Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Woke Autocannibalism

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Ana Kasparian & Cenk Uygur are still catching hell for this.

So sad. Such a shame. You just hate to see it ...

These were compiled by an account which describes itself thusly:

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-12-2023 at 10:47 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ana Kasparian & Cenk Uygur are still catching hell for this.

So sad. Such a shame. You just hate to see it ...

[...]
    h/t @jmdrake

THREAD: Progressive journalist Ana Kasparian doubles down on "transphobic" language

Ana Kasparian doubles down after bashing trans-inclusive term ‘birthing persons’ as ‘degrading’ to women
    https://nypost.com/2023/04/12/ana-ka...rson-language/
    Kristine Parks & Jessica Chasmar (12 April 2023)

A progressive media host is doubling down after she enraged liberals by insisting women should not be referred to as “birthing persons” or “persons with uteruses.”

“The Young Turk” co-host Ana Kasparian laughed at the backlash she received after calling transgender “inclusive” language “degrading” to women last month. Progressive journalists and transgender activists accused her of being “right-wing.”

“[Laughing out loud]! The meltdowns over wanting be referred to as a woman rather than a ‘birthing person’ is pretty wild,” she responded on Twitter on Monday.

The far-left host insisted she’d never apologize for taking this stance.

“I’ll never apologize for that, especially as a biological woman who has had a f–king lifetime of being told I’m less than,” she added.

“I’m a woman. No apologies,” Kasparian fired back.

Many of the same progressives who criticized her original tweet also took offense at this unapologetic statement.

Several on the left pleaded for Kasparian to stop tweeting about the issue or accused her of bigotry.

You’ll be on J.K. Rowling’s level of TERFyness within 2 years at this rate,” Mississippi Free Press news editor Ashton Pittman tweeted.

The founder of “Race 2 Dinner,” an organization that invites White women to be lectured about their privilege and racism, mocked Kasparian. “You win the Oscar, Emmy, and Grammy for Most Toxic White of the Weekend. Bravo for you,” Saira Rao said.

Transgender activists insisted no one was referring to a woman as a “birthing person”.

“That’s not what’s happening,” Charlotte Clymer, an activist formerly with the Human Rights Campaign, retorted. “When referring to the whole community of people who are capable of pregnancy in the context of pregnancy, repro advocates use ‘birthing person’ to include trans men + nonbinary people. No one is arbitrarily calling individual women ‘birthing person,'” Clymer tweeted.

A transgender drag queen running for Congress in 2024 told Kasparian she was wrong and warned transgenders were under attack.

“I really don’t understand why you’re still tweeting about this. How many times a day are you being referred to as a “birthing person” in real life? Knowing the intense scrutiny & hate trans people are facing rn, along w/the hundreds of anti-trans bills, couldn’t you just not?” the candidate tweeted.

Transgender attorney and activist Alejandro Carabello warned Kasparian that not using inclusive language could lead to “dire” results, linking to a 2019 report where a transgender man, a biological woman, was not given proper medical care and delivered a stillborn baby.

“No one is using that term to describe you personally, it’s in reference to the population. When language isn’t inclusive in medicine, the consequences can be dire. These are the real issues instead of making yourself the victim,” Carabello wrote.

Fox News reported last year how the Biden administration, congressional Democrats, and liberal groups across the country had repeatedly dropped words like “mother” and “woman” from their language in order to appease the transgender community.

More recently, major companies like Nike have turned off customers by paying transgender activists like Dylan Mulvaney to model women’s clothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

I can see the "woke" - but where's the "autocannibalism"?

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post

They set themselves up where they're paying the third world country themselves, instead of having the government tax working stiffs for that?

It's twisted, but it resembles logic...
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woke: DE&I actors = good, non-DE&I actors = bad
    Woke: Foreign = good, domestic = bad

Foreign lawyer sues Netflix for using DE&I actor in Cleopatra role. Am I reaching? I don't feel like that's reaching...

Woke: DE&I actors = good, non-DE&I actors = bad
    Woke: Foreign = good, domestic = bad

Foreign lawyer sues Netflix for using DE&I actor in Cleopatra role. Am I reaching? I don't feel like that's reaching...
    That's woke hypocrisy, not woke autocannibalism.

