Thread: Trump sends legal notice to GOP to stop using his name

Exclamation Trump sends legal notice to GOP to stop using his name

Assertive and brand conscious as usual:

Trump sends legal notice to GOP to stop using his name

By RACHAEL BADE and TARA PALMERI

03/06/2021 10:28 AM EST

TRUMPS SENDS CEASE-AND-DESIST TO RNC, NRCC AND NRSC.
    Lawyers for former President DONALD TRUMP sent out cease-and-desist letters Friday to the three largest fundraising entities for the Republican Party — the RNC, NRCC and NRSC — for using his name and likeness on fundraising emails and merchandise, a Trump adviser tells Playbook.
    We reported yesterday that Trump was furious that his name has been bandied about by organizations that help Republicans who voted to impeach him — without his permission. Trump, who made his fortune in licensing, has always been sensitive to how his name has been used to fundraise and support members, even while in office.
    On Friday, the RNC sent out two emails asking supporters to donate as a way to add their name to a “thank you” card for Trump. “President Trump will ALWAYS stand up for the American People, and I just thought of the perfect way for you to show that you support him!” the email states. “As one of President Trump’s MOST LOYAL supporters, I think that YOU, deserve the great honor of adding your name to the Official Trump ‘Thank You’ Card.” A follow-up email was sent hours later to “President Trump’s TOP supporters” warning of a deadline of 10 hours to get their names on the card.

politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/03/06/scoop-trump-sends-legal-notice-to-gop-to-stop-using-his-name-492021

Related

Trump at CPAC 2021: "We're not starting new parties, we have the Republican party"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Assertive and brand conscious as usual:

Trump sends legal notice to GOP to stop using his name

By RACHAEL BADE and TARA PALMERI

03/06/2021 10:28 AM EST

TRUMPS SENDS CEASE-AND-DESIST TO RNC, NRCC AND NRSC.
    Lawyers for former President DONALD TRUMP sent out cease-and-desist letters Friday to the three largest fundraising entities for the Republican Party — the RNC, NRCC and NRSC — for using his name and likeness on fundraising emails and merchandise, a Trump adviser tells Playbook.
    We reported yesterday that Trump was furious that his name has been bandied about by organizations that help Republicans who voted to impeach him — without his permission. Trump, who made his fortune in licensing, has always been sensitive to how his name has been used to fundraise and support members, even while in office.
    On Friday, the RNC sent out two emails asking supporters to donate as a way to add their name to a “thank you” card for Trump. “President Trump will ALWAYS stand up for the American People, and I just thought of the perfect way for you to show that you support him!” the email states. “As one of President Trump’s MOST LOYAL supporters, I think that YOU, deserve the great honor of adding your name to the Official Trump ‘Thank You’ Card.” A follow-up email was sent hours later to “President Trump’s TOP supporters” warning of a deadline of 10 hours to get their names on the card.

politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2021/03/06/scoop-trump-sends-legal-notice-to-gop-to-stop-using-his-name-492021

Related

Trump at CPAC 2021: "We're not starting new parties, we have the Republican party"
    \

Agree with President-in-Exile Trump that he should not belong to the same party as Mitch McConnell, Pence, Pierre Delecto, Cheney, et al.
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post
    \

Agree with President-in-Exile Trump that he should not belong to the same party as Mitch McConnell, Pence, Pierre Delecto, Cheney, et al.

In principle that may be a bold move but end result would be breakup of GOP.

It seems unlikely that such a move would end up wrecking GOP same way NRA was wrecked earlier or so called "Far Right" seems to be being wrecked currenty following DC riot. But a 3rd party launch by Trump before 2024 would almost certainly lead to Dems win in 2024. Granted he had supported and funded Kamala, Clintons and other Dems in the past, at this time if he's perceived to be helping Dems election chances, whatever limited political future he may have will take a major hit.

I wouldn't want the GOP to use my name either.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    In principle that may be a bold move but end result would be breakup of GOP.

It seems unlikely that such a move would end up wrecking GOP same way NRA was wrecked earlier or so called "Far Right" seems to be being wrecked currenty following DC riot. But a 3rd party launch by Trump before 2024 would almost certainly lead to Dems win in 2024. Granted he had supported and funded Kamala, Clintons and other Dems in the past, at this time if he's perceived to be helping Dems election chances, whatever limited political future he may have will take a major hit.
    Nah it won't break they up, it will shine a light on the traitors who back Traitor Joe.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner