Thread: Most Americans say pandemic stress ruined their bedroom performance

Exclamation Most Americans say pandemic stress ruined their bedroom performance

Most Americans say pandemic stress ruined their bedroom performance

https://www.studyfinds.org/pandemic-...m-performance/

by Chris Melore

NEW YORK — Although many couples probably had plenty of time to get a little frisky in quarantine, a new study finds most people simply couldn’t get in the mood. Fifty-six percent of Americans agree that their anxiety about the state of the world had a negative impact on their sex life last year.

Roughly the same number (55%) add that stress resulting from work or job-seeking has dampened their sex drive during the coronavirus pandemic. The survey of 2,000 Americans who are sexually active, either alone or with a partner, reveals the negative impacts that 2020 had on sexual satisfaction. Of those who reported a negative impact due to anxiety, nearly six in 10 had sex less frequently last year.
    Is good sex another casualty of COVID-19?

American sex livesConducted by OnePoll on behalf of Foria, the survey also examined respondents’ performance anxiety when it comes to sex. In the past year, six in 10 Americans have felt too “in their head” during sex — and not in a good way.

Fifty-sex percent reported experiencing sexual performance anxiety or concerns that their sexual performance might not meet their partners wants, needs, or expectations. Nearly three in four (73%) who experience this say they’ve felt it more often since the pandemic began.

For three quarters of all respondents, this issue is a pressing one. They add that it’s “extremely” or “very” important to them that they overcome their sexual anxiety.

“Heightened stress impacts your nervous system, and your body will enter fight, flight, or freeze mode. Your nervous system communicates to your body that survival is the priority, and sex & libido are deprioritized on a biological level. Stress levels can also impact your level of arousal, as well as lubrication, desire, and more, so addressing stress levels first is key,” says Kiana Reeves, somatic sex educator and Foria’s Chief Brand Officer, in a statement.

“When it comes to desire and arousal, slowing down and taking your time is essential. Incorporating all-natural sexual wellness formulas, like topical or ingested CBD, can also assist with relaxation, pleasure, and arousal.”
    Are Americans psyching themselves out in the bedroom?

American sex livesThe survey also probed Americans’ comfort levels with sexual spontaneity. Seventy-three percent of all respondents wish they had more spontaneous sex. However, 56 percent say they are also too “in their head” about sex to enjoy new things the first time they try them.

That might have something to do with the fact that nearly six in 10 respondents report rushing through foreplay. While one might expect that the extra time many couples may have had to experiment during the pandemic could have led to some progress in closing the so-called “orgasm gap,” that doesn’t appear to be the case either.

Forty-two percent of men in the poll reported climaxing as often as their partner did. Unfortunately, only 21 percent of women said the same.

“Everybody is unique when it comes to desire and arousal, but one thing is universal – pleasure helps reduce stress and promotes wellbeing,” Reeves adds. “Experimenting with what feels pleasurable and good to you is key to having a satisfying sex life, and tools like CBD can be a great addition to the bedroom – especially as a way to reduce anxiety associated with sex by easing stress, supporting the nervous system, and assisting the body in experiencing more pleasure.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Luckily this didn't effect me.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

There was no downturn for AG
    Do something Danke

“ Fifty-six percent of Americans agree that their anxiety about the state of the world had a negative impact on their sex life last year.”

I think this probably correlates strongly to people who trust the media.

My take away- stop listening to the news, have better sex life.
    No - No - No - No

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BD96979D-D18F-4065-B316-317D1659A594.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	8064
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

This belongs here:

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.