Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video of fatal Chicago police shooting of 13-year-old Adam Toledo released

Video of fatal Chicago police shooting of 13-year-old Adam Toledo released

Video of fatal Chicago police shooting of 13-year-old Adam Toledo released

A Chicago police oversight board released body-camera video Thursday of an officer fatally shooting a 13-year-old boy, images that Mayor Lori Lightfoot called "excruciating."

The officer can be seen running down an alley, chasing Adam Toledo last month and ordering him to stop, according to footage made public by the Civilian Office of Police Accountability.

"Freeze stop! Stop right f---ing now! Hey show me your f---ing hands! Drop it, drop it," the officer seems to say in the video before firing a shot.
    Toledo was allegedly in an alley with a 21-year-old man when police responded to a call of shots fired in the 2300 block of South Sawyer Avenue, shortly after 2:30 a.m. on March 29, authorities said.

The pair allegedly fled and police say one officer eventually opened fire on Toledo, hitting him in the chest before he was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.

After the release of the raw body camera videos, police on Thursday also released an edited timeline video that showed a firearm lying on the ground at the scene of the shooting. It also featured freeze frames of the firing officer's body camera video that police say shows Toledo was holding a gun immediately before he was shot.

Based on the video from the shooting officer, it was not clear if Toledo was holding a gun at the moment he was shot. An attorney for the Toledo family said the video showed Adam did not have a gun at the moment the officer fired the fatal shot, NBC Chicago reports.

"Adam, during his last second of life, did not have a gun in his hand. The officer screamed at him, 'Show me your hands.' Adam complied, turned around, his hands were empty when he was shot in the chest at the hands of the officer. He did not have a gun in his hand," attorney Adeena Weiss Ortiz said.
    More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/vi...ed/ar-BB1fHcg7
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Videos need to be signed into, find one and go to where he puts his hands up, really just before that, then pause it, go to...

settings - playback - 0.25 then enlarge/or not.... now click the "arrows" on your keyboard < > right next to the question mark, now you can go frame by frame.... from the time you see the gun, low behind his back, to the time he is shot, is under a second, and that strobe light makes it look like he is pulling a gun out the front, in some frames, as he's putting his hands up. That strobe light is stupid, if the cop had a constant bright light shining on him, he probably wouldn't have shot.
    FJB

Mayor Beatlejuice could care less about this boy. She just wants to use him to further her agenda.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Gateway Pundit has the long unedited version.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...graphic-video/

It serves the Marxist hysteria agenda. They are agitating and piling on. They want riots and destruction.

CNN keeps showing pictures of the victim that appear to be from several years ago. That’s another trick the media loves to engage in.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-16-2021 at 12:55 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Videos need to be signed into, find one and go to where he puts his hands up, really just before that, then pause it, go to...

settings - playback - 0.25 then enlarge/or not.... now click the "arrows" on your keyboard < > right next to the question mark, now you can go frame by frame.... from the time you see the gun, low behind his back, to the time he is shot, is under a second, and that strobe light makes it look like he is pulling a gun out the front, in some frames, as he's putting his hands up. That strobe light is stupid, if the cop had a constant bright light shining on him, he probably wouldn't have shot.
    The leftists media keeps showing a still photo after he turned around and it appears he threw the gun away. A split second before he did have the gun in his hand. As if a freeze frame somehow has meaning in a real time, adrenaline filled split second in the dark.

The kid played stupid games, and won the ultimate stupid prize. He had a gun in his hand, and he looked like he turned to fire at the cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The leftists media keeps showing a still photo after he turned around and it appears he threw the gun away. A split second before he did have the gun in his hand. As if a freeze frame somehow has meaning in a real time, adrenaline filled split second in the dark.

The kid played stupid games, and won the ultimate stupid prize. He had a gun in his hand, and he looked like he turned to fire at the cop.
    Pretty sure the cause was white supremacy.

The 13 year old kid complied way too fast.

If he had attended one of my Compliance 101 courses he would still be alive today.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @TheTexan:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1383100236369960960
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    @TheTexan:

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1383100236369960960
    +rep I can't imagine the stress that he and his family is going through.

I'm not sure if several weeks of paid vacation will be enough to get through it.

He might need an all-expenses-paid trip to Fiji and his family, to fully recover and get past this difficult time.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Question 13 y/o fatally shot by CPD

Where is the national outrage? Where is BLM? where is the left? Why is nobody rioting nationwide? Am I suppose to remember his name too? Where is ANTIFA and SJW's now? or is this because Trump is out of office and Biden is in? Why is there so much silence?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/adam-tole...204709515.html

Chicago police on Thursday released body-camera video footage showing an officer shooting and killing a 13-year-old boy in an alley more than two weeks ago.

