Thread: Mitch McConnell's wife investigated

Thumbs down Mitch McConnell's wife investigated

I'm tired of both parties. We need a third party. <thumbs down, both parties suck>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

WASHINGTON — While serving as transportation secretary during the Trump administration, Elaine Chao repeatedly used her office staff to help family members who run a shipping business with extensive ties to China, a report released Wednesday by the Transportation Department’s inspector general concluded.

The inspector general referred the matter to the Justice Department in December for possible criminal investigation. But in the weeks before the end of Trump administration, two Justice Department divisions declined to do so.

Ms. Chao, the wife of Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, announced her resignation on Jan. 7, the day after the Capitol riot. At the time of her departure, an aide to Ms. Chao said her resignation was unrelated to the inspector general’s investigation.

The investigation of Ms. Chao came after a 2019 report in The New York Times that detailed her interactions with her family while serving as transportation secretary, including a trip she had planned to take to China in 2017 with her father and sister. The inspector general’s report confirmed that the planning for the trip, which was canceled, raised ethics concerns among other government officials.

As transportation secretary, Ms. Chao was the top Trump administration official overseeing the American shipping industry, which is in steep decline and is being battered by Chinese competitors.

“A formal investigation into potential misuses of position was warranted,” Mitch Behm, the Transportation Department’s deputy inspector general, said to House lawmakers on Tuesday in a letter accompanying a 44-page report detailing the investigation into “use of public office for private gain.”

The investigators did not make a formal finding that Ms. Chao violated ethics rules. But they detailed more than a dozen instances where her office took steps to handle matters related to her father, who built up a New York-based shipping company after immigrating to the United States from Taiwan in the late 1950s, and to her sister, who runs the company now.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 03-03-2021 at 09:23 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL. Ditch Mitch.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Imagine my shock upon hearing this information. Mitch is her Bitch.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Selling out to the Chinese is popular in Congress.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

We can always count on our wonderful media to create new "scandals" that are a whole lot damaging for a cover-up!
    To me it looks like this is the bigger corruption scandal.

FOIA-released records show how Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao and her husband Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell prioritises requests from Kentucky – home state of McConnell, where he´s running for reelection in 2020.

Secretary Chao “met at least 10 times” with politicians and business leaders from Kentucky at the requests of McConnell’s office.
    The Transportation department has even established a special liaison, Chao’s chief of staff, Kentucky resident, Todd Inman, “to help with grant applications and other priorities…paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection”.

Inman worked on McConnell’s campaigns in 2008 and 2014 and then became the deputy state director for Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign in Kentucky.
    In February 2017, Inman emailed McConnell’s chief of staff:
    The Secretary has indicated if you have a Ky-specific issue that we should flag for her attention to please continue to go through your normal channels but feel free to contact me directly as well so we can monitor or follow up as necessary.
    Starting in April 2017, Inman and Chao met annually with a delegation from river port of 59,809 people Owensboro, with long connections to McConnell, where they discussed 2 projects — upgrading road connections to a riverport and reclassifying a local parkway as an Interstate spur, which could make more businesses locating in Owensboro.

Owensboro submitted its first grant application for “FASTLANE” in the final months of the Obama administration. Career DOT staff rejected the application.
    Owensboro submitted a second grant application in the first year of the Trump administration, which was likewise unsuccessful.
    Finally, in 2018, it was resubmitted the 3rd time. In December, city officials held a news conference to celebrate the $11.5 million federal award.

McConnell has long touted bringing federal resources to Kentucky, which his wife can assist.
    McConnell asked Owensboro’s mayor to set up a luncheon with business and political leaders for his 2020 reelection campaign at which McConnell claimed credit for delivering the grant: “How about that $11 million BUILD grant?
    It’s done a lot to transform Owensboro, and I was really happy to have played a role in that
    ”.

In 2003, McConnell’s involvement with Owensboro really began when then-Owensboro Mayor Waymond Morris and future mayor, Ron Payne, visited McConnell at his Washington office.
    In 2004, Owensboro used more than $1 million in city funds to build a riverside and renamed part of it the “McConnell Plaza”.
    In July 2005, McConnell phoned new mayor Tom Watson to explained that he had secured $40 million in federal funds to overhaul the riverbank.

In December 2017, Boone County Judge/Executive Gary Moore met Chao, requesting a $67 million grant to upgrade roads, which was approved in June 2018.

McConnell said: "All 100 senators may have one vote, but they’re not all equal. Kentucky benefits from having one of its own setting the agenda for the country".

McConnell has boasted about using his influence to deliver federal grants for Kentucky; he wrote:
    Every single day, Kentuckians from across the Commonwealth contact me with their concerns.
    As Senate Majority Leader and a senior member of the Appropriations Committee, I am able to ensure that these issues — both large and small — are part of the national discussion. Kentucky continues to punch above its weight in Washington, and I am proud to be a strong voice for my constituents in the Senate.
    Kentucky radio host Matt Jones responded: “Mitch McConnell has been a master — a master at helping wealthy business interests get wealthier. If there is a rich guy Hall of Fame, he should be in it”: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-chao-1358068
    (http://archive.is/q9pbs)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Elaine’s father, James S.C. Chao, was a classmate of Jiang Zemin, the president of China in the ’90s at Jiao Tong University. They have kept in touch ever since.
    Through James Chao, Elaine and Mitch McConnell met Jiang several times, both in Beijing and Washington. When Jiang visited the White House in 1997, he met privately with Elaine and Mitch McConnell, before a state dinner hosted by President Clinton; Senator McConnell again met Jiang the next morning.
    In 1999, Elaine and Mitch appeared at the University of Louisville with Chinese Ambassador Li Zhaoxing.

When James Chao emigrated from Taiwan to the USA, he founded the Foremost Maritime Corporation upon settling in New York. Foremost transports goods to China and buys its ships from the China State Shipbuilding Corporation.
    Do-the-Chinese-have-a-Trump-card#post6990924
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    I'm tired of both parties. We need a third party. <thumbs down, both parties suck>

WASHINGTON — While serving as transportation secretary during the Trump administration, Elaine Chao repeatedly used her office staff to help family members who run a shipping business with extensive ties to China, a report released Wednesday by the Transportation Department’s inspector general concluded.
    While at times he had instructed his cabinet members to save jobs in foreign companies, Prez Trump would never have allowed nepotism though as that usually gets in the way of 'drain the swamp'.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    We can always count on our wonderful media to create new "scandals" that are a whole lot damaging for a cover-up!
    To me it looks like this is the bigger corruption scandal.

FOIA-released records show how Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao and her husband Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell prioritises requests from Kentucky – home state of McConnell, where he´s running for reelection in 2020.

Secretary Chao “met at least 10 times” with politicians and business leaders from Kentucky at the requests of McConnell’s office.
    The Transportation department has even established a special liaison, Chao’s chief of staff, Kentucky resident, Todd Inman, “to help with grant applications and other priorities…paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection”.

Inman worked on McConnell’s campaigns in 2008 and 2014 and then became the deputy state director for Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign in Kentucky.
    In February 2017, Inman emailed McConnell’s chief of staff:

Starting in April 2017, Inman and Chao met annually with a delegation from river port of 59,809 people Owensboro, with long connections to McConnell, where they discussed 2 projects — upgrading road connections to a riverport and reclassifying a local parkway as an Interstate spur, which could make more businesses locating in Owensboro.

Owensboro submitted its first grant application for “FASTLANE” in the final months of the Obama administration. Career DOT staff rejected the application.
    Owensboro submitted a second grant application in the first year of the Trump administration, which was likewise unsuccessful.
    Finally, in 2018, it was resubmitted the 3rd time. In December, city officials held a news conference to celebrate the $11.5 million federal award.

McConnell has long touted bringing federal resources to Kentucky, which his wife can assist.
    McConnell asked Owensboro’s mayor to set up a luncheon with business and political leaders for his 2020 reelection campaign at which McConnell claimed credit for delivering the grant: “How about that $11 million BUILD grant?
    It’s done a lot to transform Owensboro, and I was really happy to have played a role in that
    ”.

In 2003, McConnell’s involvement with Owensboro really began when then-Owensboro Mayor Waymond Morris and future mayor, Ron Payne, visited McConnell at his Washington office.
    In 2004, Owensboro used more than $1 million in city funds to build a riverside and renamed part of it the “McConnell Plaza”.
    In July 2005, McConnell phoned new mayor Tom Watson to explained that he had secured $40 million in federal funds to overhaul the riverbank.

In December 2017, Boone County Judge/Executive Gary Moore met Chao, requesting a $67 million grant to upgrade roads, which was approved in June 2018.

McConnell said: "All 100 senators may have one vote, but they’re not all equal. Kentucky benefits from having one of its own setting the agenda for the country".

McConnell has boasted about using his influence to deliver federal grants for Kentucky; he wrote:

Kentucky radio host Matt Jones responded: “Mitch McConnell has been a master — a master at helping wealthy business interests get wealthier. If there is a rich guy Hall of Fame, he should be in it”: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...e-chao-1358068
    (http://archive.is/q9pbs)

Do-the-Chinese-have-a-Trump-card#post6990924
    Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

McConnell's wife has ties to China? I'm shocked by this revelation.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.