Thread: MLB Caves to Biden, Moves All-Star Game in Response to GA Voting Law

Exclamation MLB Caves to Biden, Moves All-Star Game in Response to GA Voting Law

Need an ID to buy your $14 dollar a cup piss beer, but not to vote to take my liberty away.

My hatred for commercial sports is reaching levels I never thought it would.

MLB Caves to Biden, Moves All-Star Game in Response to GA Voting Law

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...ga-voting-law/

Dylan Gwinn 2 Apr 2021

Major League Baseball is moving its All-Star Game from Atlanta in response to a recently passed voting reform law in Georgia, ESPN reports.

MLB issued a press release announcing the move on Friday.

Whoa: The @MLB is relocating the All-Star game and Draft from Georgia over the restrictive voting law

“Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box.” pic.twitter.com/ZfWxH0ceHe

— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) April 2, 2021

ESPN’s lead MLB reporter Jeff Passan also shared the news:

Here is the full release from MLB. The money line from commission Rob Manfred: “Major League Baseball fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box.” pic.twitter.com/3tghCUDM47

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) April 2, 2021

Last month, Major League Baseball Players Association President Tony Clark said that his union members wanted to relocate the game after Georgia passed the voter reform bill.

“Players are very much aware” of the Georgia voting bill, Clark told the Boston Globe. “As it relates to the All-Star Game, we have not had a conversation with the league on that issue – if there is an opportunity to, we would look forward to having that conversation.”

As Breitbart’s Warner Todd Huston reports:

The new law was praised by Heritage Action Executive Director Jessica Anderson, who said, ‘Reforms to make voter ID requirements and early voting access more consistent statewide, modernize the state’s voting rolls, and ensure robust oversight of voting and elections will protect Georgia’s votes and make the state a model for the rest of the country.’

However, liberals have attacked the state’s new law aimed at tightening the overly loose rules governing state elections that sent the state into chaos during the 2020 elections. The left is riling supporters by mischaracterizing the law as ‘voter suppression’ and even calling it ‘white supremacy.’

There had been reports that MLB might choose to use the Atlanta-based All-Star Game as a platform for social justice in response to the voter reform bill. However, apparently, those plans changed.

Notably, MLB’s decision to move the game flies in the face of the advice given by 2018 failed Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams, who advised against relocating the game due to the economic damage it could do to “voters of color.”

MLB has not yet said where this year’s All-Star Game will take place.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    My hatred for commercial sports is reaching levels I never thought it would.
    You are not alone. From my "White Pills" thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1376922943457013762
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 04-02-2021 at 03:59 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Well, here's hoping the state legislature will draft a bill not allowing for any tax breaks for any MLB activities, stadiums, etc. and tax the $#@! out of them.

Love seeing sports organization get mad over stuff like this.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

The following things are not racist:

-Requiring an ID to get vaccinated
    -Requiring an ID to pick up tickets at the window at a baseball game
    -Requiring ID to buy a beer at a baseball game
    -Mandating a vaccine passport for the essentials of life

Things that are racist:
    -Requiring an ID to vote
    -Closing polls at 5 pm on early voting days
    -Not allowing election volunteers to interact with people waiting in line to vote by bringing food and water.

Lets see.......Atlanta is democrat, ball sports in Ga. take place in Atlanta.........So the dems are punishing Atlanta because the rest of the state votes differently than Atlanta.

This only makes sense in dem-world...

GA GOP Votes To STRIP $35M In Tax Breaks From Delta For Crying About Voter Law, GET WOKE GO BROKE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxRT7oVtaz0

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

https://twitter.com/SenMikeLee/statu...16038890377220

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    The following things are not racist:

-Requiring an ID to get vaccinated
    -Requiring an ID to pick up tickets at the window at a baseball game
    -Requiring ID to buy a beer at a baseball game
    -Mandating a vaccine passport for the essentials of life

Things that are racist:
    -Requiring an ID to vote
    -Closing polls at 5 pm on early voting days
    -Not allowing election volunteers to interact with people waiting in line to vote by bringing food and water.
    I remember a few years ago when some state added passports to the list of acceptable IDs. They claimed that was going to restrict voting rights because only wealthy white people have passports. Of course the problem with that "logic" was the passport was being ADDED to the list of acceptable IDs, not REPLACING the existing acceptable IDs. Duh.

https://twitter.com/wokal_distance/s...87367177613316

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1381355140628815880

Leftists hate this GA voting law so badly that when the 2022 midterm elections and the 2024 presidential election comes around Democrats will go in quietly when nobody is looking and get rid of this law unconstitutionally.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

God bless Georgia. They should start their own baseball league and remind everyone that baseball is a sport and not propaganda.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” - Thomas Jefferson

Forum Friends get $20 off your $200 order - save money on bulk ammo as we donate to your favorite pro-freedom group.

Nothing to see here, really. Just more lying and corruption from the corporate media ...

USA Today Rewrites Stacy Abrams "Boycott Georgia" Column To Give Her Cover
    USA Today rewrites Stacy Abrams column so that her calls for the MLB to pull the All Star Game out of Atlanta would no longer be what she was demanding, and now would appear to be what she opposed.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE2_8vFm6qs

Atlanta wins World Series. Retain Braves nickname. Karma anyone? lol

Awesome tomahawk chop from a few weeks ago. They are using lit phones as tomahawks. Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I'm glad they one for two reasons. I hate the PC police and the Astros.