Thread: USA Today Editor Fired After Blaming ‘Angry White Man’ for Boulder Shooting

Exclamation USA Today Editor Fired After Blaming ‘Angry White Man’ for Boulder Shooting

USA Today Editor Fired After Blaming ‘Angry White Man’ for Boulder Shooting

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lder-shooting/

Nate Church 27 Mar 2021

USA Today‘s Hemal Jhaveri said she was fired Friday, after publicly asserting the Boulder, Colorado, mass shooter would be an “angry white man.”

USA Today “Race and Inclusion” Editor Hemal Jhaveri responded to a tweet by Deadspin Editor Julie DiCaro regarding Monday’s deadly mass shooting in a Boulder, Colorado, supermarket. “Extremely tired of people’s lives depending on whether a white man with an AR-15 is having a good day or not,” DiCaro wrote.

Extremely tired of people's lives depending on whether a white man with an AR-15 is having a good day or not.

— Julie DiCaro wrote a book (@JulieDiCaro) March 23, 2021

Jhaveri responded with the assertion that “it’s always an angry white man. always.” When police announced the shooter was Syrian-born Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, Jhaveri hurried to delete her tweet. She was not fast enough, however, to keep her job.

Numerous tweets accusing her of racism flooded the conversation, along with those calling for USA Today to fire her. “I’m shocked and appalled that the Race and Inclusion editor at a major newspaper, is, in fact, a racist,” The Rubin Report’s Dave Rubin tweeted, with a screenshot of the now-deleted tweet.

I’m shocked and appalled that the Race and Inclusion editor at a major newspaper, is, in fact, a racist. (And pronouns in bio, of course.) pic.twitter.com/lhP7mKTRj6

— Dave Rubin (@RubinReport) March 23, 2021

By Friday, Jhaveri announced the outcry had worked, and she was no longer associated with the outlet. “I am no longer employed at USA TODAY, a company that was my work home for almost eight years,” she wrote in an essay published on Medium.

“I wish I were more surprised by it, but I’m not,” she admitted. “Some part of me has been waiting for this to happen because I can’t do the work I do and write the columns I write without invoking the ire and anger of alt-right Twitter.”

After outlining other issues — including what she described as “micro-aggressions and outright racist remarks from the majority white staff” — she allegedly experienced at the outlet, Jhaveri said neglecting the comfort of white readers ultimately led to her dismissal.

“As a columnist and editor, I’ve had to walk the fine line of advocating for diverse and better stories, while also realizing that the comfort of our white audiences needed to be kept top of mind,” she wrote. “On social media, that is what I failed at.”

Outlets want 'diverse voices,' then get upset when those voices draw the ire of the very well-organized right wing outrage machine. https://t.co/8MOeOPaZNq

— Julie DiCaro wrote a book (@JulieDiCaro) March 26, 2021

DiCaro offered public support. “Outlets want ‘diverse voices,'” she tweeted Friday evening, “then get upset when those voices draw the ire of the very well-organized right wing outrage machine.”

USA Today parent company Gannett released a statement to Fox News, stressing the outlet was “founded on the basis of diversity, equity and inclusion.” The spokesperson said the outlet holds its employees “accountable to these principles both personally and professionally.”

“While we can’t discuss personnel matters and don’t want to comment on the specifics of her statements on Medium, we firmly believe in and stand by our principles of diversity and inclusion,” the spokesperson added.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know this woman is a certified psychopath who needs serious help when she blames "Alt-Right Twitter".
    Haul out that picture of Stonewall, tack it up with an old gray pin
    Raise up them Stars and Bars, the South shall rise again!"- Johnny Rebel

All I know is that to see and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.
    -Enoch Powell, Rivers of Blood Speech

"Unless we make sure that there is no infiltration of our country, then just as certain as you sit there, in the period of our lives you will see a red world."
    -Joseph McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by Joe McCarthy View Post
    You know this woman is a certified psychopath who needs serious help when she blames "Alt-Right Twitter".
    Ya , clearly a mental patient
    Do something Danke

The opinion writers at USA Today are disgusting and insane.

Hank Haney (Tiger Woods' old coach) said that he couldn't name 5 players on the LPGA Tour when asked about his LPGA US Open prediction. When pressed he joked someone named Lee would win. And funny enough Jeongeun Lee6 won. (There have been six women with the same name on the tour.)

Because of his innocent joke he has been banished from everything. Here is the woke piece that kicked off his expulsion. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/1275733001/

CRT is a hustle, and everyone knows it. Yet it is infecting every aspect of society, and no one is standing up against it. People will only stand up against it once they have lost what they now fear losing. And by then it will be too late.

This is the most bizarre case of slow-motion self-immolation in human history. The collapse of the American empire is going to make the collapse of the Roman empire seem like a Dr. Seuss book.