Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reparations already begun. $16.9 billion in ag stimulus for minority farmers only.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Black people aren't poor because of white people. If that were true blacks would be wealthier in areas where the percentage of whites is lower.
    Straw man argument that has NOTHING to do with the irrefutable facts I just presented to you. The farm subsidy program is an example of systemic racism and crony capitalism and should be abolished period. Talk about that and don't try to change the subject.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. I'm tired of the whole idea that mom and pop businesses are morally superior to large corporations. They're all made up of individuals.

I'm old enough to remember when hardware stores were only open from 8-5 M-F. Thank god for Home Depot.
    You understand that @TheTexan is usually being sarcastic right? As for moral superiority, that would be jackasses running around complaining about little people getting a handout and then turning a blind eye when big corporations get a hand out. Furthermore when individuals get together without a government license that is called a PARTNERSHIP and NOT a corporation. You can have a corporation of ONE PERSON! It's about a GOVERNMENT granted privilege which allows growth while limiting the rights of other people to sue you. I've explained this to you ad naeaum. You're being wilfully ignorant at this point.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    i oppose the entire USDA.
    And I agree with you on this as well. There are lots of departments, subsidies, government licenses etc that need to be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Straw man argument that has NOTHING to do with the irrefutable facts I just presented to you. The farm subsidy program is an example of systemic racism and crony capitalism and should be abolished period. Talk about that and don't try to change the subject.
    I agree, those things should be abolished.

As long as you aren't in favor of any type of reparations for simply belonging to a group then we agree.

You understand that @TheTexan is usually being sarcastic right? As for moral superiority, that would be jackasses running around complaining about little people getting a handout and then turning a blind eye when big corporations get a hand out. Furthermore when individuals get together without a government license that is called a PARTNERSHIP and NOT a corporation. You can have a corporation of ONE PERSON! It's about a GOVERNMENT granted privilege which allows growth while limiting the rights of other people to sue you. I've explained this to you ad naeaum. You're being wilfully ignorant at this point.
    If corporations couldn't declare bankruptcy, they'd be ok in your book?

If corporations couldn't declare bankruptcy, they'd be ok in your book?
    It's not an issue of being able to declare bankruptcy. Once again you're showing that you do not understand how corporations work. I'm getting tired of explaining that to you over and over again.

It's not an issue of being able to declare bankruptcy. Once again you're showing that you do not understand how corporations work. I'm getting tired of explaining that to you over and over again.
    Are you an anarchist?

I agree, those things should be abolished.

As long as you aren't in favor of any type of reparations for simply belonging to a group then we agree.
    We disagree. Reparations to the Jews from the Germans for what was done to them was proper. Same for Japanese for what happened to them in the internment camps. Same for the reparations the Jews got from Egypt in Exodus. I disagree with the reparations the Hatians had to give the French after their revolution. I disagree with the reparations the U.S. Congress gave Ford and GM (more corporations) because the allies bombed their Nazi German factories. Reparations for the survivors of the Rosewood Florida massacre and ethnic cleansing was proper. I'm not sure the OP could really even be called reparations. If the system has STILL been titled towards white farmers, fixing that so that all farmers have access isn't reparations. It's ending discrimination. Unless all farm subsidies were ended except for black farmers, then it's not correct to say this is "stimulus for minority farmers only." Whenever money is pooled and distributed, there is a danger of one group being favored over another. Go back to the Bible and the Book of Acts. The Greeks widows were complaining that the church poor fund was being disproportionately given to the Jewish widows. So...the disciples instituted a church "affirmative action" program where they made sure there were Greek and Jewish deacons to distribute the money.

We disagree. Reparations to the Jews from the Germans for what was done to them was proper. Same for Japanese for what happened to them in the internment camps. Same for the reparations the Jews got from Egypt in Exodus. I disagree with the reparations the Hatians had to give the French after their revolution. I disagree with the reparations the U.S. Congress gave Ford and GM (more corporations) because the allies bombed their Nazi German factories. Reparations for the survivors of the Rosewood Florida massacre and ethnic cleansing was proper. I'm not sure the OP could really even be called reparations. If the system has STILL been titled towards white farmers, fixing that so that all farmers have access isn't reparations. It's ending discrimination. Unless all farm subsidies were ended except for black farmers, then it's not correct to say this is "stimulus for minority farmers only." Whenever money is pooled and distributed, there is a danger of one group being favored over another. Go back to the Bible and the Book of Acts. The Greeks widows were complaining that the church poor fund was being disproportionately given to the Jewish widows. So...the disciples instituted a church "affirmative action" program where they made sure there were Greek and Jewish deacons to distribute the money.
    Slavery was like 300 years ago get over it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Are you an anarchist?
    Nope. I'm just not going to pretend that corporations are no different than individuals. You can have a corporation of one individual. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

That said, I have nothing against anarchists. You can have civilization without what we call government. You also can have government without having corporations. You can't have corporations without government. A corporation is a government charter. It makes zero sense to say that an entity that has been granted a government license should not have an restrictions placed on that license. You don't like those restrictions? Don't take the license. Just be a partnership.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Slavery was like 300 years ago get over it
    LOL

If anything, black people should be paying us money. We did the modern African American a huge favor by bringing their ancestors to America.

I will be awaiting reimbursement for the free boat rides from Africa that we gave them. I accept cash or credit.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

One thing people fail to mention, is that slaves in Africa were sold to us by their own people. They were criminals & other undesirables. Africa's rejects.

