Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY-Adult biological parent sues for the right to marry their adult biological offspring

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Right...

Because if we don't have governments pointing their guns at us telling us not to do something, we might be tempted.

Quick, let's pass some laws to ban hitting ourselves over the head with hammers! Maybe we need some laws telling us not to eat dog $#@! at the park? If you opposed to those laws, it can only be because you love yourself some dog $#@!!

How dumb is this guy??
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    A box a rocks is smarter.

As for scriptures:

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    I guess we don't need laws against theft and murder either then, right?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    John 8:15 Context

12Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 13The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true. 14Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go. 15Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man. 16And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me. 17It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true. 18I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
    There is no spoon.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And, we're talking about stuff between consenting adults- theft and murder are not part of that.

.Gov should not be involved in marrige in any way.
    There is no spoon.

Try actually reading the Bible.
    Lot's daughters got him drunk and $#@!ed him.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Where did these "incest" laws come from anyway?

It wasn't the Bible.

sounds like herd management..

and it doesn't apply to Royals.
    Are you sure about that?

https://biblereasons.com/incest/

That said, for all of the people who say "Well Jesus didn't specifically speak against homosexuality." Technically Jesus never spoke about incest or beastiality either.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

And, we're talking about stuff between consenting adults- theft and murder are not part of that.

.Gov should not be involved in marrige in any way.
    Is the retarded child they create consenting?

And the government has to be involved in marriage for a variety of legal reasons.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    A great abomination.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Is the retarded child they create consenting?

And the government has to be involved in marriage for a variety of legal reasons.
    Bull$#@!- the gov became involved to stop interracial marriages.
    There is no spoon.

A great abomination.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

John 8:15 Context
    Are you trying to claim there is no sin and there will be no judgement?

The Son was sent to offer repentance and redemption to those whom the Father judges if they do not accept the Son and forsake their sins.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bull$#@!- the gov became involved to stop interracial marriages.
    Nope, the government was already involved in divorces, inheritances and many other legal aspects of marriage.
    Including prohibiting incest.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

^^ See this, folks?? This is what happens when people don't understand the difference. They can't make the distinction. Wanna know how the state grows?? This is the reason. Why do we have all these laws?? People really believe this argument. On both sides.

Let's make laws to stop something almost no one does and the only victim is "society". Because getting the state involved will definitely make things better.

I should probably thank SS for providing this example instead of berating him.

The real question of this thread ought to be how do we help these poor lost souls to see that the State does not serve the will of the people. The State is a bureaucratic institution. You put that institution in charge of things it has no purpose regulating and your problems will always get worse. Always.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Mark my words:
    The left is going to legalize beastiality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, they will, that is one of the "markers" on the war front they are waging.

There are two prongs of this attack, both serving different goals:

1 - One is the more esoteric goal of moving the ball down the field of Marxism. Weirdo-sexualism accomplishes this a number of ways, first by turning objective reality on its head and by forcing to accept insanity as objective truth, i.e. the fat man in a dress with chemically enhanced tits is a woman, and you will accept that without question. It saps the will of the targeted population, removes incentives for men and women to support and nurture each other and grows a general sense of FUD. It also controls the population that is targeted for destruction.

2 - Is the normalization of the pre-pubescent pedophilia and sexual "snuff". These are the end game taboos.
    This belongs here.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

^^ See this, folks?? This is what happens when people don't understand the difference. They can't make the distinction. Wanna know how the state grows?? This is the reason. Why do we have all these laws?? People really believe this argument. On both sides.

Let's make laws to stop something almost no one does and the only victim is "society". Because getting the state involved will definitely make things better.

The real question of this thread ought to be how do we help these poor lost souls to see that the State does not serve the will of the people. The State is a bureaucratic institution. You put that institution in charge of things it has no purpose regulating and your problems will always get worse. Always.
    Incest is not a victimless crime, ask the inbred children.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Incest is not a victimless crime, ask the inbred children.
    Maybe I already am? Lol

Seriously, though.... Take a few minutes to try to understand the point of that post.

The only victim you can find is someone who didn't even exist at the point of the crime??? And your understanding of the way government operates thinks putting them in charge of mitigating that damage is the way to make things better? Parenting is not a victimless crime. Everyone of us does things that will damage our kids in some way. Your parents damaged you. I haven't met an undamaged person yet! I suppose we need laws for parenting now...

A bureaucratic institution has no business telling people who they can wed. Most of us will get it right without them. And the ones that don't will be few. Unless we get that infernal institution involved.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    $#@! never changes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/spain-acq...133652562.html

A Spanish court has provoked outrage by acquitting a man of sexually abusing his 14-year-old stepdaughter despite the fact she gave birth to his child.

The Pamplona court accepted the defendant’s claim that the teenager had sat astride him while he was asleep on the sofa and engaged in penetrative sex. The man said he had no recollection of the supposed encounter as he had been very drunk that night.

Close to nine months later, in December 2018, the girl was admitted to hospital and gave birth to a child, something the accused claimed had been a complete surprise to him and the girl’s mother. Social services ordered a paternity test, which confirmed that the stepfather was the father of the baby.

Maybe I already am? Lol

Seriously, though.... Take a few minutes to try to understand the point of that post.

The only victim you can find is someone who didn't even exist at the point of the crime??? And your understanding of the way government operates thinks putting them in charge of mitigating that damage is the way to make things better? Parenting is not a victimless crime. Everyone of us does things that will damage our kids in some way. Your parents damaged you. I haven't met an undamaged person yet! I suppose we need laws for parenting now...

A bureaucratic institution has no business telling people who they can wed. Most of us will get it right without them. And the ones that don't will be few. Unless we get that infernal institution involved.
    It's more like I am the one talking to one.
    Parenting is not a crime, parenting mistakes that hurt your psyche are not crimes, but they might explain a few things.
    If you took a normal child and physically deformed them or brain damaged them it would be a crime, doing it to a child you create doesn't change that.
    A victim is a victim whether they existed before the crime was committed or were created by it.

Name one single case of a rights violation by the government prohibiting incest. (claiming to have right to incest doesn't count, I have already proven there is a victim)

Government exists to prohibit and punish crimes including this one so government does have business telling people they can't marry their children or siblings etc.
    Just stop defending degeneracy for the sake of rebelling against all authority, it won't undo whatever your father did to you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

To all in this thread,

If you believe it a sin then it is one to you,

I married one woman and love two.

I live in an impossible situation.. with a Mother and Daughter. (not easy,not impossible)

I am kept like a pet.. sometimes..

but God has blessed my life..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Try actually reading the Bible.
    I told someone Libertardians would support this and it looks like I was right.
    It looks like libertardians want to marry their own daughters.
    Family tradition?
    You know, I do try to judge not, lest I be judged. But in your case, it's very difficult, as all you seem to come here to do is judge, and spit insults, and fling poo like a petulant monkey.

Try reading the Bible yourself. And, no, I don't mean scouring the Old Testament looking for excuses to condemn people like a Pharisee. I mean this part, the nitty gritty, before it's too late:

A box a rocks is smarter.

As for scriptures:

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
    Do you really want to go see St. Peter while resembling this remark?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    But there is another, much more vicious breed of tormentor. These you will only find in the robes of the clergy, and their specialty is empathic feeding on the psychological and spiritual torment of others. They never touch their victims physically but leave them in more agony than the most unrecognizable inmate in a Russian gulag. And they do so "with the approval of their own conscience", meaning, they have talked themselves into believing that torturing people is somehow saving them. This is a level of darkness that the most vicious dogs in the State and its intelligence agencies have never even dreamed of.
    Really?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-17-2021 at 06:59 AM.
    We believe our lying eyes...

I'm in general agreement but I think it's more nuanced than that.

SS wants to live in a culture with religious values. Part of these values is traditional marriage and strictly no weird stuff in the bedroom. If he wants to live in a culture that outlaws weird stuff, I think it's his right to do so - as long as the others who are living in his culture are living there voluntarily.

In the event participation in his culture is no longer voluntary, it is the right of the non-compliant individuals to secede, and it is the obligation of SS culture to provide an equitable means to allow them to secede.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Well, my quote above is taken a bit out-of-context and wasn't referring to Swordsmyth or anyone on a forum who is expressing their own views (whether they are correct or incorrect).

I think that the really difficult social problems like incest illustrate the whole problem with the State. We are trying to use human laws to solve spiritual problems that are simply impervious to simplistic, one-size-fits-all human laws, which are the only kind of laws we can really make via government. When God created Adam in the Garden, Adam answered to no man, only to God. And Eve also answered to no one but God (see Gen. 3), even though Adam was the spiritual head of the earthly creation, and the first marriage. And so we see in this the true pattern by which God has made people. For one man (or woman) to bow down to another man is an abomination, and a corruption of the image of God within man:

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” (Matthew 4:8,9)
    The corruption of the Edenic order is the only reason that the State can exist at all. Its sheer existence is a slap in God's face, just as much as the reasons that God has permitted it to exist (in order to suppress other, worse abominations through threats, violence and warfare). And the State is not even redeemable, it will be utterly destroyed at the end of the Age, along with all other abominations:

Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. But the beast was captured ... [and] thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The [kings of the earth and their armies] were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh. (Revelation 19:19-21, excerpt)
    This will be the final fate of the State -- at the end of the age, those who comprise the State (as such) will be executed and their corpses eaten by wild birds. What will replace the State is the eternal Kingdom of God and its King, who is Jesus.

"But this passage is only talking about those who worship the Beast." Exactly. To belong to the State (as such), is one and the same as worshiping the Beast, because the State is a corruption of the Edenic order wherein man ruled the creatures of the earth (the beasts of the field); instead, the State-principle is force, which is the principle by which the beasts in this world live... Nature red in tooth and claw. Everyone who is trapped in this anti-human, anti-God, antichrist system will either repent and come out of it, or they will eventually end up worshiping the Beast and following him to his fate in the lake of fire.

Force decides nothing. Force proves nothing. Force is the cutting short of moral reasoning (or any kind of reasoning), so it is the diametric opposite of morality. That God permits the abomination of the State to exist is not some kind of stamp of approval on it. The State is like bleach. Sure, bleach in low concentration will kill nasty, infectious germs that you don't want around. But in high concentration, bleach will also kill you. Neither bleach nor infectious germs are desirable, what is desirable is cleanliness (metaphor for God's holiness as expressed in the created order of Eden, as God originally made it).

</sermon>
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-17-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I'm in general agreement but I think it's more nuanced than that.

SS wants to live in a culture with religious values. Part of these values is traditional marriage and strictly no weird stuff in the bedroom. If he wants to live in a culture that outlaws weird stuff, I think it's his right to do so - as long as the others who are living in his culture are living there voluntarily.

In the event participation in his culture is no longer voluntary, it is the right of the non-compliant individuals to secede, and it is the obligation of SS culture to provide an equitable means to allow them to secede.
    Fair enough.
    But I wasn't even calling for anti-sodomy laws or the criminalization of adultery etc., I don't think government should be involved in those things. (except when it comes up in divorces etc.)
    But incest is not a victimless crime, if a bunch of inbreds want to secede and allow all manner of victimizing crimes they should be allowed to do so until it spills over the border and then it will be time to either close the border completely or go to war with them depending on the circumstances.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But incest is not a victimless crime, if a bunch of inbreds want to secede and allow all manner of victimizing crimes they should be allowed to do so until it spills over the border and then it will be time to either close the border completely or go to war with them depending on the circumstances.
    Fair enough
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

But incest is not a victimless crime,
    Not a crime at all till someone created one..
    Apparently you buy into Eugenics.. as you are parroting it.

Do you favor Forced Sterilization of the unfit? that is the very next step..

oh,,that was done already...
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Nope, the government was already involved in divorces, inheritances and many other legal aspects of marriage.
    Including prohibiting incest.
    Why don't they prevent the Royals from practicing it..
    It has been Common for centuries. but forbidden to commoners.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Didn't Henry the 8th have an issue with Marriage and the Church.??
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    influenced by the hypocrisy of liars, whose consciences are seared with a hot iron. They will prohibit marriage and require abstinence from certain foods that God has created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.
    Certain Foods..Green Herbs and seed bearing plants?

The rest is Eugenic Herd Management.. "who can marry who".
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Because they care more about power than science or religion.
    They have had plenty of deformed and retarded royals because of it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Not a crime at all till someone created one..
    Apparently you buy into Eugenics.. as you are parroting it.

Do you favor Forced Sterilization of the unfit? that is the very next step..

oh,,that was done already...
    Bunk.
    GOD prohibits it and it produces legitimately damaged children.
    It is a sin, a crime and an abomination.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12