Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CA next state to teach "Equitable Math" because 2+2=4 is white supremacy

Exclamation CA next state to teach "Equitable Math" because 2+2=4 is white supremacy

California Weighs ‘Equitable Math’: Goal of Obtaining Correct Answer Is Racist

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...answer-racist/

Dr. Susan Berry 15 Apr 2021

The California education department is considering implementing a statewide math framework that promotes the concept that working to figure out a correct answer in math is an example of racism and white supremacy invading the classroom.

The framework, titled “A Pathway to Equitable Math Instruction: Dismantling Racism in Mathematics Instruction,” is intended to be “exercises for educators to reflect on their own biases to transform their instructional practice.”

The “Equitable Math” website states its training manual was funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the primary private source of funding for the Common Core State Standards.

“White supremacy culture infiltrates math classrooms in everyday teacher actions,” the document states. “Coupled with the beliefs that underlie these actions, they perpetuate educational harm on Black, Latinx, and multilingual students, denying them full access to the world of mathematics.”

The proposed California framework provides examples of how “white supremacy culture” has infiltrated math classes in schools:

The focus is on getting the “right” answer.

Independent practice is valued over teamwork or collaboration.

“Real-world math” is valued over math in the real world.

Students are tracked (into courses/pathways and within the classroom).

Participation structures reinforce dominant ways of being.

Additionally, the document asserts the means by which teachers assess student learning in math is based on white supremacy culture, as demonstrated by:

Students are required to “show their work.”

Grading practices are focused on lack of knowledge.

Language acquisition is equated with mathematical proficiency.

The proposed California framework continues:

These common practices that perpetuate white supremacy culture create and sustain institutional and systemic barriers to equity for Black, Latinx, and Multilingual students. In order to dismantle these barriers, we must identify what it means to be an antiracist math educator.

In order to embody antiracist math education, teachers must engage in critical praxis that interrogates the ways in which they perpetuate white supremacy culture in their own classrooms, and develop a plan toward antiracist math education to address issues of equity for Black, Latinx, and multilingual students.

In the section that criticizes the concept of “getting the ‘right’ answer” in math, the document states:

The concept of mathematics being purely objective is unequivocally false, and teaching it is even much less so. Upholding the idea that there are always right and wrong answers perpetuate objectivity [sic] as well as fear of open conflict [sic].

Some in the education field are sounding the alarm about the “Equitable Math” framework.

According to Fox News, Lori Meyers, co-founder of Educators for Quality and Equality, said her organization sent a letter to California education officials, expressing its members are “deeply concerned about the draft 2021 CA Mathematics Framework, which contains discriminatory and divisive content that will impede us from accomplishing” important goals in math instruction.

“We ask that the state provide us with a mathematics framework that reflects sound, research-based practices over political ideology,” Meyers’ group added.

In February, the Oregon Department of Education defended its instruction of teachers via the “Equitable Math” training manual in how to teach mathematics by dismantling as “racist” the longstanding view of objectivity in math, as exemplified by the idea that one must obtain a correct answer to a math problem.

Breitbart News reported on the same “Equitable Math” manual:

The manual enumerates signs of “white supremacy culture in the mathematics classroom,” which include a focus on “getting the right answer,” an emphasis on “real-world math,” teaching math in a “linear fashion,” students being required to “show their work,” and grading students based on their demonstrated knowledge of the material.

“In order to embody antiracist math education, teachers must engage in critical praxis that interrogates the ways in which they perpetuate white supremacy culture in their own classrooms,” the manual declares, “and develop a plan toward antiracist math education to address issues of equity for Black, Latinx, and multilingual students.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Similarly in physics,

The "work-energy theorem" that says kinetic energy is determined by the amount of work done.... will need to be thrown out.

"Working" is a racist concept invented by slaveowners.

Kinetic energy is now determined by how many children you have by the time you're 17
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7FBF0B9-D9A3-40E5-842B-5AE2268950F1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	8069
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Math could be racist, I suppose. Engineering could be racist. But the laws of physics...

...are color blind as all hell. We all bleed red.

I can guarantee one thing. No matter what color he or she is, by this definition your banker will always be a white supremacist. I have a different definition. Bankers are greenback supremacists. And trust me, greenback supremacists can and do add and subtract correctly.
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-16-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7FBF0B9-D9A3-40E5-842B-5AE2268950F1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	14.1 KB 
ID:	8069
    I wonder when United will introduce this training in conjunction with their new Diversity Cockpit initiative?

VNe is racist.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Eventually it will be just them and a mirror. And I'm pretty sure that then they'll ban the mirror for being......racist, sexist, white supremacist, homophobic? Take your pick.
    Haul out that picture of Stonewall, tack it up with an old gray pin
    Raise up them Stars and Bars, the South shall rise again!"- Johnny Rebel

All I know is that to see and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell, Rivers of Blood Speech

"Unless we make sure that there is no infiltration of our country, then just as certain as you sit there, in the period of our lives you will see a red world."
    -Joseph McCarthy

So kids will now be taught:

5 is greater than 4 only because it's been privileged to be.

The proof that there is no largest prime number was set down by a dead white guy named Euclid and is an example of the suppression of the white patriarchy that seeks to deny the right of a number to be the largest prime.

You don't need to show your work because your teacher has the extraordinary ability to discern whether you really got the answer on your own or whether you just copied the answer from someone else because you hadn't paid attention in class, didn't learn anything, and had no clue about how to proceed to answer the question.

Grading practices won't be focused on the lack of knowledge because everyone will pass and be promoted up to the next grade. After all, giving someone a failing grade just because he or she constantly gives wrong answers is obviously racist.
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Even if you're black and you counted on your fingers, it doesn't mean 2+2=4. Your fingers are half racist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Will this mean the public indoctrination students will be able to make correct change for me? Or will I still have to help them?

The manual enumerates signs of “white supremacy culture in the mathematics classroom,” which include a focus on “getting the right answer,” an emphasis on “real-world math,” teaching math in a “linear fashion,” students being required to “show their work,” and grading students based on their demonstrated knowledge of the material.
    Gee, I can't wait to demonstrate how antiracist I am by driving over bridges and flying in airplanes designed by the students of "equitable mathematics" ...

How about you?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    5 is greater than 4 only because it's been privileged to be.
    Good point, the greater than, less than signs should be abolished. Everyone and everything are equals.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Gee, I can't wait to demonstrate how antiracist I am by driving over bridges and flying in airplanes designed by the students of "equitable mathematics" ...

How about you?
    You might not make it past a pharmacy...10 mg or 100 mg...it's probably white supremacy denying that extra 90 mg per tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You might not make it past a pharmacy...10 mg or 100 mg...it's probably white supremacy denying that extra 90 mg per tab.
    Isn't it nice to know that eliminating white supremacy doesn't mean less overdoses for minorities, but rather more for whites?

That's compassion. That's progress. That's so liberal even Stalin would be proud.

Of course, liberals will say computers will save us. Computer programmers, on the other hand, like to say, "Garbage in, garbage out."
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-16-2021 at 10:21 AM.

We need to bring back Calexit.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    We need to bring back Calexit.

Has a state ever been kicked out of the union? Cali would be good place to start.
    - Kim Kardashian

You don't need to show your work because your teacher has the extraordinary ability to discern whether you really got the answer on your own or whether you just copied the answer from someone else because you hadn't paid attention in class, didn't learn anything, and had no clue about how to proceed to answer the question.
    Wow. So that's one of the motivations behind this nonsense.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow. So that's one of the motivations behind this nonsense.
    Gotta get the idiots graduated.

Hate to inform y'all but public school has always been a POS. All public school is about dumbing you down- this is just more BS- nothing new.

And, everyone learns differently & has the right to pursue their interests w/o the fed telling them what is important & what they should be "learning."
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Similarly in physics,

The "work-energy theorem" that says kinetic energy is determined by the amount of work done.... will need to be thrown out.

"Working" is a racist concept invented by slaveowners.

Kinetic energy is now determined by how many children you have by the time you're 17
    1/2M*v^2 = UBI

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    1/2M*v^2 = UBI
    Actually, UBI involves a Lorentz factor which takes us out of classical Newtonian Marxism and into Marxism at relativistic velocities.

Thus, UBI = ( γ - 1)m0c2

Actually, UBI involves a Lorentz factor which takes us out of classical Newtonian Marxism and into Marxism at relativistic velocities.

Thus, UBI = ( γ - 1)m0c2
    LOL

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Great video, but the teacher should have said her final pay was

2000 + 2000 = 20,002,000

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-14-2023 at 02:46 AM. Reason: replaced tweet with image

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Next: No one will be taught algebra until ALL students have mastered* fractions.
    After that: no one will be taught fractions until ALL students have mastered the multiplication table.
    After that: no one will be taught the multiplication table until ALL students have mastered addition and subtraction.
    After that: no one will be taught addition and subtraction until ALL students have mastered counting.

After that: forget it. The US has become a technological third-world country, all in the name of "equity".

* Of course, "mastered" is a racist word and must be eliminated. See, e.g., https://www.insider.com/groups-remov...-master-2020-6
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-14-2023 at 02:47 AM. Reason: replaced quoted tweet with image
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Next: No one will be taught algebra until ALL students have mastered* fractions.
    After that: no one will be taught fractions until ALL students have mastered the multiplication table.
    After that: no one will be taught the multiplication table until ALL students have mastered addition and subtraction.
    After that: no one will be taught addition and subtraction until ALL students have mastered counting.

After that: forget it. The US has become a technological third-world country, all in the name of "equity".

* Of course, "mastered" is a racist word and must be eliminated. See, e.g., https://www.insider.com/groups-remov...-master-2020-6
    Interesting thing I learned in an eduction program I help with, is that all students who have a problem with math, never learned to subtract correctly. Every student (black, white, green or blue) who learned to actually subtract, became quite good in math. Crazy, eh?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Interesting thing I learned in an eduction program I help with, is that all students who have a problem with math, never learned to subtract correctly. Every student (black, white, green or blue) who learned to actually subtract, became quite good in math. Crazy, eh?
    Do they still teach how to check your subtraction by adding the difference to the subtrahend and seeing if it equals the minuend? (After more decades than I care to recall, I still remember those terms.)
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-14-2023 at 02:48 AM. Reason: replaced quoted tweet with image

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...11080555565056
    Teaching to the lowest common denominator -- i.e., students who probably wouldn't know what a lowest common denominator is.
    Erwin N. Griswold

Anonymous

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast