Thread: Charles Booker launches exploratory committee to consider challenge to Rand Paul

Charles Booker launches exploratory committee to consider challenge to Rand Paul

Charles Booker launches exploratory committee to consider challenge to Rand Paul

BY JOHN BOWDEN
    04/12/21

Former Kentucky state Rep. Charles Booker (D) launched an exploratory committee Monday to examine the possibility of challenging Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) for the state's U.S. Senate seat as Paul faces reelection next year.

In a video announcement Monday morning, Booker put Paul on notice with a declaration: "We will transform Kentucky. And Rand Paul? You know it too."

In a statement to local news station WBKO, Booker added, "Even in a historic, unprecedented public health and economic crisis, most of our politicians couldn’t be bothered to do anything, voting against survival checks for working families and trying to take away our health care in order to give our money away to wealthy campaign donors. Kentuckians deserve a senator who will fight as hard for us as we fight for each other, and that’s why I’m formally announcing an exploratory committee for U.S. Senate."

read more:
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...llenge-to-rand

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Even in a historic, unprecedented public health and economic crisis, most of our politicians couldn’t be bothered to do anything, voting against survival checks for working families and trying to take away our health care in order to give our money away to wealthy campaign donors. Kentuckians deserve a senator who will fight as hard for us as we fight for each other, and that’s why I’m formally announcing an exploratory committee for U.S. Senate."
    Well, he's certainly got the empty platitudes for the job.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Dominion can't wait.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Rand is going to tear this guy a new $#@!.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

This guy would be an almost ideal opponent for Rand. Not only is he is extremely progressive but he is aggressively pushing Puerto Rico and DC statehood as well as court packing. Not the kind of Dem Kentucky would consider. Will lose by 25 points.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Booker4KY/status/1380635885318856705

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    This guy would be an almost ideal opponent for Rand. Not only is he is extremely progressive but he is aggressively pushing Puerto Rico and DC statehood as well as court packing. Not the kind of Dem Kentucky would consider. Will lose by 25 points.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Booker4KY...35885318856705
    Right up till midnight, then counting will stop and he will get a miraculous bounce.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

With biden as president it makes it easier for Paul to win.