The nine-minute video began by showing an unidentified police officer getting out of his squad car and running after Adam Toledo in an alley at 2:30am on March 29 in Little Village, a neighbourhood on the city’s West Side.

The video then showed the officer yelling "stop" to Toledo before he caught up to him and ordered him to show him his hands.

Toledo appeared to raise his hands right before the officer fired one shot and then immediately ran to the boy as he fell to the ground.

"Shots fired, shots fired. Get an ambulance over here now," the officer is heard saying in the video.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

They had a 1000 people show up last night to protest.

and in the next election they'll re-elect the slate of democrats who have been running Chicago since dinosaurs roamed the earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

I read somewhere his nickname on the street was "Lil Homicide."

A bit ago I heard some woman interviewed at a rally for Lil Homicide last night -- she was whining about gun violence in Chicago and how "my own daughter has been shot at!"

Yeah -- shot at by garbage "people" like Lil Homicide who run around at 2:30 in the morning shooting up the 'hood
    Last edited by SeanTX; 04-17-2021 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Where is the national outrage? Where is BLM? where is the left? Why is nobody rioting nationwide? Am I suppose to remember his name too? Where is ANTIFA and SJW's now? or is this because Trump is out of office and Biden is in? Why is there so much silence?
    Probably a combination of that plus the fact that they haven't fully milked the outrage from the latest taser "mistake"[1] shooting. And I also have a theory. The more debateable a shooting is the more likely groups like BLM are to push it to the forefront. The victim must be black, and it's better for BLM if he or she has a criminal record and is resisting. Why? Because they are controlled opposition. @Anti Federalist does a better job of remembering the names of some of the truly innocent black victims of police brutality than I do. I always have to look up this little girl.

But note that the phony conservatives like Ben Shapiro and the Fox New "police defense squad" never talk about white victims of police brutality or the black victims who can't be character assasinated either. That's because they too are controlled opposition. They will push the narrative of "Why aren't people more outraged by the two black girls who carjacked the Pakastani man who ended up killed in the car crash after hanging on to the door as they drove down the street?" (Actually they never give that much detail because it's so much more effective to their angle to say "They car jacked and killed him.") The whole game, of the left and the right, is to get people mad at each other based on some type of identity politics. And that doesn't happen if a tradgedy brings us together. A Afghan Muslim guy shoots up a gay nightclub and tells the people (some gay) that he didn't shoot that the only reason he did the shooting was because he was angry about the war in Afghanistan? That part of the story gets left out. Instead the right focused on "Muslims hate gays worse than we do" and the left was like "Anti-gay Christian preachers made the Muslim do it."

[1]I put mistake in quotes because it was either gross negligence or intentional. Calling it a "mistake" minimizes the serious level of incompetence it took for that to happen.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    They had a 1000 people show up last night to protest.

and in the next election they'll re-elect the slate of democrats who have been running Chicago since dinosaurs roamed the earth.
    ^Sad but true. And it looks like this kid DID have his hands up when he was shot!

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    ^Sad but true. And it looks like this kid DID have his hands up when he was shot!

Pro tip: A good way not to get shot by the police is to not a fire a gun in a city at 2:45 AM and then run from the police while holding it.

I feel like if I were black the odds of me getting shot by the police would be zero percent. You ever notice that almost everyone (not all) of these people killed by cops is a complete life screw up. For example Michael Brown, Lil Homicide, George Floyd, the people in the Charlotte and Milwaukee shootings that lead to riots, that guy in Atlanta shot at the drive thru out on parole, etc.

It is never "Black neurosurgeon randomly shot by police while leaving the golf course". That story doesn't exist. It's More like "23 year old who has been in and out of jail seven times who just robbed a 7/11 and was fleeing police shot while turning around" Maybe police could handle those situations better. But when they happen all day every day in every big city, these kinds of things are going to happen.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Pro tip: A good way not to get shot by the police is to not a fire a gun in a city at 2:45 AM and then run from the police while holding it.
    Kyle Rittenhouse, still holding his gun, was not shot by police even after shooting 3 people. And yes I think what Kyle did was self defense. And then there are the active shooters that have been taken alive by police. The boy was unarmed and had his hands up when he was shot.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/15/us/ad...era/index.html

I feel like if I were black the odds of me getting shot by the police would be zero percent. You ever notice that almost everyone (not all) of these people killed by cops is a complete life screw up. For example Michael Brown, Lil Homicide, George Floyd, the people in the Charlotte and Milwaukee shootings that lead to riots, that guy in Atlanta shot at the drive thru out on parole, etc.

It is never "Black neurosurgeon randomly shot by police while leaving the golf course". That story doesn't exist. It's More like "23 year old who has been in and out of jail seven times who just robbed a 7/11 and was fleeing police shot while turning around" Maybe police could handle those situations better. But when they happen all day every day in every big city, these kinds of things are going to happen.
    The 7 year old black girl who was shot and killed by police while she was sleeping might have grown up to be a neurosurgeon. But phony conservatives never talk about that case.

Also Philando Castile didn't have a felony criminal record. If he did he wouldn't have had a gun permit. But phony conservatives are all "Well he had weed in the car so his killing was justified too."

Edit: And for the record I don't see this as a race issue. I'm just as pissed about Kelly Thomas (white) getting beat to death as I am a 13 y/o black kid getting killed with his hands up or a 7 year old black girl getting shot in her sleep.

Kelly Thomas:

The cops that beat him to death and got away with it.

Last edited by jmdrake; 04-17-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Another pro-tip, when an Officer issues you a command, stop what you are doing, take a brief moment to pause, and then slowly put your hands in your air. The command could be "drop the weapon" and still the very first thing you should do is pause, and put your hands in the air. Then pause again, and only after that, do you drop the weapon.

This is considered best practice amongst my other colleagues who teach Compliance 101 courses. There is some debate as to whether kneeling down should actually be the first move to comply.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 04-17-2021 at 09:29 AM.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Another pro-tip, when an Officer issues you a command, stop what you are doing, take a brief moment to pause, and then slowly put your hands in your air. The command could be "drop the weapon" and still the very first thing you should do is pause, and put your hands in the air. Then pause again, and only after that, do you drop the weapon.

This is considered best practice amongst my other colleagues who teach Compliance 101 courses. There is some debate as to whether kneeling down should actually be the first move to comply.
    Texan you rep-thief you!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheTexan again.

Kyle Rittenhouse, still holding his gun, was not shot by police even after shooting 3 people. And yes I think what Kyle did was self defense. And then there are the active shooters that have been taken alive by police. The boy was unarmed and had his hands up when he was shot.
    The 13 yo boy complied way too quickly. He executed the "hands in the air" and "turn around" moves simultaneously (bad idea), and did so in a fraction of a second (another bad idea).

This isn't to excuse the Officer, but in no way can it be compared to Kyle's very calm walking with his hands in the air and rifle slinged on his back.

Kyle clearly has attended one of my Compliance 101 courses. Adam Toledo unfortunately, did not.
    - Kim Kardashian

The 7 year old black girl who was shot and killed by police while she was sleeping might have grown up to be a neurosurgeon. But phony conservatives never talk about that case.
    Those are the rare exceptions. The rule are the people I listed. Another example I forgot is Breonna Taylor. Maybe don't date and transport money for drug dealers and you won't be in a position of being raided. That isn't a big ask.

People who do well in school, pull up their pants, aren't covered in tattoos, and who aren't belligerent with police don't have problems in life. Police aren't shooting them.

Of course people have the right to look like they are in the Crips. They can angrily argue with police. They can rob stores. And they should not get shot by police. But they are opening that door. Maybe white people don't get shot in those situations. But that shouldn't be the focus. In virtually every instance of police shootings, the person shot opened the door to getting shot by making poor decisions.
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 04-17-2021 at 09:36 AM.

The 13 yo boy complied way too quickly. He executed the "hands in the air" and "turn around" moves simultaneously (bad idea), and did so in a fraction of a second (another bad idea).

This isn't to excuse the Officer, but in no way can it be compared to Kyle's very calm walking with his hands in the air and rifle slinged on his back.

Kyle clearly has attended one of my Compliance 101 courses. Adam Toledo unfortunately, did not.
    Eldridge Cleaver of the Black Panthers executed the "Strip to your underwear so they can't say you have a hidden weapon" technique. His accomplice, only willing to take of his shirt but kept his pants on, was gunned down.

Eldridge Cleaver of the Black Panthers executed the "Strip to your underwear so they can't say you have a hidden weapon" technique. His accomplice, only willing to take of his shirt but kept his pants on, was gunned down.
    Cops generally don't ask people to strip anymore. Though I suppose if they did, it would provide a conundrum: how do you take off your pants, without making it look like you are reaching for a weapon in your pants?

In this scenario, the best compliance in this case would be to keep your hands in the air regardless of the command. Eventually you will be beaten for non-compliance, but you will probably be alive.

Interesting predicament, I wonder what societal factors would lead to such a bizarre situation.
    - Kim Kardashian

Those are the rare exceptions.
    How do you know they are "rare exceptions" when nobody talks about those cases?

The rule are the people I listed. Another example I forgot is Breonna Taylor. Maybe don't date and transport money for drug dealers and you won't be in a position of being raided. That isn't a big ask.
    Nobody talked about Breonna Taylor either....until the police got their story straight about the alledged drug connection. Only when there is controversy is the case talked about. I bet you never heard about the case of the black man in Lebanon Tennessee that was gunned down by police who did a no knock raid on the wrong house. And no, he was never accused of drugs...which is why you never heard of the case. Then there was the Atlanta grandmother that the police planted drugs on after they killed her to try to cover it up. You don't hear about more cases of blacks with absolutely no criminality being killed by police because neither the phony conservative nor the phony liberal media wants you to hear about them. It's the same reason why there is this false perception that white people aren't getting killed by the police. @Anti Federalist has a whole thread devoted to talking about whites killed by police under suspicious circumstances that doesn't get talked about. That includes the white kid who was coming home from a church basketball game, made the "mistake" of flashing his high beams at a cop because the cop had his high beams on, got pulled over, the cop tried to arrest him, then tazed him, then shot him.

https://reason.com/2015/10/19/cop-pu...shing-high-be/

The bottom line is this. Crap like this shouldn't happen. And you shouldn't have to be a brain surgeon or an aspiring brain surgeon for it to happen. With the cop who killed the white kid who flashed his high beams, his excuse is that the kid punched him after he tased the kid! Why are you tasing someone for flashing his high beams at you? Why are you even pulling someone over for flashing his high beams at you?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cops generally don't ask people to strip anymore. Though I suppose if they did, it would provide a conundrum: how do you take off your pants, without making it look like you are reaching for a weapon in your pants?

In this scenario, the best compliance in this case would be to keep your hands in the air regardless of the command. Eventually you will be beaten for non-compliance, but you will probably be alive.

Interesting predicament, I wonder what societal factors would lead to such a bizarre situation.
    Eldridged stripped before coming out of the house. I'm pretty sure the shirtless guy had his hands up. Eldridge had shot at police earlier that evening which is why he knew he had to take such extreme measures to avoid getting shot.

Eldridged stripped before coming out of the house. I'm pretty sure the shirtless guy had his hands up. Eldridge had shot at police earlier that evening which is why he knew he had to take such extreme measures to avoid getting shot.
    Nicely done! That is some professional-level Compliance. Learn something new every day.
    - Kim Kardashian

Also Philando Castile didn't have a felony criminal record. If he did he wouldn't have had a gun permit. But phony conservatives are all "Well he had weed in the car so his killing was justified too."

Actually I see no people criticize that guy. I actually used him specifically as an example in my post responding to the 7 year old as the exception and edited it to make shorter. The reality is that guy is a rare case. Michael Brown, Adam Toledo and the other examples I listed are the rule. Do you how I know that? Because if there were better martyrs, then the activists would hold them up. Instead you have Jacob Blake being held up as a hero.

In almost every case of national prominence the person being killed by police is a degenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/adam-tole...204709515.html

Chicago police on Thursday released body-camera video footage showing an officer shooting and killing a 13-year-old boy in an alley more than two weeks ago.
    Timing is important. They were probably waiting for the end of the Derek Chauvin trial, but with the Daunte Wright not-Taser shooting, they released it early to add fuel to the fire.

As for Antifa-BLM, they had a mostly peaceful riot last night in a few cities in memory of Adam Toledo. In Oakland, they only torched an auto dealership and vandalized a Target. Very peaceful.

Nobody talked about Breonna Taylor either....until the police got their story straight about the alleged drug connection.
    Wasn't an allegation. It is a fact. They have her on video. It is the whole reason the raided her place. And of course, drugs should be legal and these raids shouldn't happen. But they are illegal so don't get involved in them.

You don't hear about more cases of blacks with absolutely no criminality being killed by police
    Right. Because it happens at a very tiny rate. You are talking about maybe 5 or 6 instances a year in a country of 340 million.

Awe my post got destroyed by the merge.

So the more condensed version:

What exactly should conservatives do about police shootings in liberal metro areas (which seems to be where the vast majority happen)?

My sheriff came out last year and condemned the Minneapolis chokehold incident, saying that no where is it acceptable to use a chokehold on a subdued suspect in any training he has ever received, and following the Taylor incident he made no-knock warrants only executable when signed off on in advance by the top LEO in the county (the sheriff). (probably could have just done away with no-knocks entirely but that is at least a step towards accountability).

Problem is, here in rural-topia, that doesn't do anything to help liberal blacks in liberal urban hellholes. Seems like the burden of addressing the issue is on the black community. A good start would be to stop electing the same people over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast