Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

  1. #1

    Exclamation Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

    Dated news that slipped through below the MSM radars:


    Nobel Prize winners to be announced in Stockholm, Oslo in October

    Wed, 24 March, 2021

    Stockholm [Sweden], March 24 (ANI/Sputnik): Winners of this year's Nobel Prize will be announced in early October in Stockholm and Oslo, the Nobel Foundation said on Wednesday.

    "This year's Nobel Prize announcements will take place from 4-11 October," the foundation said in a statement.
    news.yahoo.com/nobel-prize-winners-announced-stockholm-151555083.html





    Biden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize


    Oct 4, 2020
    WASHINGTON (NEXSTAR) — There’s not much Democrat Joe Biden and Republican President Donald Trump have in common. Except now, both can say they’ve been nominated for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize.
    Chris Bryant, member of Parliament of the United Kingdom, told the London Evening Standard he nominated Biden for using the positive power of word instead of resorting to rhetoric that could lead to violence.

    “When others have resorted to violent solutions, he has argued that the best force is the force of argument,” Bryant told the Standard. “Because guns can stop a heart but well-placed words can change many hearts, and many hearts can change a world.”
    wivb.com/news/top-stories/biden-nominated-for-nobel-peace-prize-2/


    Not clear so far if interests allied with the lobbies that helped with coup against Trump are behind this nomination.



    Related


    "ISIS" news headlines in US media have dropped by 92% since Trump win
    'America is back' — Biden vows close coordination with allies on security threats like ISIS, Afghanistan
    The American president told world leaders he wants to work in close partnership again on a host of complex global security challenges.
    Military Times Feb 21
    Biden promised to end ‘forever wars.’ Then he bombed Syria.
    The bombing took place as President Biden pushes for an extension of his war powers.
    March 12, 2021
    Why ISIS coverage sounds familiar
    The evolving narrative about a new terrorist threat is reminiscent of the Iraq War
    archives.cjr.org/behind_the_news/why_isis_coverage_sounds_famil.php


    Poll: Nobel Peace Prize for Donald J Trump

    Piers Morgan Calls for Trump To Receive Nobel Peace Prize for Korean Peninsula Bargaining



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    More evidence that the Nobel Peace Price is garbage at this point.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  4. #3
    I wonder if ED made the nomination ?
    Do something Danke

  5. #4
    Nope, he had voted for Iraqi freedom war. Do you think so called 'treacherous backstabber lobbies' could be behind this?
    Assuming ss's claim is confirmed.

    "Not clear so far if interests allied with the lobbies that helped with coup against Trump are behind this nomination."



  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    More evidence that the Nobel Peace Price is garbage at this point.
    I'm curious...when did they "jump the shark"?

    Back in the sixties?...more recently?

    They've been irrelevant to me since the anti nuke nuts during the Reagan admin.
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm curious...when did they "jump the shark"?

    Back in the sixties?...more recently?

    They've been irrelevant to me since the anti nuke nuts during the Reagan admin.
    You might not agree with the "anti nuke nuts" but at least they were advocating for peace. Obama increased drone strikes and got a Peace Prize. To add insult to injury, during his acceptance speech he spat on the idea of non-violence.

    I make this statement mindful of what Martin Luther King said in this same ceremony years ago - “Violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones.” As someone who stands here as a direct consequence of Dr. King’s life’s work, I am living testimony to the moral force of non-violence. I know there is nothing weak -nothing passive - nothing naïve - in the creed and lives of Gandhi and King.

    But as a head of state sworn to protect and defend my nation, I cannot be guided by their examples alone. I face the world as it is, and cannot stand idle in the face of threats to the American people. For make no mistake: evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler’s armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda’s leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force is sometimes necessary is not a call to cynicism - it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.

    I raise this point because in many countries there is a deep ambivalence about military action today, no matter the cause. At times, this is joined by a reflexive suspicion of America, the world’s sole military superpower.


    It was that speech that took me from ambivalence to outright disdain for president Obama. And it confirmed in my mind that the Nobel "Peace" Prize was garbage.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

    Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

    "I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

    "We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

    "It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    You might not agree with the "anti nuke nuts" but at least they were advocating for peace. Obama increased drone strikes and got a Peace Prize. To add insult to injury, during his acceptance speech he spat on the idea of non-violence.

    I make this statement mindful of what Martin Luther King said in this same ceremony years ago - “Violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones.” As someone who stands here as a direct consequence of Dr. King’s life’s work, I am living testimony to the moral force of non-violence. I know there is nothing weak -nothing passive - nothing naïve - in the creed and lives of Gandhi and King.

    But as a head of state sworn to protect and defend my nation, I cannot be guided by their examples alone. I face the world as it is, and cannot stand idle in the face of threats to the American people. For make no mistake: evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler’s armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda’s leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force is sometimes necessary is not a call to cynicism - it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.

    I raise this point because in many countries there is a deep ambivalence about military action today, no matter the cause. At times, this is joined by a reflexive suspicion of America, the world’s sole military superpower.


    It was that speech that took me from ambivalence to outright disdain for president Obama. And it confirmed in my mind that the Nobel "Peace" Prize was garbage.
    The anti-nuke power nuts.

    I made that statement because I just happened to be reading an article about how Jackson Browne was protesting the Seabrook NH power station back in 1978.

    Here we are 43 years later and nothing but clean, efficient production of power.

    Gotcha about Obama.
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823



Similar Threads

  1. BLM nominated for Nobel peace prize #NotTheOnion
    By ClaytonB in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2021, 04:44 PM
  2. Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
    By Badnon Wissenshaftler in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-10-2020, 02:07 PM
  3. Trump Nominated for NOBEL PEACE PRIZE
    By presence in forum 2016 Presidential Election: GOP & Dem
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-15-2017, 05:48 PM
  4. WikiLeaks Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
    By Chieppa1 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 05:18 PM
  5. Congressman Paul should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize?
    By itshappening in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •