Thread: Did Hand-Washing Kill The Flu?

Did Hand-Washing Kill The Flu?

Did Hand-Washing Kill The Flu?

Astonishingly, the UK public health authority has announced that this flu season has not seen a single case of influenza. The US and elsewhere are showing similar numbers. Has the flu disappeared? If so, why? The "experts" are claiming that hand-washing, masks, and social distancing have defeated the flu virus. So why didn't those measures work against the Covid virus? Also today, social media morphs into NATO cheerleaders...

Keep the Ron Paul Liberty Report alive with a tax-deductible contribution to the Ron Paul Institute: http://www.RonPaulInstitute.org/support
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amid COVID pandemic, flu has disappeared in the US

NEW YORK — February is usually the peak of flu season, with doctors’ offices and hospitals packed with suffering patients. But not this year.

Flu has virtually disappeared from the U.S., with reports coming in at far lower levels than anything seen in decades.

Experts say that measures put in place to fend off the coronavirus — mask wearing, social distancing and virtual schooling — were a big factor in preventing a “twindemic” of flu and COVID-19. A push to get more people vaccinated against flu probably helped, too, as did fewer people traveling, they say.

Another possible explanation: The coronavirus has essentially muscled aside flu and other bugs that are more common in the fall and winter. Scientists don’t fully understand the mechanism behind that, but it would be consistent with patterns seen when certain flu strains predominate over others, said Dr. Arnold Monto, a flu expert at the University of Michigan.
    More: https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/amid-c...red-in-the-us/

This is the type of article that Ron is discussing in this episode of The Liberty Report.

At this point, there is no definitive scientific cause and effect, just hypothesis and speculation. Did masks and social distancing stop the flu? Did Vitamin D, C and Zinc slow the flu down? Could it be that people were more cautious and stayed home when ill because of COVID? Did COVID muscle out the flu by being more contagious and aggressive? Or as Ron Paul speculates, is the flu just being diagnosed as COVID this year?
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-01-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Unfortunately, we'll never know what's going on because we don't have "scientists" looking at this - we have "scientific analysts" that provide confirmation data for whatever the prevailing narrative is.

Are flu deaths being counted as Covid? Probably likely.
    Does the Covid virus prevent the flu virus from transmitting data? Could be.
    Do any of these preventative measures stop viruses from moving in a large population? Probably not.
    Is this just a coincidence? Doubtful, but it's possible.

I'd like to understand this, but we will never get there under the current circumstances. People will cling to whatever answer will validate their chosen narrative. And any conflicting information will be washed away.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Seasonal flu isn't dead, covid is more profitable right now.

Annnnd..........People are scared to death to go see the Dr. out of fear.

I think we can all confidently assume that the piece(s) of cloth over people's mouths, is what prevented the flu.

Because everyone knows masks are awesome like that.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Flu cases are down because almost everybody is wearing a mask. Coronavirus cases are also rising because people refuse to wear a mask.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Unfortunately, we'll never know what's going on because we don't have "scientists" looking at this - we have "scientific analysts" that provide confirmation data for whatever the prevailing narrative is.

Are flu deaths being counted as Covid? Probably likely.
    Does the Covid virus prevent the flu virus from transmitting data? Could be.
    Do any of these preventative measures stop viruses from moving in a large population? Probably not.
    Is this just a coincidence? Doubtful, but it's possible.

I'd like to understand this, but we will never get there under the current circumstances. People will cling to whatever answer will validate their chosen narrative. And any conflicting information will be washed away.
    Agree. It's pretty hopeless when even the raw data is corrupted and there are no controls.