Thread: Democrats Are Packing The Supreme Court

Democrats Are Packing The Supreme Court

Led by the disgusting scumbag Jerry Nadler.

————

Democratic lawmakers to introduce bill to expand Supreme Court to 13 justices

Some House and Senate Democrats are ramping up the political battle over the Supreme Court, introducing a bill Thursday to expand the court from 9 to 13 seats, a move many Republicans have rejected as dangerous "court packing."

The Judiciary Act of 2021 is co-sponsored by Democratic lawmakers, including House Judiciary Chairman Jerrod Nadler, D-N.Y., Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., Reps. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., and Rep. Mondaire Jones, D-N.Y.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/demo...reme-court-13/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The Judiciary Act of 2021 is co-sponsored by Democratic lawmakers, including House Judiciary Chairman Jerrod Nadler, D-N.Y., Sen. Ed Markey, D-Mass., Reps. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., and Rep. Mondaire Jones, D-N.Y.
    Listening to these people speak, they may have reached peak hypocrisy. Obvious and blatant lying.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Wow. These Marxists want absolute power and rule by their minority, while claiming they want “democracy”.

Who elected this Chris Kang guy to rule the world?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The sooner people get over the delusion that the "system" isn't broken beyond repair, the better.

So bring it on and let the red pills flow ...

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/stat...23734872674311
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Scary stuff.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    The sooner people get over the delusion that the "system" isn't broken beyond repair, the better.

Who does he think he is fooling? We are living the Orwellian nightmare.

It is Bizarro World. RIP Justin Raimondo.

One might wonder why Fox News carried the entire press conference, including every minor Marxist activist.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    One might wonder why Fox News carried the entire press conference, including every minor Marxist activist.
    I am 39 minutes into the 45 minute video. I wanted to see MSNBC and CNN's coverage to read the youtube comments, but it doesn't look like they covered it.

"We're not packing it, we're unpacking it."

Fine. Call it what you want. If the people don't like it, then hopefully they'll elect a different crop of politicians to repack it. Make it 27 justices.

Maybe we'll eventually be able to dispense with any future rhetoric that the Supreme Court is anything other than another legislative body driven by political motivations.

I was told that this was a dumb conspiracy and that Biden and the rest of the Democrats wouldn't push this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I was told that this was a dumb conspiracy and that Biden and the rest of the Democrats wouldn't push this.
    Who told you that? Even before the election they were pretty open about it.

I'm sure there's more space for a few more Jesuit Jews and Catholics, since they're so under-represented on SCOTUS currently.

Protestants and non-religious need not apply.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    The idiotic Democratic voters who kept calling it a baseless conspiracy theory even after showing them how open they were about it.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

If you consider not answering questions about it open about it, then ya. Anytime Biden was asked about it, he would avoid answering definitively.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Maybe we'll eventually be able to dispense with any future rhetoric that the Supreme Court is anything other than another legislative body driven by political motivations.
    Yup. It was a dumb $#@!ing idea to begin with. But then again everything about this country was a dumb $#@!ing idea. The only half decent ideas are in the first 10 amendments, which begs the question, why are the good ideas all "amendments"?? Clearly they did not think this through.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As 1 data point of anecdata:

I brought up this topic during Thanksgiving and my Leftist relatives all said it would never happen. Essentially called me a conspiracy theorist.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Yup. It was a dumb $#@!ing idea to begin with. But then again everything about this country was a dumb $#@!ing idea. The only half decent ideas are in the first 10 amendments, which begs the question, why are the good ideas all "amendments"?? Clearly they did not think this through.
    The Anti Federalists were representative of the best intellects of this country's founding. The others were not.

"We're not packing it, we're unpacking it."

Fine. Call it what you want. If the people don't like it, then hopefully they'll elect a different crop of politicians to repack it. Make it 27 justices.

What if the people do like it? Namely, the people who count the votes during said elections? I think they love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If you consider not answering questions about it open about it, then ya. Anytime Biden was asked about it, he would avoid answering definitively.
    I'm still not sure if Biden himself supports this. But others were open about it. Hence the questions that Biden was asked. It was MSM folks asking those questions because certain Democrats were open about wanting to do this.

I'm seeing articles saying that Pelosi is now dismissing packing the courts. We'll see how long that lasts.

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post

The only thing this guy should be unpacking are his undergarments full of $#@!.

Calvin Coolidge

If the bill passes the GOP can blame itself if new leftist Justices are added to the Court. In 2017, the GOP-led Senate lowered the votes need to confirm a Supreme Cpourt Justice from 60 to 51 and invoked the nuclear option (which the Dems had done in 2013 with regard to lower court federal judges) to lower the votes needed to end a filibuster from 60 to 51, all in order to get Gorsuch confirmed.

What goes around, comes around...
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous