Thread: Any other libertarians in the State of Jefferson?

Any other libertarians in the State of Jefferson?

Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum, and first off would like to know if the Introductions subforum is completely dead or not (if not, I will post a longer introduction of myself there).
    I came from and spent most of my life in a notorious progressive hotbed on the left coast, and voted with my feet by leaving for the State of Jefferson area in my early twenties a couple of years ago. I have been some degree of a libertarian since about 17, but was still unsure of myself politically and shied away from the label for years until the events of last year, which only made me an even greater libertarian than I was before, and have been watching Ron Paul's show nearly every day it has come out since then. I have no party affiliation; I was previously registered with the Libertarian Party, but quickly realized the national party is just Republicrat Lite these days, even though a lot of the state and local parties are pretty cool and I liked a lot of the people in my old city's LP.
    I want to know if anyone here is in any of the Jefferson counties of California or Oregon. I really need to meet new people these days, since virtually everyone I grew up with back home became a leftist except for me, and even though I am someone who can get along with people I disagree with okay most of the time, there is that significant part of my relationships with others that I lost over politics. Even if you are not in this area, I would still like to hear from you, and will be more active on the forum soon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How do you like it up there so far? I was in Tahoe snowboarding a couple of weeks ago. Drove around for a bit and heard the locals complaining about SF folks invading their town. I'm still in the bay area. Planning to move out of state some time near.

I like it a lot more than being in the SF Bay Area, that's for sure. I went back to SF briefly last year, saw how much of an authoritarian nightmare it has become during this pandemic, and am grateful I left (there were signs telling me I was under a "mandatory quarantine" I did not follow with no method of enforcement attached to it whatsoever, yet the exact same people who laughed at Dubya's War on Terror when I was young now do whatever they're told without question).
    My new area also has other SF folks (not ones like me, lol) complaining about how horrible people are here, when they were the ones who chose to move here where there's practically everywhere else in the state they could have gone instead.
    Are you from the Bay Area too? Where would you like to move when you leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Marsh View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum, and first off would like to know if the Introductions subforum is completely dead or not (if not, I will post a longer introduction of myself there).
    I came from and spent most of my life in a notorious progressive hotbed on the left coast, and voted with my feet by leaving for the State of Jefferson area in my early twenties a couple of years ago. I have been some degree of a libertarian since about 17, but was still unsure of myself politically and shied away from the label for years until the events of last year, which only made me an even greater libertarian than I was before, and have been watching Ron Paul's show nearly every day it has come out since then. I have no party affiliation; I was previously registered with the Libertarian Party, but quickly realized the national party is just Republicrat Lite these days, even though a lot of the state and local parties are pretty cool and I liked a lot of the people in my old city's LP.
    I want to know if anyone here is in any of the Jefferson counties of California or Oregon. I really need to meet new people these days, since virtually everyone I grew up with back home became a leftist except for me, and even though I am someone who can get along with people I disagree with okay most of the time, there is that significant part of my relationships with others that I lost over politics. Even if you are not in this area, I would still like to hear from you, and will be more active on the forum soon.
    Greetings and welcome.
    Do something Danke

Per registered decision, member has been banned for violating community standards as interpreted by TheTexan (respect his authoritah) as authorized by Brian4Liberty Ruling

May God have mercy on his atheist, police-hating, non-voting, anarchist soul.
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 05-17-2021 at 09:13 AM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Hold on there Marsh. I remember you. You were that Obama supporter back in '08

Yep. At first I thought I saw the light and regretted not voting for McCain. Then I saw the light for real and now regret not writing in RON PAUL.

Welcome to RPF.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Rand Marsh View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I lived in Trinity County as a kid- always loved the area. I'm currently out of Cali.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.