Thread: New Zealand raises minimum wage to $20 an hour

New Zealand raises minimum wage to $20 an hour

Independent: New Zealand raises minimum wage to $20 an hour - Taxes on the riches New Zealanders are being raised

Those cheap, elitist, capitalist rats are raising MW to $20?!?? What an insult to humble workers like "supermarket workers, cleaners, and security guards"!!! I'm so mad rn! MW should be $40 at least... A single mom earning $20/hr, bringing home, what, $30K after taxes (if she's lucky!), $24k of that goes right out the door on rent assuming she rents a decent (aka not dangerous) 2 or 3 bedroom apartment, leaving hardly $500/month to feed and clothe herself and her children!?? And we're supposed to celebrate this!?

BTW, I'm not actually joking. MW doesn't "raise" any wages, it outlaws low-wage jobs which are the very jobs that the poor are depending on to make ends meet. It cuts out the bottom rungs of the ladder and the "humanitarian" imposers of MW don't bother to buy up the surplus labor that cannot find employment below the MW rate. Absolutely disgusting.
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the article:
    The rise in wages means that the income of 175,500 New Zealanders will be increased by $44 (£22.30) each week.
    No, Bethany Dawson, it does not mean that. And an objective journalist reporting facts dispassionately wouldn't so casually throw a claim like that into their article, stating it as if it's simply a fact.

I think its 15 in australia, what was new zealand , 18.90 ?
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-01-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    Do something Danke

That's cheap. They should have made it $500.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That's cheap. They should have made it $500.
    Exactly. Why don't NZ politicians want their citizenry to be wealthy? Why are the conspiring to keep them on the verge of destitution when they could just raise the MW and make the whole country wealthy???
    Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonB View Post
    Exactly. Why don't NZ politicians want their citizenry to be wealthy? Why are the conspiring to keep them on the verge of destitution when they could just raise the MW and make the whole country wealthy???
    White supremacy.

That's how they stay in power, by making sure only a few are getting wealthy.