Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Texas ends face diaper mandate

  1. #1

    Exclamation Texas ends face diaper mandate

    Texas Governor Ends Mask Mandate, Businesses Open 100 Percent

    https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...n-100-percent/

    Bob Price 2 Mar 2021

    Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced the ending of the statewide coronavirus mask mandate during an event in Lubbock, Texas. The mandate went into effect in July and required all Texans to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose while in public places.

    Governor Abbott addressed a group of small business and community leaders at a meeting of the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday afternoon. During the meeting, the governor announced he would end the statewide coronavirus mask mandate.

    “It is time for Texas to be open 100 percent,” the governor said. “Everybody that wants a job should be able to get a job. Every business that wants to be open should be open.”

    The governor said all businesses of any time can be open at 100 percent capacity. He also said Texas is “ending the statewide mask mandate.”

    Abbott cited the number of vaccines administered to Texans, the experience that Texans have in choosing to wear protection, and the number of recovered COVID cases as reasons for the ending of the mandates and reopening of business at 100 percent capacity.

    “With the medical advancements of vaccines and antibody therapeutic drugs, Texas now has the tools to protect Texans from the virus,” Abbott explained. “We must now do more to restore livelihoods and normalcy for Texans by opening Texas 100 percent. Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared, but it is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed.”

    The governor said that COVID vaccines have been issued to 5.7 million Texans as of last week and the state is going to vaccinate a record 216,000 people on Tuesday alone.

    “By next Wednesday, about 7 million shots will have been administered in Texas and over half of seniors in Texas will have received a vaccine shot. By the end of March, every senior who wants a vaccine should be able to get one,” he continued. “The vaccine supply continues to increase so rapidly that more and more Texans will soon be eligible to receive a vaccine.”

    Should a county have a local spike in COVID cases, Abbott said local officials can act to increase some restrictions. However, no financial penalties or jail time for failing to follow local restrictions.

    The Texas governor issued the mandate in July in an executive order, Breitbart News reported. The order required “all Texans to wear a face-covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions.”

    The proclamation also gave local authorities the approval to issue restrictions on outdoor gatherings of more than ten people.

    The governor teased the idea of lifting statewide orders during a press conference in Corpus Christi last week.

    Governor Abbott responded to a question about when he would end the statewide mandate requiring the wearing of masks.

    The governor called it a “great question,” the Texas Tribune reported. “We’re working right now on evaluating when we’re gonna be able to remove all statewide orders, and we will be making announcements about that pretty soon.”

    Abbott cautioned Texans against abandoning safe protocols and social distancing.

    “Today’s announcement does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year,” Abbott stated. “Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others. With this executive order, we are ensuring that all businesses and families in Texas have the freedom to determine their own destiny.”
    Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings. - Heinrich Heine 1823



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2
    Almost primary season......he had to go big after snowpocalypse.
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Almost primary season......he had to go big after snowpocalypse.
    Yep. $#@! Abbott and his pussy ass wheelchair.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

    Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

  5. #4
    That's great and all, but he should have never done a mask mandate and lock down in the first place.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Texas Governor Ends Mask Mandate, Businesses Open 100 Percent

    https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...n-100-percent/

    Bob Price 2 Mar 2021

    Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced the ending of the statewide coronavirus mask mandate during an event in Lubbock, Texas. The mandate went into effect in July and required all Texans to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose while in public places.

    Governor Abbott addressed a group of small business and community leaders at a meeting of the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday afternoon. During the meeting, the governor announced he would end the statewide coronavirus mask mandate.

    “It is time for Texas to be open 100 percent,” the governor said. “Everybody that wants a job should be able to get a job. Every business that wants to be open should be open.”

    The governor said all businesses of any time can be open at 100 percent capacity. He also said Texas is “ending the statewide mask mandate.”

    Abbott cited the number of vaccines administered to Texans, the experience that Texans have in choosing to wear protection, and the number of recovered COVID cases as reasons for the ending of the mandates and reopening of business at 100 percent capacity.

    “With the medical advancements of vaccines and antibody therapeutic drugs, Texas now has the tools to protect Texans from the virus,” Abbott explained. “We must now do more to restore livelihoods and normalcy for Texans by opening Texas 100 percent. Make no mistake, COVID-19 has not disappeared, but it is clear from the recoveries, vaccinations, reduced hospitalizations, and safe practices that Texans are using that state mandates are no longer needed.”

    The governor said that COVID vaccines have been issued to 5.7 million Texans as of last week and the state is going to vaccinate a record 216,000 people on Tuesday alone.

    “By next Wednesday, about 7 million shots will have been administered in Texas and over half of seniors in Texas will have received a vaccine shot. By the end of March, every senior who wants a vaccine should be able to get one,” he continued. “The vaccine supply continues to increase so rapidly that more and more Texans will soon be eligible to receive a vaccine.”

    Should a county have a local spike in COVID cases, Abbott said local officials can act to increase some restrictions. However, no financial penalties or jail time for failing to follow local restrictions.

    The Texas governor issued the mandate in July in an executive order, Breitbart News reported. The order required “all Texans to wear a face-covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions.”

    The proclamation also gave local authorities the approval to issue restrictions on outdoor gatherings of more than ten people.

    The governor teased the idea of lifting statewide orders during a press conference in Corpus Christi last week.

    Governor Abbott responded to a question about when he would end the statewide mandate requiring the wearing of masks.

    The governor called it a “great question,” the Texas Tribune reported. “We’re working right now on evaluating when we’re gonna be able to remove all statewide orders, and we will be making announcements about that pretty soon.”

    Abbott cautioned Texans against abandoning safe protocols and social distancing.

    “Today’s announcement does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year,” Abbott stated. “Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others. With this executive order, we are ensuring that all businesses and families in Texas have the freedom to determine their own destiny.”





    .
    .
    .DON'T TAX ME BRO!!!

    .
    .
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men." -- Samuel Adams (1722-1803)

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That's great and all, but he should have never done a mask mandate and lock down in the first place.
    Exactly!
    Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

    There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving (1783-1859)

  8. #7
    Let’s hope this gives some balls to others. We really need to get this thing to snowball. (Sorry, gov)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Let’s hope this gives some balls to others. We really need to get this thing to snowball. (Sorry, gov)
    The red states will probably do it, while the blue states continue to lock down.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

    Calvin Coolidge



  10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  11. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    The red states will probably do it, while the blue states continue to lock down.
    Let’s hope. I doubt it’ll happen, but I’d love to see those blue states take their punishment.

    Watch all the jobs go to states that are open. Watch the cowering weenies cry in their basements.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  12. #10
    Turns out I've had Danke wearing the wrong kind of mask , but he wont take his Lone Ranger mask off .
    Do something Danke

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Contumacious View Post



    .
    Be careful, you could poke an eye out with that thing.

  14. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Let’s hope this gives some balls to others. We really need to get this thing to snowball. (Sorry, gov)
    It will. Watch for FL to be next followed by all the red state governors one upping each other. I'm glad it's over.

  15. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It will. Watch for FL to be next followed by all the red state governors one upping each other. I'm glad it's over.
    There are no mask mandates in Florida. Florida and South Dakota are the true leaders.
    Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

    There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving (1783-1859)

  16. #14
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There are no mask mandates in Florida. Florida and South Dakota are the true leaders.
    Here's a breakdown by state: https://www.aarp.org/health/healthy-...ronavirus.html

    Looks like Alabama's is set to expire this week - will Kay Ivey (R) extend it?
    Arkansas expires at the end of the month... Asa Hutchinson (R)??
    Indiana expires at the end of the month - Gov Holcomb (R)??
    Iowa quietly dropped their mandate on Feb 7th
    Montana's order expired on Feb 12th
    NH is set to expire this month - Sununu (R)???
    ND expired Jan 18th
    Utah is set to expire on March 25th - Gov Cox (R)?
    Wyoming is set to expire March 15th - Gov Gordon (R)??

    Maryland Gov Larry Hogan (RINO), Mass Gov Charlie Baker (RINO), Ohio Gov Mike DeWine (RINO), Vermont's Phil Scott (RINO), and WV gov Jim Justice (RINO) all have mandates without expiration dates and I'd be surprised if any of them drop them until they see the political fallout in the other states.

    Blue states are screwed.

    It must be noted that these are only state-wide mandates - many cities and localities have their own ordinances.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    There are no mask mandates in Florida. Florida and South Dakota are the true leaders.
    It's still "recommended". Parts of south FL like Miami and Palm Beach require it but they can't fine you.

    Nobody takes the mask thing very serious in FL. I was at at spring training yesterday and despite the MLB requirement, not one single person in my section had one on. We put it on for a minute to get through the gate and us and everyone there just took them off after.



  19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    It's still "recommended". Parts of south FL like Miami and Palm Beach require it but they can't fine you.

    Nobody takes the mask thing very serious in FL. I was at at spring training yesterday and despite the MLB requirement, not one single person in my section had one on. We put it on for a minute to get through the gate and us and everyone there just took them off after.
    Yes, no 'mandates' from those states, they believe in individual freedom. It's nice to see two governors with a backbone.
    Last edited by donnay; 03-03-2021 at 07:39 AM.
    Hosea 4:6
    "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children."

    There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving (1783-1859)

  21. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Almost primary season......he had to go big after snowpocalypse.
    Came here to say this - I doubt this would have happened if not for the events of a few weeks ago and the aftereffects going on now (millions with broken pipes, etc.).
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

  22. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    That's great and all, but he should have never done a mask mandate and lock down in the first place.



Similar Threads

  1. Day One Diaper Mandate
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 01-31-2021, 11:00 PM
  2. NH falls: Sununu signs face diaper mandate
    By Anti Federalist in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-29-2020, 07:47 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-25-2019, 12:42 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •