Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Appeals court rules bump stock devices are not ‘machine guns’

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You are right. It doesn't mean that.

What it does mean (and this was my point in posting the story) is that putting faith in the courts to "do the right thing" is idiotically misguided.

It's a gamble at absolute best. Even worse, in the case of Trump's bump stock EO, it's a gamble that doesn't even have any payoff if you win - at best, you'll just get a return to the status quo ante.

Trump's executive-order bump-stock shenanigans were stupid and foolish, and even if we put the most charitable 3D-chess MAGA-fu spin on them (instead of just accepting the obvious fact that Trump was a half-assed gun grabber), they were all risk in return for no gain.

I'll say this again for the third time, because it so aptly summarizes even the best outcome that can be hoped for:
    I don't think you understand the strategic complexities of the issue. It's OK - very few people have the intellectual capacity to operate at such high levels of genius. It will cause only headaches in lesser minds.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Add to that Trump shilling for red flag laws and even for a renewed assault weapons ban.
    Part of the plan.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Add to that Trump shilling for red flag laws and even for a renewed assault weapons ban.
    "I like taking guns away early. Take the guns first, go through due process second." -- Donald J. Trump

#MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I don't think you understand the strategic complexities of the issue. It's OK - very few people have the intellectual capacity to operate at such high levels of genius. It will cause only headaches in lesser minds.
    You may be right. I should probably just go lay down with a damp towel on my forehead and watch some funny cat videos, instead.

That would certainly be more edifying than trying to suss out the intricacies of MAGA-logic.
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-04-2021 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Can't bother Congress with little things like legislating. They're too busy spending debt and taking kickbacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Sixth Circuit Panel Rejects Bump Stock Ban (Again)

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/04/25...ock-ban-again/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Sixth Circuit Panel Rejects Bump Stock Ban (Again)

https://reason.com/volokh/2023/04/25...ock-ban-again/
    As we get into the end-game of Trump's 4d chess game, his brilliant strategy is coming to fruition

If he gets re-elected, just imagine all the things he can ban so they can get later overturned
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    As we get into the end-game of Trump's 4d chess game, his brilliant strategy is coming to fruition

If he gets re-elected, just imagine all the things he can ban so they can get later overturned
    We are coming up on the endgame, you don't start new gambits in the endgame.
    And when this is overturned it will take away the power of the bureaucracy to do anything like it.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are coming up on the endgame, you don't start new gambits in the endgame.
    And when this is overturned it will take away the power of the bureaucracy to do anything like it.
    In hindsight, Trump's only mistake was that he didn't ban enough things
    - Kim Kardashian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12