They basically sold us the worst of Africa. And that's how we got rap music.
    - Kim Kardashian

I believe in reparations on an individual level. If the government wronged an individual that individual should be compensated. Were all jews and their descendants compensated or just the ones that had family members affected? Were all people of oriental origin compensated in the US or just the ones that were put in concentration camps?

Do you believe in group reparations?

I believe in reparations on an individual level. If the government wronged an individual that individual should be compensated. Were all jews and their descendants compensated or just the ones that had family members affected? Were all people of oriental origin compensated in the US or just the ones that were put in concentration camps?

Let's talk about the subject of this thread. Black farmers have been the RECENT victim of discrimination in allocation of federal government farm subsidies. Do you think repairing that recent discrimination is wrong?

Let's talk about the subject of this thread. Black farmers have been the RECENT victim of discrimination in allocation of federal government farm subsidies. Do you think repairing that recent discrimination is wrong?
    If an individual was wrongly denied a subsidy they can sue.

If an individual was wrongly denied a subsidy they can sue.
    Not always. Have you never heard of qualified immunity? Statute of limitations? The survivors of the Rosewood massacre were, most of them children, were to afraid, being the victims of mob justice that was backed by a corrupt, racist legal system, to file suit until many years later. So...no justice for them based on a technicality?

Groups are made up of individuals. That's what you keep blabbering about when it comes to corporations.

Edit: And I see you still are afraid to discuss the actual subject of the thread.

Not always. Have you never heard of qualified immunity? Statute of limitations? The survivors of the Rosewood massacre were, most of them children, were to afraid, being the victims of mob justice that was backed by a corrupt, racist legal system, to file suit until many years later. So...no justice for them based on a technicality?

Groups are made up of individuals. That's what you keep blabbering about when it comes to corporations.

Edit: And I see you still are afraid to discuss the actual subject of the thread.

Should a person get "relief" not based on their individual situation, but simply based on their race or gender or some other group?

A corporation is a group of individuals bound by a contract. Not just a random group.

For example if a corporation injured someone the owners would have to pay in the form of reduced dividends or share price. If a woman injured someone, all women would not have to pay damages.
    Last edited by Madison320; 03-04-2021 at 03:31 PM.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you against class action lawsuits?

https://legaldictionary.net/class-action-lawsuit/

Back to the Rosewood example, that you were afraid to address. That was group reparations. The members of the group were black people who had lived in a certain area and had been run out by a white mob. The statute of limitations had run out so filing a lawsuit was impossible. But the reason the statute of limitations had run out was because the victims were afraid to go to the law as the law had participated in the ethnic cleansing.

Are you unwilling to actually address the thread? Why is that?

A corporation is a group of individuals bound by a contract. Not just a random group.
    Nonsense. A group of individuals bound by contract is a partnership. To be a partnership there must be a license with a government entity. And a corporation can be one individual.

This is what a corporation actually is:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/corporations
    A corporation is a legal entity created through the laws of its state of incorporation. Individual states have the power to promulgate laws relating to the creation, organization and dissolution of corporations. Many states follow the Model Business Corporation Act. (See Minnesota's adoption.) State corporation laws require articles of incorporation to document the corporation's creation and to provide provisions regarding the management of internal affairs. Most state corporation statutes also operate under the assumption that each corporation will adopt bylaws to define the rights and obligations of officers, persons and groups within its structure. States also have registration laws requiring corporations that incorporate in other states to request permission to do in-state business.

There has also been a significant component of Federal corporations law since Congress passed the Securities Act of 1933, which regulates how corporate securities are issued and sold. Federal securities law also governs requirements of fiduciary conduct such as requiring corporations to make full disclosures to shareholders and investors.

The law treats a corporation as a legal "person" that has standing to sue and be sued, distinct from its stockholders. The legal independence of a corporation prevents shareholders from being personally liable for corporate debts. It also allows stockholders to sue the corporation through a derivative suit and makes ownership in the company (shares) easily transferable. The legal "person" status of corporations gives the business perpetual life; deaths of officials or stockholders do not alter the corporation's structure.

Corporations are taxable entities that fall under a different scheme from individuals. Although corporations have a "double tax" problem -- both corporate profits and shareholder dividends are taxed -- corporate profits are taxed at a lower rate than the rates for individuals.

I keep explaining this simple fact to you over and over again and you keep coming back to the "it's a group of individuals bound by contract" lie. You don't have to have a group to have a corporation. And you can't form a corporation only by having a contract between a group of individuals.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-04-2021 at 08:06 PM.

Are you against class action lawsuits?
    Of course not. In a class action lawsuit the plaintiffs were all directly, individually harmed.

I'm against any type of reparations where the plaintiffs were not directly affected. For example the individual blacks that got kicked out by a white mob should be compensated, not all blacks. It's not that complicated.

Of course not. In a class action lawsuit the plaintiffs were all directly, individually harmed.

I'm against any type of reparations where the plaintiffs were not directly affected. For example the individual blacks that got kicked out by a white mob should be compensated, not all blacks. It's not that complicated.
    In the case of Rosewood, reparations were given to a group of people who were all directly harmed but could not sue because the statute of limitations had run.

That said, you don't understand class action lawsuits. You don't have to prove that you were directly harmed to benefit from a class action settlement. You just have to show that you might have been harmed. Have you never seen one of those TV commercials that say "Did you or one of your loved ones use Johnson and Johnson talc products? You might be entitled to a settlement because Johnson and Johnson knew talcum powder increased the risk of cancer." As long as you can show you used the product and got the cancer you can benefit from the settlment. You don't have to show a direct connection like you would if you were an individual plaintiff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12