Thread: IMF supports Global Minimum Tax

Thumbs down IMF supports Global Minimum Tax

Funny, I don't remember voting for any IMF members. And why is it that ONLY government can spend on social & economic things? Unless its so that they can take the money and direct it and spend it as they see fit instead of people and business deciding for themselves.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/gopin...144331721.html

IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath said that the fund has been calling for international cooperation on tax policy “for a long time,” adding that different corporate tax rates around the world have fueled tax shifting and avoidance.

“That reduces the revenues that governments collect to do the needed social and economic spending,” Gopinath told Yahoo Finance Tuesday. “We’re very much in support of having this kind of global minimum corporate tax.”

Gopinath’s remarks are likely to add momentum to U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen’s efforts to start an international dialogue on a new framework. The European Commission on Tuesday also said it supported discussions, but said the ultimate rate should be deliberated through the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).

Yellen recently called on the 20 largest economies to work together to “stop the race to the bottom” by setting a new minimum that would allow governments more stability in collecting tax revenue. The Biden administration is targeting a 21% global minimum tax for U.S. multinational corporations.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The thing about “minimums” is they always go up, especially when it comes to taxes.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

ya , the IMF , yellen , powell , the fed and probably others . $#@! off . The US should have the lowest and these commies can suck it .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    ya , the IMF , yellen , powell , the fed and probably others . $#@! off . The US should have the lowest and these commies can suck it .
    I'd support a one percent tax that bypasses the general fund all together and goes right to the treasury to be applied against debt .
    Do something Danke

Be nice if the IMF wouldn't support taxes of any kind.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Governments should race to the bottom on taxes, unless of course the goal is to keep the population in servitude.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!