Thread: Rand Paul: Ban on no-knock raids should pass Kentucky legislature with bipartisan majorities

Rand Paul: Ban on no-knock raids should pass Kentucky legislature with bipartisan majorities

Ban on no-knock raids should pass Kentucky legislature with bipartisan majorities

by Rand Paul
    February 26, 2021

On more than one occasion, the police have saved my life. When a deranged Bernie Sanders supporter spewed 200 rounds of ammunition onto the baseball field, I was only a few steps away from meeting my maker. Congressman Steve Scalise almost did. Capitol Hill Police and a brave policewoman from Alexandria battled the gunman and brought him down.

Just recently, an angry mob surrounded my wife and I, threatening to kill us. If you watch the video you can tell by our faces we absolutely believed the threats hurled at us. Once again police saved our lives.

For the record, both times the police officers were both Black and white, male and female. The narrative that the violence around us all revolves around race is false. Recently, when discussing the burning of Portland and Seattle, a black Dallas-Fort Worth airport police officer explained to me: “It’s not about race. It’s about right and wrong.”

The death of Breonna Taylor, likewise, is a tragedy, regardless of her race. For years before her death, I have been advocating an end to no-knock raids. I’ve often repeated the story of a no-knock raid in California where a 10-year-old boy was tragically and accidently shot in the back at close range. His race shouldn’t matter, but he was white.

read more:
    https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ds/6836207002/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thy should also not occur in the dark. That just makes mistakes more prone to happen.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Thy should also not occur in the dark. That just makes mistakes more prone to happen.
    Raids really shouldn't happen at all. If a person can't be arrested because he chooses to never leave his house, I see that as a win/win for all parties involved.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Raids really shouldn't happen at all. If a person can't be arrested because he chooses to never leave his house, I see that as a win/win for all parties involved.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious, but you are making a lot of sense.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    Awesome! And kudos for Rand for sticking to his principles. I know it might have been tempting in the wake of his run in with BLM crowds last summer to just say "Screw it! You're on your own."

Edit: I just realized this got passed in the KENTUCKY legislature. Rand's federal bill addressing the issue still hasn't passed.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.