Woke autocannibalism is when the woke eat their own - so unless the Egyptian lawyer is some kind of SJW (which is not evident), that's not what this is.

- so unless the Egyptian lawyer is some kind of SJW (which is not evident)...
    He's not. But Karens do tend to flatter themselves that foreigners think like they do, I guess...?

That's woke hypocrisy, not woke autocannibalism.

Woke autocannibalism is when the woke eat their own - so unless the Egyptian lawyer is some kind of SJW (which is not evident), that's not what this is.
    Hmm, well, I look at it like this -- when you become so Woke that you get yourself sued by diverse/foreign entities who are supposed to be your allies (UN/globalism/etc.), you're cannibalizing yourself by producing such utter filth that even your own political home-group can't stand you. I get it, Egypt is not a haven of "liberalism" but it is a US imperial acquisition and is supposed to be promoting the Hillary/CF/Soros/Schwabite world-order. Obviously, this lawyer isn't a part of that group, but he's supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    He's not. But Karens do tend to flatter themselves that foreigners think like they do, I guess...?

Hmm, well, I look at it like this -- when you become so Woke that you get yourself sued by diverse/foreign entities who are supposed to be your allies (UN/globalism/etc.), you're cannibalizing yourself by producing such utter filth that even your own political home-group can't stand you. I get it, Egypt is not a haven of "liberalism" but it is a US imperial acquisition and is supposed to be promoting the Hillary/CF/Soros/Schwabite world-order. Obviously, this lawyer isn't a part of that group, but he's supposed to be.
    He's "supposed to be" according to the woke - which makes it erroneously presumptuous, but not autocannibalistic.

It is only autocannibalistic if the guy is actually woke (instead of merely "supposed to be" woke).

He isn't responsible for (and his actions can't be characterized in terms of) whatever the woke think he's "supposed to be".

He's "supposed to be" according to the woke - which makes it erroneously presumptuous, but not autocannibalistic.

It is only autocannibalistic if the guy is actually woke (instead of merely "supposed to be" woke).

He isn't responsible for (and his actions can't be characterized in terms of) whatever the woke think he's "supposed to be".
    OK, you win, it's your thread...

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    The acronym was getting too long anyway. Nothing left to add but "P". (Or is that M from M.A.P.?)
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

You know the irony of this? Cleopatra was either half black or full inbred. Her father was known to be white but her mother is not known. However the assumption that she was white is based on the Ptolemy dynasty's custom of marrying siblings.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Uber’s Diversity Chief Put on Leave After Complaints of Insensitivity
    The executive hosted sessions about race and being a white woman that were titled “Don’t Call Me Karen,” prompting an employee uproar.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/21/b...suspended.html
    [archive link: https://archive.is/OcA6e#selection-269.0-273.134]
    Kellen Browning (21 May 2023)

Uber has placed its longtime head of diversity, equity and inclusion on leave after workers complained that an employee event she moderated, titled “Don’t Call Me Karen,” was insensitive to people of color.

Dara Khosrowshahi, Uber’s chief executive, and Nikki Krishnamurthy, the chief people officer, last week asked Bo Young Lee, the head of diversity, “to step back and take a leave of absence while we determine next steps,” according to an email on Thursday from Ms. Krishnamurthy to some employees that was viewed by The New York Times.

“We have heard that many of you are in pain and upset by yesterday’s Moving Forward session,” the email said. “While it was meant to be a dialogue, it’s obvious that those who attended did not feel heard.”

Employees’ concerns centered on a pair of events, one last month and another last Wednesday, that were billed as “diving into the spectrum of the American white woman’s experience” and hearing from white women who work at Uber, with a focus on “the ‘Karen’ persona.” They were intended to be an “open and honest conversation about race,” according to the invitation.

But workers instead felt that they were being lectured on the difficulties experienced by white women and why “Karen” was a derogatory term and that Ms. Lee was dismissive of their concerns, according to messages sent on Slack, a workplace messaging tool, that were viewed by The Times.

The term Karen has become slang for a white woman with a sense of entitlement who often complains to a manager and reports Black people and other racial minorities to the authorities. Employees felt the event organizers were minimizing racism and the harm white people can inflict on people of color by focusing on how “Karen” is a hurtful word, according to the messages and an employee who attended the events. A prominent “Karen” incident occurred in 2020, when Amy Cooper, a white woman, called 911 after a Black man bird-watching in New York’s Central Park asked her to leash her dog.

The concerns raised about the events underscored the difficulties that companies face as they navigate subjects of race and identity that have become increasingly hot-button issues in Silicon Valley and beyond. Cultural clashes over race and L.G.B.T.Q. rights have been thrust to the forefront of workplaces in recent years, including the renewed attention to discrimination in company hiring practices and the feud between Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida and Disney over a state law that limits classroom instruction about gender identity and sexual orientation.

At Uber, the incident was also a rare case of employee dissent under Mr. Khosrowshahi, who has shepherded the company away from the aggressive, chaotic culture that pervaded under the former chief executive, Travis Kalanick. Mr. Khosrowshahi’s efforts included increased diversity initiatives under Ms. Lee, who has led the effort since 2018. Before joining Uber, she held similar roles at the financial services firm Marsh McLennan and other companies, according to her LinkedIn profile.

“I can confirm that Bo is currently on a leave of absence,” Noah Edwardsen, an Uber spokesman, said in a statement. Ms. Lee did not respond to a request for comment.

The first of the two Don’t Call Me Karen events, in April, was part of a series called Moving Forward — discussions about race and the experiences of underrepresented groups that sprung up in the aftermath of the Black Lives Matter protests in 2020.

Several weeks after that first event, a Black woman asked during an Uber all-hands meeting how the company would prevent “tone-deaf, offensive and triggering conversations” from becoming a part of its diversity initiatives.

Ms. Lee fielded the question, arguing that the Moving Forward series was aimed at having tough conversations and not intended to be comfortable.

“Sometimes being pushed out of your own strategic ignorance is the right thing to do,” she said, according to notes taken by an employee who attended the event. The comment prompted more employee outrage and complaints to executives, according to the Slack messages and the employee.

The second of the two events, run by Ms. Lee, was intended to be a dialogue where workers discussed what they had heard in the earlier meeting.

But in Slack groups for Black and Hispanic employees at Uber, workers fumed that instead of a chance to provide feedback or have a dialogue, they were instead being lectured about their response to the initial Don’t Call Me Karen event.

“I felt like I was being scolded for the entirety of that meeting,” one employee wrote.

Another employee took issue with the premise that the term Karen shouldn’t be used.

“I think when people are called Karens it’s implied that this is someone that has little empathy to others or is bothered by minorities others that don’t look like them. Like why can’t bad behavior not be called out?” she wrote.

Employees greeted the news that Ms. Lee was stepping away as a sign that Uber’s leadership was taking their complaints seriously.

One employee wrote that the company’s executives “have heard us, they know we are hurting, and they want to understand what all happened too.”

Gay Professor Placed on Suspension Following Distribution of Controversial Chocolate Bars

Gay Professor Placed on Suspension Following Distribution of Controversial Chocolate Bars

David Richardson, a tenured history professor at Madera Community College in California, is said to have brought gendered chocolate bars to a campus open house on 29 April. The bars were labeled with he/him and she/her pronouns.

He/him bars contained nuts, while she/her bars were nutless. These chocolate bars belonged to Jeremy’s Chocolate, a brand created by Jeremy Boreing, co-CEO of the conservative news outlet The Daily Wire. The creation of this brand was in response to Hershey’s running a trans-inclusive ad campaign for International Women’s Day 2023.

Suspended without notice

Although no immediate response was reported at the event, the following Monday, the professor was handed a notice of administrative leave by a uniformed police officer.

As a result of the suspension, the professor has been denied access to his university email account and is prohibited from entering the campus premises. Furthermore, Richardson asserts that he has not received any communication from the university during this period.

The professor’s response

Richardson told Fox News, “I’m under investigation for allegedly creating a hostile work environment based on gender.” He further expressed his belief that the university administration has sought a pretext to dismiss him due to his dissenting stance on neo pronouns and related matters.

He added, “It seems like everything we do now revolves around this ideology, and the elimination of diverse viewpoints is taking place.”

The professor compared the university’s diversity and inclusion criteria, which aim to foster an accepting and safe environment for LGBTQ+ individuals, to the “Red Scare” of the 1950s.

He likened it to being compelled to take loyalty oaths. He drew parallels to the period of the late 1940s and early 1950s, where individuals were targeted and purged if they did not demonstrate complete commitment to a particular ideology. Richardson expressed concerns about potentially finding himself in a similar situation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ga...12b156f1&ei=31
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Climate activists clash with Pride parade
    Climate change activists have typically gone after UK commuters, museum paintings, or sporting events. But now they protested a pride parade, as their leadership refused to cater to their demands. But what is going on when these liberal movements begin to bump with each other. Which one gets the preferential treatment from local law enforcement?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_fQPOdSOw

This is one of my favorite threads of all time.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...78277498126471

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    STFU Corn Pop and get back in your lane.

https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1720363805182406733

https://twitter.com/IncMonocle/statu...10860464382125

https://twitter.com/WarClandestine/s...62402345177090

The politics of envy.

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok/sta...41886165909736

h/t WarriorLiberty

https://reduxx.info/spain-man-senten...ex-prostitute/

SPAIN: Trans-Identified Male Sentenced To Six Months In Prison After Making “Transphobic” Comments Towards Another Trans-Identified Male For Not Having Genital Surgery

By
    Nuria Muíña García
    February 21, 2024
    EDITOR’S NOTE: A previous version of this article incorrectly referred to one of the parties in this case as a “woman.” This article has been amended after new, previously-unavailable information was released clarifying that both parties in the case are in fact trans-identified males.

The Barcelona High Court has sentenced a trans-identified male to six months in prison after he was found guilty of committing a crime “against fundamental human rights and public freedoms” for posting “transphobic” comments on social media. The man, who has not been named, has also been ordered to pay a fine of 3,850 Euros (approx. $4,161 USD).

The comments were made in 2020 when the man, who will be anonymously referred to as P.O., took to social media to complain about a transgender influencer. While Spanish media did not release the influencer’s name, Reduxx has learned he is Violeta Ferrer Micó, an ex-prostitute and trans activist.

Last summer, Ferrer Micó organized and led a tour of Barcelona, called a “Trans Whoretour,” highlighting key areas where the sex industry had thrived. The tour was organized with the support of the trans theater company TiritiTrans Trans Trans Trans.

In his post, P.O. called Ferrer Micó a “prototype of a ****** with tits,” and stated “he can’t stand that I’m a woman and has a pathological dislike for me.” P.O.’s contention was that he believed he was a “real woman” because he had undergone genital surgery, while Ferrer Micó was not “genuinely” transgender because he had not.

The post reached Ferrer Micó’s work WhatsApp group and he claims that he was “outed” by them and suggested that no one had known he was transgender prior to P.O.’s remarks.

According to statements Ferrer Micó made to Newtral at the time: “From then on, I felt I had to give explanations about my gender identity. Everyone at work found out through Twitter that I never had genital surgery.”

A Barcelona court ordered an “internet radicalism” task force to investigate P.O.’s social media and analyze his comment history to find further “publications that indicate animosity towards the group to which the victim belongs.” The subsequent report determined that the accused man was “not only belligerent with transgender women who are not operated, but also with the LGTBI collective.”

Their evidence included statements he had made in opposition of the Trans Law, which was legislation recently implemented in Spain to make changing an individual’s legal name and gender marker significantly easier. The investigation also found that between February and October of 2020, P.O. had posted several statements on Facebook, Instagram, and X in which he “denied transgender people without genital reassignment the gender with which they identify.”

Other messages that were found to be criminally transphobic included him stating that “there are only two sexes,” and that “transwomen are transvestites.” P.O. also said that “[the trans] community makes me feel infinite disgust.”

The court ruled that the “transphobic messages” had resulted in Ferrer Micó being “exposed” to his friend and work circle as a trans-identified male, suggesting that it had not been obvious or known before.

Spanish women’s rights advocates have cast doubt on that aspect of the case on social media, with one user, @OcheRadfem, asking “does anyone believe that they didn’t know he was a man? Are all the people he works with blind and deaf?”
    Last edited by acptulsa; 02-25-2024 at 02:14 PM.

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast