Thread: Captain Underpants goes in

Exclamation Captain Underpants goes in

Captain Underpants’ Publisher Pulls Graphic Children’s Book Because It ‘Perpetuates Passive Racism’

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...assive-racism/

Breitbart News 29 Mar 2021

NEW YORK (AP) — A graphic novel for children from the wildly popular “Captain Underpants” series is being pulled from library and book store shelves after its publisher said it “perpetuates passive racism.”

The book under scrutiny is 2010’s “The Adventures of Ook and Gluk” by Dav Pilkey, who has apologized, saying it “contains harmful racial stereotypes” and is “wrong and harmful to my Asian readers.”

The book follows about a pair of friends who travel from 500,001 B.C. to 2222, where they meet a martial arts instructor who teaches them kung fu and they learn principles found in Chinese philosophy.

Scholastic said it had removed the book from its websites, stopped processing orders for it and sought a return of all inventory. “We will take steps to inform schools and libraries who may still have this title in circulation of our decision to withdraw it from publication,” the publisher said in a statement.

Pilkey in a YouTube statement said he planned to donate his advance and all royalties from the book’s sales to groups dedicated to stopping violence against Asians and to promoting diversity in children’s books and publishing.

“I hope that you, my readers, will forgive me, and learn from my mistake that even unintentional and passive stereotypes and racism are harmful to everyone,” he wrote. “I apologize, and I pledge to do better.”

The decision comes amid a wave of high-profile and sometimes deadly violence against Asian Americans since the pandemic began.

Earlier this month, the estate of Dr. Seuss said six of his books would no longer be published because they contained depictions of groups that were “hurtful and wrong,” including Asian Americans. The move drew immediate reaction on social media from those who called it another example of “cancel culture.”
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Absurdity of Captain Underpants Cancellation - Viva Frei Vlawg
    Cancel culture has claimed its latest victim - Captain Underpants. Or at least the spin-off "Ook and Gluk". It's absurd. Here's the breakdown.
    https://rumble.com/vf7bvd-the-absurd...rei-vlawg.html
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Captain Underpants set Asian Americans back hundreds of years. It's time for the violence to end: Cancel Captain Underpants. Or at least demote him to Commander Underpants.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.” - Thomas Jefferson

Forum Friends get $20 off your $200 order - save money on bulk ammo as we donate to your favorite pro-freedom group.

Quote Originally Posted by ammodotcom View Post
    Captain Underpants set Asian Americans back hundreds of years. It's time for the violence to end: Cancel Captain Underpants. Or at least demote him to Commander Underpants.
    Lt. j.g. Underpants?

Ensign Underpants?
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

they did not address the Neanderthal 'caveman' Cro-Magnon and/or Early Modern Human stereotypes OOK and GLUK are allowing to continue on... in our mass culture. Seriously said. https://www.npr.org/sections/13.7/20...tereotypes-die