5 27.78%
  • No

8 44.44%
  • Something else

5 27.78%

Thread: CPAC 2024

CPAC 2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

ORLANDO – Republican presidential hopefuls who once hoped to make their marks at a high-profile conservative political conference this weekend hit a last-minute roadblock.

Donald Trump decided to show up.

Trump's appearance Sunday at the Conservative Political Action Conference – his first speech since his norm-busting presidency ended on Jan. 20 – now dominates the annual event at which conservative activists will plot the future of their movement.
    Last edited by Pauls' Revere; 02-27-2021 at 05:09 PM.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Doubtful he's going to run again. One term presidents in general never make another run for the office (unless you're Grover Cleveland). Plus, if Trump were to become president again, Democrats know he would be able to prove once and for all that he was cheated in 2020. For that reason alone, they'll most likely cheat him again.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

i said yes.... even though he might be weighing options, still.
    Steve Bannon, his inamous sidekick, wanted him to do a 2022
    HOUSE run to set the stage for a bigly POTUS run. DJT = DJT

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Doubtful he's going to run again. One term presidents in general never make another run for the office (unless you're Grover Cleveland). Plus, if Trump were to become president again, Democrats know he would be able to prove once and for all that he was cheated in 2020. For that reason alone, they'll most likely cheat him again.
    lets be logical, if he wins, he will say he SHOULD have won in 2o2o, if he looses, he will say the system is STILL "fixed" against him,
    he will not say that the younger voters, if they get to the polls, may go Democrat on him, as he ages. Either way he hath attitude...

I voted 'something else.' I think he is setting himself up as a 'king maker' within the party. Then again if he does declare then he can claim any lawsuits against him are politically motivated. But, I'm going with 'something else.' Though I suppose I should have just voted 'no.' Lol.

It doesn't really matter. Whether Trump does or doesn't run again, either way, I don't see any potential for any candidates worth supporting being in the race.

No, Trump is done.

I'm liking DeSantis for 2024. I think he would have similar policy to Trump but doesn't have an offensive and vulgar mouth. Rand Paul should have a chance still as well.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Democrats will win in a landslide either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Democrats will win in a landslide either way.
    Not if they bankrupt the country and the Republicans run a respectable non-Trump candidate.

I said yes, as Aratus says. It will be the greatest bigley CPAC announcement ever ... hugely great.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Not if they bankrupt the country and the Republicans run a respectable non-Trump candidate.
    The cabal will make sure Trump wins the GOP nomination.
    He is property.

Probably more profitable for him to be vague. If he tells his supporters that he's considering whether to run or not and trying to evaluate their level of support for him, he will be able to live off the wave of donations for the rest of his life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I voted no of course
    Do something Danke

Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Trump 2024.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...200435795.html

Donald Trump has told conservatives at a conference in Florida that he is considering running for the White House for a third time.

In a speech that touched on the common themes of Trumpism, the former president repeated false claims of election fraud and accused Democrats of "recklessly eliminating our border". He appeared to tease a run for president for a third time.

"A Republican president will make a winning return to the White House," he promised the crowd. "Who will that be?" he said, smiling broadly. "Who, who, who will that be?"

Mr Trump returned to the political stage , delivering a speech capping a conference dominated by loyalty to the former president.

The address was his first major public appearance since retreating to Mar-a-Lago, his private club in southern Florida, after quitting Washington last month.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Trump 2024.

Donald Trump has told conservatives at a conference in Florida that he is considering running for the White House for a third time.

In a speech that touched on the common themes of Trumpism, the former president repeated false claims of election fraud and accused Democrats of "recklessly eliminating our border". He appeared to tease a run for president for a third time.

"A Republican president will make a winning return to the White House," he promised the crowd. "Who will that be?" he said, smiling broadly. "Who, who, who will that be?"

Mr Trump returned to the political stage , delivering a speech capping a conference dominated by loyalty to the former president.

The address was his first major public appearance since retreating to Mar-a-Lago, his private club in southern Florida, after quitting Washington last month.
    Ha!

Text messages with donation links are not far away.
    Pinochet is the model

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Well elections are rigged. So, Democrats will win in a landslide either way.

Trump names the RINO's.

Mr. Trump took special care to single out Representative Liz Cheney, the third-ranking House Republican, and Senator Mitch McConnell, the minority leader. He called Ms. Cheney “a warmonger” and said her “poll numbers have dropped faster than any human being I’ve ever seen.” Then he falsely claimed he had helped revive Mr. McConnell’s campaign last year in Kentucky.

Trump names the RINO's.

Mr. Trump took special care to single out Representative Liz Cheney, the third-ranking House Republican, and Senator Mitch McConnell, the minority leader. He called Ms. Cheney “a warmonger” and said her “poll numbers have dropped faster than any human being I’ve ever seen.” Then he falsely claimed he had helped revive Mr. McConnell’s campaign last year in Kentucky.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Here's a transcript of Trump's speech at CPAC. This gives you an idea of what the word "conservative" means when he and his supporters call themselves conservatives.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1809208.html

The word "conservative" occurs 7 times in Trump's speech.

The first two are just naming CPAC and the ACU. The last two at the end of the speech are just generic calls to elect conservatives and lead the conservative movement.

In between those, he indicates that conservatives are those who support Operation Warp Speed, want to break up big tech monopolies, want to repeal section 230, and support government regulation of speech online.

This is what it means to be a conservative now. The erosion of all meaning from the word is now complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible Man View Post
    In between those, he indicates that conservatives are those who support Operation Warp Speed, want to break up big tech monopolies, want to repeal section 230, and support government regulation of speech online.

This is what it means to be a conservative now. The erosion of all meaning from the word is now complete.
    and that's pretty much the same thing as a Democrat.

Trump 2024.

he ..........................almost............. tossed his metaphoric hat into the ring. i knew i was weighing his options in the poll.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    then again.... if he wants to be a wise Dictator For Life as he thusly rules our vast PAX AMERICANA,
    he'd be lording it over 7 times as many people as AUGUSTUS CAESAR did more than 2000 years ago.

Duckies.... you young forum members... long after i am gone and have passed away
    to the hereafter, y'all keep in mind i tried to WARN y'all about any return to power that
    Donald John Trump wants to happen a.s.a.p despite the path chosen. Do not vote for
    him. Please. Spare us. Go 3rd Party. Or even for the Democrat. Avoid voting for him!!!

Duckies, try not to vote for a person who is less clever & less brilliant than either Gaius Julius Caesar or his heir Augustus.
    Our PAX AMERICANA is repeating the same mistakes of the ROMAN PEACE that Constantine the Great was aware of. Trust me.
    There is nothing new under the sun. Auld soul. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3M7YWlewo I too can get religion.