Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Colorado] Active shooter live stream

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Of course.

It's still amazingly convenient for the neocons that at the moment, Syrian man bad.

You must admit, if you were a neocon you couldn't have staged it better to kill two birds with one stone.
    It wouldn't have mattered. Every event is so easily molded into any existing narrative now. Anything that happens has some element that people will use to advance their political ideology and the facts are becoming less and less relevant. Reminds me of this old Remy video:

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1616678130763.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	562.8 KB 
ID:	8061
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Please tell me that's a joke.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    I'm betting it's not.

LOL - Nope...Fake...Babylon Bee.

https://www.berkshireeagle.com/factc...65dcdcd07.html

CNN banner did not say Boulder shooting suspect was ‘morally white’

By The Associated Press 10 hrs ago

CLAIM: CNN displayed a banner during coverage of the mass shooting in Boulder, Colorado, stating the gunman was “factually Arab, but morally white.”

THE FACTS: The network didn't display such text, according to a CNN representative and a recording of the broadcast. A manipulated screenshot of a CNN broadcast was shared thousands of times on Facebook this week, fooling social media users who did not realize it was initially shared as satire.

The fabricated image showed CNN host Brooke Baldwin and correspondent Lucy Kafanov in a split-screen display, with Kafanov reporting from Boulder at “1:01 p.m. MT.” A banner below the journalists read, “DEVELOPING STORY: INVESTIGATION: SHOOTER WAS FACTUALLY ARAB, BUT MORALLY WHITE.”

However, a recording of the same moment on Tuesday in an online TV news archive shows the text on the screen actually read, “COLORADO SHOOTING SUSPECT BOOKED INTO JAIL TODAY.” Further investigation of the fabricated image shows it originated on the Christian satire website The Babylon Bee.

Emily Kuhn, senior director of communications at CNN Digital Worldwide, confirmed in an email to The Associated Press that the banner was fabricated and didn’t match the network’s font. Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, the 21-year-old suspect in a Boulder supermarket shooting that killed 10 people on Monday, appeared in court Thursday for the first time, and his attorney asked for a health assessment “to address his mental illness.” According to two law enforcement officials, Alissa was born in Syria in 1999, emigrated to the U.S. as a toddler and later became a U.S. citizen. He would need to be a citizen to buy a gun. The officials were not authorized to speak publicly and spoke to AP on condition of anonymity.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-27-2021 at 10:04 PM.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt4Liberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I'm betting it's not.

LOL - Nope...Fake...Babylon Bee.
    When I first saw it, I briefly wondered if it was real before I realized that it almost certainly had to be a joke.

It is an accurate description of the Cathedral's attitude and sentiments (which is what makes it seem real).

But the phrasing is a bit too "on the nose" and the corporate media are just not that self-aware (which is what makes it seem like a joke).
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

The fact that you couldn't be sure it was a joke pretty much sums up CNN.

So the media stopped talking about the Colorado shooting as soon as it came out he was Muslim. Shocker.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    So the media stopped talking about the Colorado shooting as soon as it came out he was Muslim. Shocker.
    Other than the calls for gun control, this story has been memory holed. Do a search on news about “Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa”, and you will get stories from 11 or 13 days ago. Soon we will reach the point where these stories will age away in the search engines and no longer come up.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123