Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: The National Debt... Pfft.

  1. #1

    The National Debt... Pfft.

    This is the latest crap being peddled by our pious planners:



    It's hard to believe they crammed so many half-truths and fallacies into 22 minutes, but they did it. Posted yesterday and already viewed 2.7 million times.

    It's pretty sick when you have Hollywood production programming the minds of the uneducated into their own demise.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    I think as long as the debt continues to double at a consistent rate then everything is fine. The important thing is consistency.

    A trillion sounds like a lot today, but 20 years from now it really won't be that much.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  4. #3
    @ 11:45 "absolutely massive tax cut"

    It was like 0.5% LOL OMG SO BIG
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    @ 11:45 "absolutely massive tax cut"

    It was like 0.5% LOL OMG SO BIG
    It would literally take days to contradict every BS claim in that video, which I think is part of the point. The biggest problem is that they get much of their claims right. Especially, when he points out the hypocrisy of Republicans. What they're hiding is that this is a government problem and not a left/right problem.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It would literally take days to contradict every BS claim in that video, which I think is part of the point. The biggest problem is that they get much of their claims right. Especially, when he points out the hypocrisy of Republicans. What they're hiding is that this is a government problem and not a left/right problem.
    Well we did hit 100% GDP in debt and no crisis happened.

    Let's aim for 200% GDP as next milestone, should be fine probably
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Well we did hit 100% GDP in debt and no crisis happened.

    Let's aim for 200% GDP as next milestone, should be fine probably
    It's funny what being the reserve currency of the world and a massive military will do for you. There is really no limit - until all of a sudden, there is.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I think as long as the debt continues to double at a consistent rate then everything is fine. The important thing is consistency.

    A trillion sounds like a lot today, but 20 years from now it really won't be that much.
    It might still buy a loaf of bread.
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Define Terrorist please.

    According to, well, pretty much both political parties, the other party is now guilty of Terrorism.
    Listening to the mainstream media is like standing under a power line when the birds are migrating.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It might still buy a loaf of bread.


    Caption: "Honey, I'm going down to 7-11 to get a pack of smokes, be right back..."

    (PS: Once hyper-inflation begins, people will stop caring about anti-smoking virtue-signaling...)
    Jesus Is Lord



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    This is the latest crap being peddled by our pious planners:



    It's hard to believe they crammed so many half-truths and fallacies into 22 minutes, but they did it. Posted yesterday and already viewed 2.7 million times.

    It's pretty sick when you have Hollywood production programming the minds of the uneducated into their own demise.
    They are reaching new lows. Who ever imagined that The Ministry of Truth would have such slick production. They try hard to make it entertaining.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They are reaching new lows. Who ever imagined that The Ministry of Truth would have such slick production. They try hard to make it entertaining.
    Even harder to believe that the Ministry of Truth has a loyal following whose minds cannot be unfucked. Not only do they love what they're hearing, they'll pay for it and share it to their other mindless minions. The only reason I share it here is as a testimony to what we're up against.

    BTW, this is why you can't allow Republicans to forget the debt when they're in power. That whole Trump episode did us no favors. It might have felt good to some for a minute, but the damage should be unmistakable by now.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  13. #11
    I got this covered...drinks are on me.

    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823

  14. #12
    Nancy Pelosi is in charge of the money supply now...

    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul
    They are what they hate.” - B4L


    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

  15. #13
    Surprised John Oliver is even on the air still.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  16. #14
    John Oliver is horrible and dishonest and this piece is no different with his smears against Cruz and Mick Mulvaney. That said....

    Debt and deficits can influence inflation, but ultimately monetary policy entirely determines inflation. Japan had deflation running the biggest deficits in world history because money was extremely tight.

    The problem with government spending is it consumes resources and changes incentives and slows long term growth. But the current big spending probably isn't going to end in calamity. It is far more likely to end in a period of perpetually slow growth with high interest rates and high taxes.


  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    It's funny what being the reserve currency of the world and a massive military will do for you. There is really no limit - until all of a sudden, there is.
    ^^^this^^^

    Yes, the M.I.C. is there to create the demand for the Dollars. As long as there is demand for these dollars there will be an endless supply. However, now China has the digital Yuan to break away from the Dollar hegemony so if other nations start to demand digital Yuan instead then the Dollar is threatened and demand for it wanes and you know the rest.

  18. #16



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17

  21. #18
    The attack is coming from all sides, economic, political and the streets. The FED is buying 120 billion in bonds every month right now to keep this sinking boat afloat, they will have to buy even more with the lunatics running the country now. There will be a massive crash coming and a reset, I don't see any other way out. The Fed had said in its policy meeting that it would continue to buy $120 billion in bonds each month until the economy made 'substantial further progress'¯ toward the Fed's goals of maximum employment and stable 2% inflation.

    https://www.dailyherald.com/article/...ess/301149911/
    Haul out that picture of Stonewall, tack it up with an old gray pin
    Raise up them Stars and Bars, the South shall rise again!"- Johnny Rebel


    All I know is that to see and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell, Rivers of Blood Speech


    "Unless we make sure that there is no infiltration of our country, then just as certain as you sit there, in the period of our lives you will see a red world."
    -Joseph McCarthy

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I think as long as the debt continues to double at a consistent rate then everything is fine. The important thing is consistency.

    A trillion sounds like a lot today, but 20 years from now it really won't be that much.
    Worst thing about your comments is; It's the actual reality that we live in.
    "I am a bird"

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I got this covered...drinks are on me.

    Funniest thing here is, they actually had a Reserve Bank that must have employed actual bankers, people with an education and since it's in banking I'm quite sure they would have heard about the 1930's. But they ended up signing 100T$ bills.
    Seriously. The one upside is, their salary most likely was also paid in this worthless currency...
    "I am a bird"

  24. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I got this covered...drinks are on me.

    Sweet , I have one too , we can drink until the ship goes down!
    Do something Danke

  25. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    John Oliver is horrible and dishonest and this piece is no different with his smears against Cruz and Mick Mulvaney. That said....

    Debt and deficits can influence inflation, but ultimately monetary policy entirely determines inflation. Japan had deflation running the biggest deficits in world history because money was extremely tight.

    The problem with government spending is it consumes resources and changes incentives and slows long term growth. But the current big spending probably isn't going to end in calamity. It is far more likely to end in a period of perpetually slow growth with high interest rates and high taxes.

    Yes , that is the brightest outlook , little growth , high taxes and high interest .It will be like a combination of obama and carter.
    Do something Danke

  26. #23



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-02-2012, 07:53 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 07:48 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2009, 01:56 AM
  4. Our National Debt Has Outgrown The 'National Debt Clock'
    By ohgodno in forum Grassroots Central
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 07:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •