Thread: Missouri Pastor on Leave After Sermon Saying Wives Should Make Themselves Hotter

Exclamation Missouri Pastor on Leave After Sermon Saying Wives Should Make Themselves Hotter

Missouri Pastor on Leave After Sermon Saying Wives Should Make Themselves Hotter

https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral/...should-hotter/

Nate Church 8 Mar 2021

Pastor Stewart-Allen Clark is on leave and in counseling after a sermon telling wives to make themselves “hot” and not look “butch” for their husbands.

The First General Baptist Church from Malden, Missouri inadvertently went viral after a clip from his February 28 sermon was posted to Facebook. User Reagan Williams published over 22 minutes from Clark’s pulpit diatribe against the evils of women who “let themselves go.”

Clark placed the onus on women for keeping their husbands’ eyes from straying. “It’s important that he thinks you’re hot! It’s important because he’s going to look, and you want him looking at you,” he said.

“Now look, I’m not saying that every woman can be the epic trophy wife of all time like Melania Trump,” Clark said at one point in the video, positioning the former First Lady as an ideal. “Most women can’t be trophy wives — but maybe a participation trophy. All I can say is not everybody looks like that, Amen? But you don’t need to look like a butch either!”

The sermon excerpt is full of similar statements, but Clark made sure to put the burden of his words on God. “God made men to be drawn to beautiful women,” he explained. “We are made this way. We can’t help ourselves.” He did pause to give God thanks for makeup.

On this lovely Sunday morning I spent my time getting ready listening to a head pastor in Malden who so nonchalantly decided to exercise pastoral abuse towards women. His name is Stewart Allen Clark and he preaches at First General Baptist. He goes on to blame women for the actions of men and says it is of God and it should be accepted as normal. Instead of teaching men and boys to take accountability for their actions and control themselves, he degrades women, victim blames, and points the finger at their mere existence. He fails to use Bible verses to back up his nonsense. He says that lusting after other women in a relationship or marriage is acceptable if you are not perfectly up to par with the man’s expectations and implies you should be blamed if the man cheats or fails you. He objectifies women, antagonizes them, and practices sexism, all while acting like it’s hip or cool. He also claims your looks should be only of what the man wants and you should have zero bodily autonomy and zero individuality which is abusive and controlling. He states he no longer practices marital counseling which is a good thing. He should not be in that kind of space with his toxic and damaging ideology. Honestly, he should not be a preacher either.As far as I know, this isn’t his first time doing this. According to someone whose family members attended his last Mother’s Day sermon, they walked out because his message was worse than this, and toxic and degrading. I believe he hasn’t been reprimanded, taught better, or held accountable for his actions, and that is so desperately needed. Women, teach your friends and daughters to not put up with this abuse and behavior. Men, teach your friends and sons to take accountability for their actions, to not victim blame, and to be better than this. Christians, hold your peers accountable and teach the truth about the gospel. Do not support these things. This deserves recognition outside SEMO as an example, even if he eventually is held accountable. This is one example of the abuse in churches and religion that is still practiced today. It shouldn’t be swept under the rug. It’s disgraceful and embarrassing and disheartening to those who know better. Let’s do better.Edit: he’s apparently extremely homophobic and transphobic too. He also encourages marital rape. I also want to add this is a video recording of a sermon he did February 21st that was brought to my attention today by a friend. Although he did preach at the same church today, this specific sermon did not occur today, but last Sunday instead.Please report your concerns to https://m.facebook.com/1gbmalden/ if you want to try to make this right… even though they support and defend him.

Posted by Reagan Williams on Sunday, February 28, 2021

On March 1, General Baptist Ministries posted a Facebook statement confirming the Executive Committee of the General Baptist Council of Associations had discussed the matter and recommended “appropriate action.”

Soon after, Malden First General Baptist Church stated Clark had “taken a leave of absence and is seeking professional counseling” as of March 2.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I agree with the pastor. Certainly don't want to have a wife that completely lets herself go.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I agree with the pastor. Certainly don't want to have a wife that completely lets herself go.
    Ya, it's not just a statement about looks, it's also about health. Men are attracted to women who appear more healthy for a reason. If both partners remain healthy and more attractive to each other, they will have a better marriage.

It goes both ways, women are more attracted to men who are healthy and who act like men, as opposed to acting all effeminate. You can act masculine and also have a "sensitive" side.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    (NSFW language)

Jer. 11:18-20. "The Kingdom of God has come upon you." -- Matthew 12:28

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It goes both ways, women are more attracted to men who are healthy and who act like men, as opposed to acting all effeminate. You can act masculine and also have a "sensitive" side.
    Hey, some of us identify as a woman at times..

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ya, it's not just a statement about looks, it's also about health. Men are attracted to women who appear more healthy for a reason. If both partners remain healthy and more attractive to each other, they will have a better marriage.

In most cases, if you want to know what your future wife will look like, look at her family. Presently the world has an eating disorder and doesn't have the will power or knowledge how to fix it. Soon fit people will be shunned. It is amazing how little food our bodies actually require. For many people their snack intake or the calories from one meal not counting snacks is more than they need to keep their metabolism going all day.

What a shame, he should have just stuck to teaching the Bible and enlightened people with God's WORD rather than his words.

Matthew 7:1-6

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

5Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

6Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Blind leading the Blind.

""Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world— the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life— is not from the Father but from the world. The world is passing away, along with its desires; but whoever does the will of God remains forever.…""
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The hypocrisy here being that a woman on one of the fashion or celebrity reality channels could say the exact same thing and it would be considered a perfectly acceptable and debatable opinion.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I just give my wife a score card every month. Her weekly allowance is based on last month's performance.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by GlennwaldSnowdenAssanged View Post
    For many people their snack intake or the calories from one meal not counting snacks is more than they need to keep their metabolism going all day.
    You're right about many people, but it really just depends on your calorie output. During SOF training like Recon or BUD/S, typical calorie intake can be in the 9,000 cal/day range. The level of physical activity simply could not be supported any other way. For an average caucasian male (six-footish), the resting metabolic rate or base metabolic rate can be 1,500 cal/day. So, even sedentary, they will require a lot more food intake than a smaller person such as a woman or someone from another race. Obviously, this topic cannot be discussed objectively even in the scientific literature because of the dogma that all races are biologically identical... heck, the latest claims are that male and female are literally biologically identical. I think by age 4 I was quite aware of the biological differences between me and girls, but hey... We live in interesting times...
    Last edited by ClaytonB; 03-10-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I just give my wife a score card every month. Her weekly allowance is based on last month's performance.

Edit: "my wife". that would be your wife, I'm not married.
    Last edited by Danke; 03-11-2021 at 01:36 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Me too, and six other guys.
    You give an allowance to your wife and six guys? Seems expensive.
    Last edited by TheTexan; 03-10-2021 at 04:16 PM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Meanwhile, this pastor looks like he has several basketballs stuffed under his shirt
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson