Thread: Missouri considering bill that would create armed ‘Minutemen’ volunteer force

Missouri considering bill that would create armed ‘Minutemen’ volunteer force

Lawmakers in Missouri are considering legislation that would make it legal to create a Missouri Minutemen, a group of legal gun owners who could be called to action by the governor.

On Tuesday, state senators discussed S.B. 258, which would establish “that there shall be the minutemen of the state which shall be called into service by the governor for use in defense during a state of emergency with consent of two-thirds of the General Assembly.”

According to the legislation, any legal Missouri resident who is legally able to own a firearm will be allowed to voluntarily join the minutemen through the Department of Public Safety.

State Senator Bill White, author of the bill, said the minutemen are not a militia. They would be used in a “Civilization Threatening Event” as additional support for law enforcement and other government entities.

Volunteers would be required to “secure themselves with firearms, firearm accessories, ammunition, uniforms, equipment, and supplies necessary to perform any duties as assigned by the governor.”

Additionally, volunteers’ firearms, accessories, ammunition, uniforms, equipment and supplies would be considered state property “for purposes of sovereignty and jurisdiction in matters of judicial, taxation, and police powers exercised by the state when a member is called into service,” protecting them from attempted federal seizures.
    <My firearms aren't yours unless you are purchasing them for me. And if you are buying I have pretty extensive list. phill4paul>

The bill states that firearms and equipment will also not be subjected to taxes or registration requirements.

Only volunteer’s name and address will be recorded by the department, and the law would also prohibit the disclosure of volunteers’ information.

“Any person responsible for any unauthorized disclosure of this list, in part or in whole, shall be subject to a $1,000 fine per each name that is disclosed and a Class E felony,” the legislation states.

Under the legislation, the governor – who would act as commander in chief of the minutemen – would also be required to publish organization, discipline and training regulations.

Peter Lucier, an advocate for gun control with Everytown for Gun Safety, criticized the legislation.

“The problem isn’t this bill which is going nowhere, the problem is rising extremism in this country,” he said. “Not only is it a distraction from those common-sense solutions, but it’s a nod towards extremists in our community and I don’t think the government should be in the business of that.”

“This isn’t a bill that protects civil liberties, this isn’t a bill that helps gun owners,” Lucier continued. “I think we have strong 2nd Amendment protections in Missouri, I don’t think they need to be bolstered. This is a fear-based reaction.” < Of course you 'don't think.' It'd suck for your Org to be cock-blocked with this kind of legislation. phill4paul>

https://americanmilitarynews.com/202...unagAsqPqsHPZM

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    meh.......

There isn't a Missouri governor that I would help or follow since 1861.

After the Confederate bombardment of Fort Sumter in South Carolina on April 12–13, President Abraham Lincoln issued a proclamation for the states to call up their militia and provide 75,000 troops to the Federal government to suppress the rebellion. He sent specific requests to all states, including Missouri.

Jackson responded,

Sir: Your dispatch of the 15th instant, making a call on Missouri for four regiments of men for immediate service, has been received. There can be, I apprehend, no doubt that the men are intended to form a part of the President's army to make war upon the people of the seceded states. Your requisition, in my judgment, is illegal, unconstitutional, and revolutionary in its object, inhuman, and diabolical and cannot be complied with. Not one man will the State of Missouri furnish to carry on any unholy crusade.
    Claiborne Fox Jackson, Missouri governor from 1861 until expelled by Federal forces in later 1861

Everything government gets involved in it $#@!s up.

Sounds like they want to make a list of people for the federal government that would be willing to take up arms on behalf of their state against the feds.

That's exactly what the 2nd Amendment is about- no "bill" is needed.
    There is no spoon.

And, of course, "our" side bails out.

We better organize some $#@!ing way, and goddamn soon, or we're gonna get genocided out of existence, and I ain't kidding.

Everybody in this thread bitching about this, what appears to be a good first step AFAIC, have every one of you started organizing your local Committee of Safety yet?

If not, why not?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

We better organize some $#@!ing way, and goddamn soon, or we're gonna get genocided out of existence, and I ain't kidding.

Everybody in this thread bitching about this, what appears to be a good first step AFAIC, have every one of you started organizing your local Committee of Safety yet?

If not, why not?
    When "they" start drafting legislation that refuses to prosecute the citizenry for bearing arms, organizing and practicing etc. and that doesn't report to Jeff City then count me in.

The idea that state run government is any better than federal run government is nuts, it may be marginally better but every state has big cities and every state government panders to them.

Out here in the rural Ozarks the locals pay lip service to the state and feds while quietly preparing for the collapse of the cities. The upside of all the BS over the last couple decades is that matters of contention between "them" and "us" are discussed openly instead of quietly in small groups.

A governor that called for armed action for the wrong reason would be ignored so swearing fealty to one is kinda silly.

Missouri is a good example, Springfield is the largest city in the Ozarks yet it's gone to complete $#@! over the last 30-40 years and it's likely the local government would side with KC and St.Louis if there was a call to stand against the feds. When you combine inbreeding with generations of copsuckery then stack the result 10k+ to the acre there's a volatile mix that I'll have no part of.

Sure it's good that Missouri lawmakers realize that there's a problem but there's problems with Missouri too! I wouldn't trust a suit-n-tie wearing $#@! out of Jeff City any farther than I could drop-kick an anvil.

Last edited by ClaytonB; 04-02-2021 at 12:21 PM.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

If not, why not?
    Large militias under the command of state governments, even if you could trust the motivations of that government, are foolish tactically. It would be like the U.S. military attacking a small country. Small groups of armed men, friends, family, neighborhoods that can carry out guerilla tactics scattered around the whole country, stretching out the federal government until it collapses economically or in public opinion would be much more effective and probably the only chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Out here in the rural Ozarks the locals pay lip service to the state and feds while quietly preparing for the collapse of the cities. The upside of all the BS over the last couple decades is that matters of contention between "them" and "us" are discussed openly instead of quietly in small groups.
    This is the smart play. If you take seriously the idea that the US government has been taken over from within by a soft-coup of native-born traitors and foreign "elites" (mostly of European/British origin, not Chinese), then why are you marching out in the public square to show your strength/numbers/preparation??? Do you seriously think you can intimidate people who literally have their trigger finger on the world's largest nuclear arsenal? Not to mention the world's strongest military (by a long-shot) and up-armored, militarized police. If it must go to civil war (let us pray it never comes to that!), then the time to roll out in force is after the enemy is weakened and economically strangulated by the collapse of their own "system". You can't attack Panem while a steady stream of Tributes continues to flow in...

Sure it's good that Missouri lawmakers realize that there's a problem but there's problems with Missouri too! I wouldn't trust a suit-n-tie wearing $#@! out of Jeff City any farther than I could drop-kick an anvil.
    That's why I posted the MIAC report... I wonder how many names on that report are also supporters of this bill?
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Large militias under the command of state governments, even if you could trust the motivations of that government, are foolish tactically. It would be like the U.S. military attacking a small country. Small groups of armed men, friends, family, neighborhoods that can carry out guerilla tactics scattered around the whole country, stretching out the federal government until it collapses economically or in public opinion would be much more effective and probably the only chance of success.
    Valid point
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

I posted this because it was interesting, but highlighted my contention. I'm not about to put my arms under state government control and registration. That's a no go from the onset. I would be more than happy to allow the state to buy my equipment in exchange for my service and training.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I posted this because it was interesting, but highlighted my contention. I'm not about to put my arms under state government control and registration. That's a no go from the onset. I would be more than happy to allow the state to buy my equipment in exchange for my service and training.
    Thank you for posting this.

I live here and have not heard about this.

This doesn't seem necessary since we already have a 2nd Amendment.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge