Democrats will probably be calling to cancel Maher soon.
    The early response, surprisingly, seems to be split. They did a good job crafting that message. There are a lot of people - even on the left - that don't think they're getting the full story on Covid, but they have been shamed into not questioning it out loud. Maher gave them permission and it seems many of them are going for it.

Even the negative comments aren't attacking him as I expected - it's more that they're saying his explanation was off on a few things and is incomplete. But it's not the all-out craziness we usually see. At least not yet - it may take them a day or two to be given their talking points on it. Once that happens, all bets are off. But for now, it seems we're enjoying a little eye-opening event. We should probably be thinking about how to get this to spiral... Getting a few more voices feeling liberated might help.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Really surprised to see this. Even more surprised that HBO let this out.

So will the left now excommunicate Maher?? This ought to be fun.
    Well...I didn't see that coming.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I am not impressed to me he is just a traitor who knows how to spin.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The early response, surprisingly, seems to be split. They did a good job crafting that message. There are a lot of people - even on the left - that don't think they're getting the full story on Covid, but they have been shamed into not questioning it out loud. Maher gave them permission and it seems many of them are going for it.

Even the negative comments aren't attacking him as I expected - it's more that they're saying his explanation was off on a few things and is incomplete. But it's not the all-out craziness we usually see. At least not yet - it may take them a day or two to be given their talking points on it. Once that happens, all bets are off. But for now, it seems we're enjoying a little eye-opening event. We should probably be thinking about how to get this to spiral... Getting a few more voices feeling liberated might help.
    Word has gotten 'round: ixnay on the OVIDCay. Ease up on pandemic panic. Gear up on global warming climate change climate "emergency" ... (even in the OP video, Maher offers a dismissive sneer at "climate change 'denial'" ...)

... "agreed with major news outlets worldwide" ... (The science fear is settled. Follow the science fear ...)

https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1381608046154158085

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1382047552485359617

https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1382956128229847041
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-25-2023 at 09:18 AM.
    The Bastiat Collection ˇ FREE PDF ˇ FREE EPUB ˇ PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

ˇ tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ˇ

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Word has gotten 'round: ixnay on the OVIDCay. Ease up on pandemic panic. Gear up on global warming climate change climate "emergency" ... (even in the OP video, Maher offers a dismissive sneer at "climate change 'denial'" ...)

... "agreed with major news outlets worldwide" ... (The science fear is settled. Follow the science fear ...)
    Note how the tweets from CNN and TIME in my previous post seek to conflate COVID and "climate change" as being sufficiently similar to justify congruous policies and practices.

Now consider the Bloomberg article referenced in the tweet below, which suggests that the "new normal" of COVID travel restrictions are an appropriate analog for policies and practices aimed at dealing with the supposed environmental problem of what they dub "overtourism" ... (complete with a reference to "flight shaming," which appears to be something kindred in spirit to "mask shaming" ...)

COVID-inspired bull$#@! isn't going anwhere. It's just changing the underlying excuse it uses to justify itself.

https://twitter.com/bopinion/status/1383509837716221960
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 07-25-2023 at 09:19 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.