Thread: My mother passed on Thursday...

My mother passed on Thursday...

She was 91 years old. Her twin sister died several years ago. She had congestive heart failure for 20 years. A real fighter. Even though she was a lifelong democrat, she warned me of the dangers of socialized medicine back in the 1970s. She and her sister were medical technologists (the first black medical technologists in Birmingham AL and that's a story all in itself). She never owned a gun but she was a natural crack shot. I did get her to vote for Ron Paul in the primary the second time he ran. She got a kick out of asking for the "republican" ballot that year as in that small mostly white town where everyone had known her since she was a little girl they were expecting her to vote democrat as she had done every year previously. She had a lot of wisdom and she will be missed. She is resting in Jesus. We have the blessed hope of the resurrection.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 16

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

I've started playing guitar for about a year now. While my mom was strong she played the piano with me. Once she specifically requested this song. It reminded her that she would be reunited with her sister one day. She also had two brothers, one who is still alive.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry to hear this man... I'm back in Nashville for a bit, we should hang out and catch up sometime.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Sorry to hear this man... I'm back in Nashville for a bit, we should hang out and catch up sometime.
    Thanks! And sure thing.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Sincere condolences from the AF family.

Nice to hear the pleasant stories and anecdotes about her life and obviously strong bond you had.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

Peace to your family.

Sorry to hear this. It is not an easy thing. She seemed a helluva woman. You're testament to that.

I can tell she was a great woman because she raised a great son. I know she's with God, but it's hard to give up a living source of God's love and wisdom here on Earth, which is what a mother is. My condolences.

Sorry to hear that, I recently lost both of my parents too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like an awesome lady. All my condolences.

Oh ((((jmdrake)))))) so sorry to hear of your loss. There is nothing like a mothers love. I know she will RIP along with her sister and in the loving arms of our Savior.

We're spreading Mom's ashes next weekend. Hard to think of Easter as a time of rebirth under circumstances like this, isn't it? And yet, that's exactly what it is.

God's comfort to you, my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

You are very blessed to have had your mom for 91 years.

Please be comforted knowing that you were a great part of her life which was well lived.

So sorry for your loss Jmdrake. May she RIP.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Condolences, deaths in the family are always hard.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like she raised you well.

Sorry for your loss. May the Spirit of the Lord comfort you at this time.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Memory eternal to your mother. May the Lord grant her peace and rest.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

I know you're still thinking of her, but I'm thinking of you. I know it doesn't seem fair that the world keeps turning and the sun keeps coming up when she's not here to see it. But it is fair. She saw a lot of sunrises that you and I weren't around to enjoy.

I know it's too soon to smell the roses. But you know she wants you to do just that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...